MadonnaNation.com Forums
LHakaLH

Holiday from the tours ranked

From best to worst:

I will NEVER tire of this song live. NEVER. 

DWT: Blew the roof off. The Madonna SQUAT and the mashup with Music Sounds Better With You are LIFE. 

BAT: ICONIC. 

WTG

S&S: Probably the most interesting arraignment of this song she’s done  

RIT

VT

RHT: I don’t DISLIKE this  But it was certainly pretty phoned in. 

TGS: Sorry, but the whole military theme just didn’t mesh well with the song for me. Plus, it seemed like this was the last song she wanted to sing on this tour. 

DWT

RIT

BAT

S & S

LAV

WTG

RHT

TGS

Know holiday wasn’t on the main set list for MDNA, but thought it was great when it was performed. 

1. Blond Ambiton

2. Drowned World

3. Who's That Girl

4. Girlie Show

5. Virgin

6. Reinvention

7. Rebel Heart

8. Sticky & Sweet

1-Blond

2- WTG

3- DWT

4- Sticky

5- Girlie

6- Virgin

7- RIT

8- Rebel

Girlie Show - how come so  many so low??? It's amazing!

WTG - rocking!

VT - the original!

BA - iconic

RHT - OK - didn't like the cheap swing at the end

RIT - horrid kilts

S&S - couldn't even remember it

DWT - horrible synth

1. BAT

2. RHT

3. DWT

4. VT

5. WTGT

6. GS

7. RIT

WTG

GS

VT

BA

RIT

DW

RH

1. Drowned World Tour - The sample, the attitude, the lighting, the energy, the M-Donna-Nikki holy trinity closing out the show after eight year absence -- FUCKING PERFECT
  2. Blond Ambition - iconic, energetic, fun, catchy -- this stands alongside DWT as my most-watched and most-listened-to rendition of the song
  3. The Girlie Show - I love the military take, I love the choreography, I FUCKING LOVE THE BAND -- this one has it all
  4. Sticky and Sweet - I love this mix -- one of the best S&S reinventions -- and the "Everybody" sample is perfect and wish it'd been done throughout the whole tour and not just in 2009

I have a hard time rating these next three. I LOVE something about each of them but something about each of them just doesn't work:

5. Who's that Girl - the performance really pops in video -- the Queen is ON FIRE in this encore -- but this rendition falls flat when you just listen to it on your phone. The rock reinvention just doesn't work without the video. 
  6. RIT - THIS MIX IS AMAZING ... but also totally fell flat live. The studio demo of this song is one of my all-time most-listened to remixes, but it just didn't work in the arena at. all. It was very strange.
  7. RHT - Exact opposite of RIT. The arena was jamming to this and it was such an energetic and fun number to end the show ... literally none of that comes through on the recordings of it.
  8. Virgin - I actually can't even remember how this goes right now, so I guess all I can say about it is "forgettable?" :lol:

7 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I will NEVER tire of this song live. NEVER. 

Same. I was so sad when rehearsal rumors said it wasn't in the CT setlist. It's the one song I wish she'd done every tour -- and especially in CT. A disco-fied "Holiday" would have been blown the roof off the joint.

DWT > WTG > RIT > BAT > VT > S&S > GS > RHT

1. Virgin (fucking amazing...cannot fathom that it's so low on everyone's lists)
    2. Blond Ambition
    3. Drowned World
    4. Who's That Girl
    5. Re-Invention
    6. Girlie Show
    7. Rebel Heart
    8. Sticky & Sweet

1. Sticky
    2. Drowned World Tour
    3. BAT
    4. Girlie Show
    5. Virgin
    6. WTG
    7. RIT
    8. Rebel Heart 😴

1 - Blond Ambition

2 - Girlie Show

3 - Drowned World

4 - Who’s That Girl

5 - Re-Invention

6 - Rebel Heart

7 - Virgin

8 - Sticky

I don't wanna rank them, because Holiday is PURE LIFE whenever it's performed live. It's like angels smile down on the stadium/arena every time the song is performed. So joyful. So magical. Tours without this song feel so incomplete.

1. Image result for Madonna HOliday blond ambition gif

2. Image result for Madonna Holiday Drowned World Tour gif

3. Image result for Madonna holiday Who's That Girl Tour

4. Image result for Madonna HOliday Girlie Show

5. Image result for Madonna Holiday Reinvention tour

6. Image result for Madonna Holiday Sticky & Sweet tour

7. Image result for Madonna HOliday Virgin Tour

8. Image result for Madonna Holiday Rebel Heart Tour

BAT

VT

S&S

DWT

GS

RHT

WTGT

RIT

Blond Ambition - The quintessential live rendition of this song in it's full glory. Fabulous arrangement. Phenomenal band. The energy. The outfit. The percussion. PERFECTION.

Drowned World - The absolute funkiest rendition. Possibly my favorite arrangement of them all. The holy trinity of M, Donna, and Niki. The attitude. EVERYTHING.

The Girlie Show - Fabulously funky, old-school arrangement w/ the BEST BAND she's ever had. The homage to James Brown. The hysterical banter. The spectacle. Deserves FAR more credit than I think it gets. And the military/USO tour theme actually fits perfectly with the whole 'traveling show/cabaret' concept of The Girlie Show itself.

Rebel Heart - Adore it. I actually like that it's a sightly refreshed version of the original album arrangement we hadn't heard in a long time. Think it comes off much better in live fan footage than the official tour film. Would have liked to have seen the band have more room to play and get really funky on it, with a bigger bang at the ending.

Who's That Girl - Adore the 80's pop rock feel of it all. The breakdowns. The guitar riffs. That energy. The total free abandon of it all.

Virgin - The classic at it's finest. The dance breakdowns. Her early effervescence and joy.

Re-Invention - A really interesting remix that I do like. Like it more as a studio track than a live arrangement. Enjoy the performance and is a perfect ending to that tour.

Sticky & Sweet - Fun. But not quite as memorable (as I remember it more as Celebration than Holiday, since it uses that backing more so than Holiday's).

As said by so many, it is THE quintessential Madonna classic that deserves a spot on every tour. It's just made to be heard LIVE. Never tire of it. Pop perfection.

I am SO ready for a whole new reinvention of this song.

1.DWT

2.RIT

3.BAT

4.VT

5.WTGT

6.RHT

7.TGS

8.S&S