MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Masterpiece vs. Ghosttown

Masterpiece vs. Ghosttown  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which underrated Madonna ballad do you prefer?

• From the moment I first saw you, all the darkness to light. An impressionistic painting, tiny particles of light.
    • Tell me how we got this far? Every man for himself. Everything's gone to hell. We gotta stay strong, we're gonna hold on

I find both of them skippable, but I voted for Masterpiece.  It's a more pleasant song for me to listen to.  Her vocals on Ghostown sound a bit screechy to me at times.  And it feels like it's going to build up to something but never really goes anywhere.

The best thing we got from the whole "Ghosttown" release is this Instagram post: 

R3yLVFN.png

Really hard choice. But I think it's Ghost Town (sorry but just 'can't' with that daft spelling). It's such a solid track and sounds (just wish it didn't have that wobble vocorder - sounds out of place to me). I love Masterpiece, but like other people have said sounds unfinished, the insumental is just a dull guitar loop with keyboard stings. I love the live version and I've replaced it on my version of MDNA with one someone made on another forum which uses real strings - which is soooo much better!

Edited by luluthecat

I'm changing my vote to "neither" & going with Miles Away instead  :dramatic:

Ghosttown is one of Madonna's best records in YEARS. Masterpiece is cute for what it is but some of the lyrics are way too cringy and cliche. How is it even comparable to GT? Everybody was praising Ghosttown on MNation and now people are shading it left and right after it flopped? INTERESTING. 

2 hours ago, Hector said:

Omg these are awesome! 

They must be chow chows...? 

Falling Free (or Love Spent) vs Wash all over me would be the battle of the best ballads from her last two albums

4 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

I'm changing my vote to "neither" & going with Miles Away instead  :dramatic:

you remind me of my friend Rod who is stuck on Hard Candy as well 😂

I think it’s a little bit odd, even more so in this forum, to disqualify and disregard people’s opinions accordingly to the success of a song or not, as people not having a mind of their own. 

I perceive people who reacted that way have abandoned the Madonna’s ship a long long time ago... 

If that was the case there could be no constructive discussion, difference of opinions and different perspectives regarding any single after Sorry with the exception of 4M and GMAYL (obviously and that last one is a stretch)... 

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think it’s a little bit disrespectful, even more so in this forum, to disqualify and disregard people’s opinions accordingly to the success of a song or not, as people not having a mind of their own. 

I perceive people who reacted that way have abandoned the Madonna’s ship a long long time ago... 

If that was the case there could be no constructive discussion, difference of opinions and different perspectives regarding any single after Sorry with the exception of 4M and GMAYL (obviously and that last one is a stretch)... 

I agree. 

My favorite single from RH is "Bitch I'm Madonna" which actually FAILED to chart in the UK. LFL at least reached #26 there. 

"4 Minutes" peaked in top 5 position in many countries but I have never been fond of it [except for the hilarious live vocals]. 

13 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Rod & I are kindred spirits!!!

Our sugar is RAW 🍭 

13 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Funny how @IsaacHarris reminds me of myself too. :drama:

We are all Isaac. Gog bless "Hard Granny" :drama:

Yaaaas!!  Hard Candy is life!!! I remember playing Mario Candy Crush on Wii, eating candy and playing Hard Candy on repeat!! It was such a magical time for me. My boyfriend suffered through it all well 😂

GT only because its winter.