MadonnaNation.com Forums
Bat-Fan

Vogue from the tours ranked

On December 7, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Kurt420 said:

To me, visually and costume wise the MDNA version is what the BA version could've been. It captures the essence and attitude of the song the best out of all of them. It's grand just like the song itself.

Sticky version is just like a burst of energy, the reinvention of the song brings it new life! Also love the choreography on this one. 

Vogue being the opening number on ANY Madonna tour has to rank somewhat high for me. I have to say in a lot of ways, especially sound wise, the RIT version is very "Madonna lite" to me. Like a lot of things she did around this time, she just seemed to be holding back, a certain "oomph" was missing from the performance. The fact that it's an opening number and that I kinda sorta consider BW to be a part of this performance and those yoga poses :shock: + crab walk boost it above a couple of the others for me.

Even as a kid, I thought something was so tame about the BA version of this song. Like someone else said, it's almost like a rehearsal. I've always pictured the cone bra, an extravagant stage set up and heavy dancing. I do think the BA version delivered best as far as choreography of all the live versions (S&S being verrrrrry close) but despite being the "original" performance, it was never one that I revisited outside of watching TOD in full or BA in full. The VMA's is the quintessential version of Vogue from it's "original" time period for me.

To me she gives the best vocal of this song with her Girlie Show performance. Like the whole Middle Eastern vibe with the arrangement. I do like the choreography with this one too. 

Completely agree about the BA performance.  Yes, it has the original choreography but there's no WOW factor to it like there is MDNA, or even RIT.  The costumes from BA "Vogue" aren't show stopping at all.  

On 24/11/2017 at 1:26 PM, Flip The Switch said:

33F1F47B-22C4-4A8E-9DEC-3F0D13E384D3.jpeg

That S&S pic is not from Vogue tho...

On 7/12/2017 at 7:22 AM, Kurt420 said:

To me she gives the best vocal of this song with her Girlie Show performance

Hmm

On 12/6/2017 at 10:22 PM, Kurt420 said:

The VMA's is the quintessential version of Vogue from it's "original" time period for me.

THIS.

That performance alone is just a work of art. Dare I say, I put it ahead of all tour performances.

S&S, this was truly a re-invention on another level, the mash up is BRILLIANT.
The choreo is fresh & physical, I had hoped 4 this 2 have been her Superbowl performance
BAT, has the Iconic choreography
GS, Very Classy, would prolly rank higher had its recording been more dynamic...it needed 2 B captured with more/different angles
RIT, brilliant opening, not so hot arrangement & a bit 2 cold 4 my taste.
MDNA, it just came & went during the show, not a MDNA-highlight at all...looks way better on video.