MadonnaNation.com Forums
acko

Miss Diana Ross

It takes her daughter 2 finally say what I've been screaming 4 years....

Fuck Streisand, Fuck Madonna (not really), Fuck Beyoncé & all the rest....
but here she is, the first female SUPERSTAR....EVER.

She's a goddamn Legend. In a world where Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil' Wayne, etc. are celebrated for features giving them X amount of "record breaking" Billboard Hot 100 entries, MISS DIANA ROSS achieved 18 #1's between 1964 and 1981, both solo and as lead vocalist of The Supremes. 18 #1's ties her with thirsty chanteuse Mariah Carey for most among females... a record Diana set 9 years before Mariah's debut. Yet, Billboard splits her total between her Supremes and solo releases (several of their hits only feature Diana on lead accompanied by session vocalists). It shouldn't but this drives me nuts.

Anyway. It was fantastic to see a real star on that stage, a real trailblazer. Diana Ross is amazing.

i never paid her no mind really....i liked a few of her songs....but lately i've been diggin her more

and i loved her performance the best. Legend! it totally eclipsed her drunk driving arrest years ago.

Why were there only 3 'famous' faces 2 get a close up during Miss Ross' moment? Is it the Kelly Clarkson Awards? Feat. Jamie Foxx?

I so much love her !!!!!

I Always get postive vibes from her!!!

An absolute superstar, icon and trail blazer. Her music both with the Supremes and solo is magnificent.  Fantastic singer, performer and star.  Deserves every bit of acclaim and praise possible. 

17 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

An absolute superstar, icon and trail blazer. Her music both with the Supremes and solo is magnificent.  Fantastic singer, performer and star.  Deserves every bit of acclaim and praise possible. 

Every single word and more! :dramatic:

Diana Ross sits alongside Madonna as my favourite artists EVER!. She is an icon and I absolutely ADORE her.  What a woman!

She looked gorgeous last night! Basically hasn't aged. She's 73 almost 74 f'king years old. That body!! :blink:Adore her too! She's very much upper tier (easily top 5) of my favs. Love her entire catalog. True definition of  hard working legend. Even if she's a demon diva in real life, she CLEARLY earned it lol. She's similar to Madonna. Maybe technically not the 'best voice' but it's genuine, soulful and very special. Take her songs in a second over Aretha and all the other over the top big voice divas. We all know Billboard is in the payola spam gutter now. Woudnt be surprised if its outsourced to bots now lol. So sad how (up until the last 10 years or so) was a highly respected quality magazine and charts. Ain't no way history will looks back at Drake, Taylor, Nicki etc etc...and think of them as more successful in ANY way than Diana, Madonna, Aretha etc...

While her daughter who I normally like, was a very clunky, rather bad host last night lol She and her other siblings all seem really cool, smart and grounded so obviously she was a great mother. Only WTH is her son Evan being married to Ashley Simpson! :sick:lol 

I’m ready for a new DR club anthem album. I’d see her on tour. She needs to get in a studio. 

Diana does look fantastic and actually earmed the ICONIC status after coming up in a time that was very hostile and discriminatory toward POC. I’m also glad she didn’t fuck up her life with substance abuse & still is able to perform. She rightfully outlasted many....

Diana is one of the greatest female stars of all time and I was happy to see her being honored last night. She deserves it. A true icon of music, fashion, cinema,etc. She's opened many doors especially for black women.

One of the last true great superstars around.

She still looks and sounds good.

Diana Ross is a legend. One of the very few female artists with a big voice who can sing without resorting to shouting or growling.

5 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

Queen 

Of

LIFE

AMEN!

Does anyone think her legacy is underrated because the Supremes catalog is more revered than her solo work (despite Diana being the sole singer on many of the Supremes hits)?

It seems the Supremes work overshadows her solo work at this point. 

i'm totally into upside down....loving the love for her guys!

Her superbowl was marvelous !!!

Ony of my favs,

back in the 90s, she was in Istanbul during her tour. This show was later broadcasted and I was watching it.

I enjoyed it very much, since then I am following her and listen to her music.

And her acting....Lady Sings The Blues, Out Of Darkness

love many of her songs...but especially 80s where she didn’t get the respect after leaving Motown....

Muscles, Swept Away, Dirty Looks, Pieces Of Ice, Missing You, Touch By Touch, Why Do Fools Fall In Love, All Of You, & Mirror, Mirror (my favorite)

6 minutes ago, acko said:

:lol:@IsaacHarris so when r we doing this?

As soon as I find those boots! I already got the choreo down & the little red shorts :fag:

For the encore, we’ll perform Upside Down 

tumblr_o69f9bVnQE1sgy24uo5_r1_250.gif

3 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

As soon as I find those boots! I already got the choreo down & the little red shorts :fag:

For the encore, we’ll perform Upside Down 

tumblr_o69f9bVnQE1sgy24uo5_r1_250.gif

I actually do that move

plus this...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor diana ross gif disco

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

One of the greatest to EVER do it. 

The blueprint.

Long live Ms. Ross.

Her discography is a bumpy road, but she's truly fabulous. "Love Hangover" is in my all-time Top 20 for sure.