Bat-Fan

La Isla Bonita from the tours ranked

1. RHT

2. GS

3. WTGT

4. DWT

5. CT

6. S&S

This is one the most consistently performed songs she’s done on tour. There really isn’t a bad rendition of this song at all. Some are better than others, but all are pretty special in their own way. 

Girlie Show: This is the quintessential performance of LIB in my opinion. Everything was perfect. The band, the wardrobe, the lighting, the VOCALS. I never get sick of watching it. 

WTG: So alive. Loved the free wheeling choreography. 

DWT: First Time I saw her live. The stripped down version of this is probably the one I LISTEN to the most. 

RHT: Again, the choreography and costumes were on POINT. Worked perfectly after LFL. 

CT: Lovely. But seemed out of place on this tour. 

S&S: This is my least favorite. The whole thing just seemed kind of....sloppy. Still a solid effort. Just doesn’t do much for me. 

I honestly enjoy all of them! The thing is that’s it’s performed way too much like a few other signature songs. Was kinda pissed when it was on the set list for RHT even though it was good. 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

S&S: This is my least favorite. The whole thing just seemed kind of....sloppy. Still a solid effort. Just doesn’t do much for me. 

It worked brilliantly at Live Earth. And it should have stopped at THAT. :lol: 

1. Confessions because it's the most upbeat rendition & her body in that fucking white catsuit is BEYOND :dramatic:

2. Girlie Show

3. RHT

4. Sticky & Sweet was great live! The audience loved it, myself included.

5. Who's That Girl

6. DWT

1. Drowned World Tour - Simple, but powerful -- sheer perfection. I wish she'd ended the show with this, and then come back with "Holiday" and "Music" as encores.
  2. The Girlie Show - A cut above everything below it -- amazing
  3. Sticky and Sweet - Great reinvention
  4. Confessions - Fun
  5. Who's that Girl - Iconic
  6. Rebel Heart - Good, but a bit by the number at this point

1-Girlie

2- WTG

3- Rebel

4- Sticky

5- Confessions

6-DWT

1. Girlie

2. WTG

3. RH

4. Sticky

5. Confessions

6. DW

GS

Confession

WTG

SS

DW

RH

1. TGS

2. DWT

3. WTGT

4. CT

5. S&S

6. RHT 😴

WTG > DWT > GS > CT > RHT > S&S

1 - DWT (My favorite reinvention of the song)

2 - TGS (That was my first time live!)

3 - WTG (Classic Madonna)

4 - RHT (I can't believe this is #4, but there are 3 better performances)

5 - S&S (I did prefer the Live Earth performance, but I guess she wanted to include it in the tour and I found it worked really well, unlike...)

6 - CT (My least favorite reinvention of the song and, like someone said earlier, it doesn't exactly fit with the rest. The costume and choreography still were top notch though)

1. Rebel Heart

2. The others

4642C228-1B11-4D61-9A8D-CB29E6FE270F.jpeg

What a great song.

01. Girlie Show - the ultimate version

02. Who’s That Girl - The beginning, the energy, the greatness of the video on stage.

03. Rebel Heart Tour - Back to its original form (the choreography, the arrangement, the dancers).

On 11/30/2017 at 12:21 AM, Shaun said:

1. Rebel Heart

2. The others

WVtQTTD.gif

TGS

WTG

CT

RH

DWT

S&S

WTG 

... the rest. I don't really care for her LIB performances, I loved Live Earth though. 

1 - The Girlie Show

2 - Rebel Heart

3 - Drowned World

4 - Who’s That Girl

5 - Confessions

6 - Sticky & Sweet

TGS

DWT

WTG

RHT

CT

S&S

1. Girlie Show- the energy in this one is unmatched by any other version. She was on fire. That ending dance break :bow:

2. Who's That Girl- like much of WTG tour itself, this is just Madonna young, wild, free. It may be as choreographed as any other version but it feels like she's just out there free flowing it...full of passion

3. Sticky & Sweet- I feel like Live Earth is the best "modern" version of this song and S&S comes closest to that. 

4. Rebel Heart- probably the best staging ever for a LIB performance. I really dig this one a lot!! Not super high energy and not too mellow...just right.

5. Confessions- Oh goodness.....I watched this recently and it's actually not as bad as I remember. I always considered this to be the methed out version of LIB. It was just always way too fast and frantic for me. It felt like there could've been a better song choice for that slot in the show. Definitely high energy and fun though! I just prefer my LIB slightly more tame......

6. Drowned World-.......but not quite this tamed.....lol....really, this is a pretty version and the dancers solo is stunning.....but with only two 80's tracks in this show, this one just always underwhelmed me. Personally, would've liked a more RHT-esque version at least...something with a little more dancing from her.