MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sky Fits Heaven

In which tours should M have sung Spotlight?

8 members have voted

1. 1. In which tours should M have sung Spotlight?

• Blond Ambition World Tour
    • The Girlie Show World Tour
    • Drowned World Tour
    • Re-Invention World Tour
    • Confessions Tour
    • Sticky & Sweet Tour (2008)
    • Sticky & Sweet Tour (2009)
    • The MDNA Tour
    • Rebel Heart Tour
    • None. Its time will come
    • None. And hopefully never

Spotlight remains one of the few Madonna singles that has never been sung on tour; but, did it fit into any of the past setlists?

I think it would've been perfect for the first two tours, but the song came out "too late" for them. I can't imagine Spotlight as a part of BAT or even CT.

I can’t see spotlight fitting anywhere on the past tours.  Maybe it’s time will come in the future. I doubt it though. 

ETA: If I know madonna, she would prolly massacre spotlight by doing a heavy metal version of a great 80s bop. 

Can’t imagine it being performed anytime after BAT. 

19 hours ago, spotlight said:

I can’t see spotlight fitting anywhere on the past tours.  Maybe it’s time will come in the future. I doubt it though. 

The only tour it would fit in is Who’s that Girl — which isn’t listed here for some reason.

”Spotlight” was a “TB” leftover and “YCD” was originally intended for release before the WTG Tour, so the track was done long before the tour launched. And the song mixes nicely into the encore before “Holiday” — just as “YCD” mixes the tracks together.

She could've premiered it on WTGT, as it is the only tour where it could've fit.

On 26/11/2017 at 3:21 AM, material_boy said:

The only tour it would fit in is Who’s that Girl — which isn’t listed here for some reason.

”Spotlight” was a “TB” leftover and “YCD” was originally intended for release before the WTG Tour, so the track was done long before the tour launched. And the song mixes nicely into the encore before “Holiday” — just as “YCD” mixes the tracks together.

The Virgin Tour and Who's That Girl Tour aren't listed for chronologic reason.

Spotlight was done long before the WTG tour launched, but the song was only released to the public after that. And, at the time, Madonna didn't include outtakes, demos or b-sides in her tours setlists.