MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aries

Who’s your second all-time favorite?

I gotta go with Stevie Nicks.....there's just nobody like her. That woman LIVES her music. She chose to forego marriage and family so she could devote herself to only her work. The passion and intensity she exudes when she performs, her ability to create such atmosphere with her performances, her poetic lyrics that tug at your heart and that instantly recognizable, unique voice are just a few things I adore about her. Love both her solo and her work with FM.

Kurt Donald Cobain.

7 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Radiohead or Bjork

Madonna is really the only "pop star" I've ever idolized. I've also never joined any other music forums besides this one :lol:

Radiohead is fantastic! I’ve considered them over the years to be one of my favorite current bands.

The OK computer reissue this year was amazing & love some of the bsides from that era.

Pet Shop Boys

Lady Gaga definitely <3

:vomit::vomit::vomit:

the Balkan Queen of pop Lepa Brena :inlove: 

she was my idol growing up, what a trailblazer for that region

On 20/11/2017 at 10:49 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Abba. 

Yes, such great songs, videos and production

On 20/11/2017 at 11:03 PM, Aries said:

They’ve got a great discography....do you like singing by the girls or guys better...I love Agnetha the best....

For me, the girls' harmonies together are just beyond comparison. Their voices fitted their 'roles' in the songs - Agnetha was vulnerable and Frida was the survivor.

Never really liked the boys songs. I even missed off Does your mother know from my hits compilation!

And Prince is a close third. 

Queen, Depeche Mode, Most 80's bands and Zayn. Love his solo work.

On 11/20/2017 at 8:38 PM, KalamazooJay said:

Tori Amos and Madonna are equals for me. Trailblazers in their respective genres who are BOTH under appreciated. They always seem to release the right album at the right time for whatever is going on in my life. Absolute clsss acts who give their all in everything they do. 

My 2nd would be Cher. Just a total package. Love everything about her. 

Same.  This was especially true with Rebel Heart and Native Invader, for me.  Also, Erotica and Choirgirl pretty much made me who I am today.

On 11/21/2017 at 6:58 PM, anastaza said:

Tori. :inlove:

97C4ABC2-F401-4313-A785-7B668B04618B.jpeg

Looooove this photo.  Which tour?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Looooove this photo.  Which tour?

Thank you!!  2007, ADP tour! That was taken in Lawrence, KS.  Saw her in MPLS, Lawrence, and Omaha that tour. :)

32 minutes ago, anastaza said:

Thank you!!  2007, ADP tour! That was taken in Lawrence, KS.  Saw her in MPLS, Lawrence, and Omaha that tour. :)

:inlove:

Lena Platonos,a greek composer/poet(and vocalist to a lot of her own work but certainly not all).She's a pioneer of electronica,worldwide

On 11/20/2017 at 6:44 PM, karbatal said:

Oh, about Eddi Reader, and sorry because I don't want to distorte this beautiful thread, but I recently saw her in an early video when she was the backsinger for Eurythmics and she performed for example in the song Sweet Dreams and poor Annie had her voice absolutely SWALLOWED by Eddi's :lmao:

Eddi said once in an interview that Annie Lennox HATED HER GUTS deeply, mainly because Eddi was always in the bar drunk instead of resting her voice, but I think it was Annie has never let anyone upstage her, hahahaha. 

Well, to be honest, in the video you posted, I think it has more to do with unbalanced microphone levels and sound mixing or something.... When you hear Eddi sing solo uhh ooohhs in the video, her voice is in no way stronger than solo Annie Lennox in the other live videos. Annie Lennox has an incredibly rich and powerful vocal, it always produces a kind of a "broad" sound, as opposed to a shrill piercing sound of most singers.

Edited by functions_X

9 hours ago, functions_X said:

Well, to be honest, in the video you posted, I think it has more to do with unbalanced microphone levels and sound mixing or something.... When you hear Eddi sing solo uhh ooohhs in the video, her voice is in no way stronger than solo Annie Lennox in the other live videos. Annie Lennox has an incredibly rich and powerful vocal, it always produces a kind of a "broad" sound, as opposed to a shrill piercing sound of most singers.

I love Annie but I don't agree. 

ScholarlyMildAvians-max-1mb.gif I liked her when I was growing up

On 21/11/2017 at 4:05 AM, IsaacHarris said:

Kelis

She's the only other artist whose forum I joined :lol:

She's so fucking underrated. Even her EDM album still sounds fresh and I HATE EDM. Home and Acapella are fucking bops

2 hours ago, Marco said:

She's so fucking underrated. Even her EDM album still sounds fresh and I HATE EDM. Home and Acapella are fucking bops

I'M OBSESSED   :inlove: 

She's the last person I NEED to see, live & in person!

20 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

I'M OBSESSED   :inlove: 

She's the last person I NEED to see, live & in person!

Love her mash-up of Milkshake and Holiday 

On 12/29/2017 at 7:08 PM, Marco said:

I used to (and still) blast her EDM album (I also HATE EDM) and my lesbian, grungy, rocker roommate would get so mad and say "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT AWFUL MUSIC" and I'd just say like "I have NO idea why, you know I don't like this type of music, but this album is SO GOOD!" :lol:

Just now, ULIZOS said:

I used to (and still) blast her EDM album (I also HATE EDM) and my lesbian, grungy, rocker roommate would get so mad and say "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT AWFUL MUSIC" and I'd just say like "I have NO idea why, you know I don't like this type of music, but this album is SO GOOD!" :lol:

That angry lesbian was probably trying to binge-watch Ellen or The L Word peacefully :lmao:

I hate most of the dance-pop/EDM efforts that have been released since the late 00's but Flesh Tones is IMMACULATE :inlove:

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

That angry lesbian was probably trying to binge-watch Ellen or The L Word peacefully :lmao:

I hate most of the dance-pop/EDM efforts that have been released since the late 00's but Flesh Tones is IMMACULATE :inlove:

I interrupted her tortilla making session (in Mexico you call them tortilla makers because of the hands and fingers and well, you get it) :lmao: