MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aries

Who’s your second all-time favorite?

Assuming Madonna is your favorite  artist ever....if she had never existed, what singer/band would be next in line to take the crown.

I would choose Donna Summer...in fact she was my number 1 artist from ‘75 to ‘83 until M moved onto the block and snatched the top spot....But Donna has remained a close 2nd ever since!

It has changed through the years and I can't decide properly because it depends on the mood, but my number 2 would be among Eddi Reader, Tori Amos and Oleta Adams. Right now I would say Eddi Reader. 

Oh, about Eddi Reader, and sorry because I don't want to distorte this beautiful thread, but I recently saw her in an early video when she was the backsinger for Eurythmics and she performed for example in the song Sweet Dreams and poor Annie had her voice absolutely SWALLOWED by Eddi's :lmao:

Eddi said once in an interview that Annie Lennox HATED HER GUTS deeply, mainly because Eddi was always in the bar drunk instead of resting her voice, but I think it was Annie has never let anyone upstage her, hahahaha. 

Tori Amos has been pretty prominent throughout most of my adult life.  I'd say she's #2 after Madonna.

12 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Abba

They’ve got a great discography....do you like singing by the girls or guys better...I love Agnetha the best....

David Bowie

Tori Amos

Björk

Tori Amos and Madonna are equals for me. Trailblazers in their respective genres who are BOTH under appreciated. They always seem to release the right album at the right time for whatever is going on in my life. Absolute clsss acts who give their all in everything they do. 

My 2nd would be Cher. Just a total package. Love everything about her. 

My second favorites always move around. 

So it’s always between Sia and Bjork.  Usually that’s the order but like I said- they switch.

It’s probably Bowie, but Depeche Mode is pretty close to second as well.

For me personally, feel DM discography is just as consistent as Madonna, while on the other hand Bowie released some utter crap.

Don't think I would really have one.  

My favorite artist is actually Joni Mitchell - I was into music since I was very little and that was waaay before Madonna. But, supposing there was neither Joni nor Madonna, it would probably be Prince. :sadface:

8 hours ago, Aries said:

They’ve got a great discography....do you like singing by the girls or guys better...I love Agnetha the best....

The girls singing by a mile. They harmonise like angels and are both beautiful singers. The guys wrote the songs and produced the music though.  

It's always been Bowie. 

For a couple of years as a teenager I had a serious obsession for an English band called Suede, this was my most extreme and die hard fandom, I spend a lot of money there and they were my absolute number one for most of the 90s. Haha, good times. 

But in the long run it's always Madonna and Bowie. 

my all time turkish delight

7 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

She's the only other artist whose forum I joined :lol:

Flesh Tones is one of the best albums I've ever heard in my life

1 hour ago, Rugbyguy said:

Flesh Tones is one of the best albums I've ever heard in my life

Omg Flesh tone is excellent. Has a futuristic feel with great vocals and production.

Really appreciate the album too because dance music has been partly destroyed by the generic pop princesses.

Madonna

Michael Jackson

Queen

Beastie Boys

Daft Punk

My all time favorites!!!

13 hours ago, Lolo said:

It's always been Bowie. 

For a couple of years as a teenager I had a serious obsession for an English band called Suede, this was my most extreme and die hard fandom, I spend a lot of money there and they were my absolute number one for most of the 90s. Haha, good times. 

But in the long run it's always Madonna and Bowie. 

Bowie as well here.

Brett Anderson very much did sound like Ziggy's voice tone, but Bowie was a different higher planet altogether.

Used to love Kate Bush as well.

And Donna Summer LOADS. Adding Blondie, Abba, Giorgio Moroder, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix and the Stooges to the mix too.

Tori. :inlove:

97C4ABC2-F401-4313-A785-7B668B04618B.jpeg

Tori Amos and Stevie Nicks (both solo and with Fleetwood Mac)