REWIND: 1980s Cabbage Patch Dolls HYSTERIA

Camacho

Flashback to 1983 :lmao:

CABBAGE PATCH MANIA! On Thanksgiving weekend 1983, the hottest gift was a Cabbage Patch Kid, and, as you can see in this video, things were getting out of control at malls around the country. Do you remember the Cabbage Patch craze?

2 hours ago, Hector said:

CABBAGE PATCH MANIA! On Thanksgiving weekend 1983, the hottest gift was a Cabbage Patch Kid, and, as you can see in this video, things were getting out of control at malls around the country. Do you remember the Cabbage Patch craze?

We criticise so much millennials but really,  my generation was equally absurd and spoiled if not more :lmao:

Those toy fevers started back then. As if it was a drama not to give a certain toy as a present. 

10 hours ago, Hector said:

During an airing of the movie on the morning of January 7, 2007, AMC claimed the creator modeled the doll (Chucky) after the Cabbage Patch Kids. This was confirmed by an interview with the creator, Don Mancini, which was featured on the Seed of Chucky DVD.

$_3.JPG

7 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Garbage Pail Kids were the truly off-hot thing.

Garbage Pail KidsFile:Collette Coldcut.jpg

When I was a kid, my mom got a dresser and the same day my brother and I went to a yard sale and got a shit ton of these stickers. We put them all over my mom’s dresser like decorations before my mom got home from work.  They couldn’t be taken off cause the white sticky stuff stayed on.  We got a good spanking that day :lol:

• 3 years later...

"What do we tell our little girl Christmas morning? *dramatic pause* What're we s'posed to SAY, 'You been good, but Santa ran short'?"

Emotional trauma: What is it and how to heal

Edit: My heart goes out to Lady Gaga, as I'm sure she didn't receive her Cabbage Patch Kid and I know hard it must have been.

Edited by pithy

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 11:01 AM, funkydita said:

There’s a really interesting backstory to Cabbage Patch dolls.

Eww. From time to time people crave ugly.