MadonnaNation.com Forums
horn

Go on Miss Janet (give us another Jancelled Tour)

1 hour ago, LSD said:

But didn't she criticize M for showing her tit to a non-televised audience who paid to see it?

There seems to be a lot of revisionist history going on today re: Janet on twitter lol. She has a few good songs but she's hardly the brave sexual icon who fought for LGBT rights / against HIV/AIDS stigma the way some people are suggesting. That would be Madonna. (at the beginning of the decade when it was controversial not the millennium). 

Jancel's public image now is that of a victim in need of defending, people want to come to her rescue (and nobody will ever see Madonna in such a manner, for obvious reasons).

she should go and just jump on stage and fuck shit up.

2 hours ago, mynameisdita said:

There seems to be a lot of revisionist history going on today re: Janet on twitter lol. She has a few good songs but she's hardly the brave sexual icon who fought for LGBT rights / against HIV/AIDS stigma the way some people are suggesting. That would be Madonna. (at the beginning of the decade when it was controversial not the millennium). 

She definitely supported these issues (and others), but she wasn't as outspoken or active as some others. 

49 minutes ago, vocalism said:

She definitely supported these issues (and others), but she wasn't as outspoken or active as some others. 

yah! A lot of articles / accounts on twitter were talking about it like she broke these boundaries / was the first person to speak out / paved the way, when that would be M lol.

Irrelevant for over a decade :queenbitch:

4 hours ago, mynameisdita said:

Exactly, she demanded Tupac to take an HIV Test before kissing him, early 90's...such ignorance...

5 hours ago, LSD said:

Jancel's public image now is that of a victim in need of defending, people want to come to her rescue (and nobody will ever see Madonna in such a manner, for obvious reasons).

I don't get it. Janet decided and planned to flash her breast at Super Bowl and then pretended it was a wardrobe malfunction.  Nothing brave, empowering or revolutionary about that.  In this circumstance, she was not a victim. 

6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I don't get it. Janet decided and planned to flash her breast at Super Bowl and then pretended it was a wardrobe malfunction.  Nothing brave, empowering or revolutionary about that.  In this circumstance, she was not a victim. 

Yes, but she's been playing the victim ever since. And no, I'm not a Janet's haters. I consider Control, RN and Velvet Rope to be excellent albums that have influenced a whole generation of R & B singers. No, I only have against Janet's disempowerment of the SB incident. her refusal to acknowledge that her lack of renewal and the fact that she is lazy are the main culprits for the eradication of her career. Like her brother, she lives in a world of illusions and lies and is unable to do her self-examination. In the current cultural context, playing the victim for years allows you to rewrite history and transform someone into an example of courage.

It is this social climate that explains the gradual erasure of Madonna's real cultural impact. Her refusal to play the victim, her refusal to ask for forgiveness publicly for her past, her refusal to do what is expected of her. It does not correspond to the edification of an iconic cultural figure in 2018. I hope that the era of victimization ends before irreparable damage is done to Madonna's cultural heritage. 

29 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Yes, but she's been playing the victim ever since. And no, I'm not a Janet's haters. I consider Control, RM and Velvet Rope to be excellent albums that have influenced a whole generation of R & B singers. No, I only have against Janet's disempowerment of the SB incident. her refusal to acknowledge that her lack of renewal and the fact that she is lazy are the main culprits for the eradication of her career. Like her brother, she lives in a world of illusions and lies and is unable to do her self-examination. In the current cultural context, playing the victim for years allows you to rewrite history and transform someone into an example of courage. It is this social climate that explains the gradual erasure of Madonna's real cultural impact. Her refusal to play the victim, her refusal to ask for forgiveness publicly for her past, her refusal to do what is expected of her. It does not correspond to the edification of an iconic cultural figure in 2018. I hope that the era of victimization ends before irreparable damage is done to Madonna's cultural heritage. 

I know.  The victim playing is so frustrating for many reasons.  Mainly that the stars getting attention for being "victims"  are not even victims at all.   Madonna actually has had more tragedies and struggles in her life plus media contempt over nothing shown to her than all of the girls getting attention for being victims combined.  I love that she does not wallow or seek attention but powers on through adversary but this new climate of celebrating false victims is exhausting.  Especially when someone like Janet who was the architect of her own publicity stunt at the Superbowl is now considered a victim for it.  I also don't get why everyone blames Justin Timberlake.  Sorry to be crude but he did not whip his penis out.  Janet wanted the attention and publicity for flashing her breast and even had that stupid nipple ring on.  She should have shrugged it off instead of lying and pretending she was so hard done by.  

She'll have my sympathy when she stops lying about the supertity.

People Are Peeved That Justin Timberlake Sang Right Up To The Lyric Where He Ripped Off Janet Jackson's Top And Then Gave A Knowing Smile

On Sunday, Timberlake sang right up to the lyric that coincided with Nipplegate, then yelled "Stop" and gave a knowing smile.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/justin-timberlake-sang-rock-your-body-right-up-to-the-lyric?utm_term=.eeKxKAndWP#.mg5nxyVWR3

:provoke:

19 hours ago, Gus said:

Exactly, she demanded Tupac to take an HIV Test before kissing him, early 90's...such ignorance...

meanwhile madonna stayed with and supported her dying friends in the hospital in the mid 80s...

24 minutes ago, mynameisdita said:

meanwhile madonna stayed with and supported her dying friends in the hospital in the mid 80s...

Her friendship and compassion for her friends is beautiful and something to be forever admired. 

2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Go on Miss Janet 

It's Miss Jackson if you are nasty !  :lol:

Image result for nasty janet jackson gifs 

14 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Yes, but she's been playing the victim ever since. And no, I'm not a Janet's haters. I consider Control, RN and Velvet Rope to be excellent albums that have influenced a whole generation of R & B singers. No, I only have against Janet's disempowerment of the SB incident. her refusal to acknowledge that her lack of renewal and the fact that she is lazy are the main culprits for the eradication of her career. Like her brother, she lives in a world of illusions and lies and is unable to do her self-examination. In the current cultural context, playing the victim for years allows you to rewrite history and transform someone into an example of courage.

It is this social climate that explains the gradual erasure of Madonna's real cultural impact. Her refusal to play the victim, her refusal to ask for forgiveness publicly for her past, her refusal to do what is expected of her. It does not correspond to the edification of an iconic cultural figure in 2018. I hope that the era of victimization ends before irreparable damage is done to Madonna's cultural heritage. 

I don't think it's clear (at least to me) that revealing her breast was completely intentional, but either way, I agree that she was too apologetic. And I agree that her lack of reinvention (renewal, as you put it) is partly responsible for her decline. The fact is that part of the reason I like(d) her is that, unlike her brother, she DID evolve as an artist between Control and All for You. Lyrically, visually, and musically, she changed from album to album. When that stopped, so did her career.

For those who don't believe Janet knew her titty was about to be exposed to millions, I have a 16-inch golden dick that shoots Hennesy.  

47 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

For those who don't believe Janet knew her titty was about to be exposed to millions, I have a 16-inch golden dick that shoots Hennesy.  

:dead::dead::dead:

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It's Miss Jackson if you are nasty !  :lol:

Image result for nasty janet jackson gifs 

It's Jancel if you're honest.  

10 hours ago, Mozo1 said:

I know, right. I can't believe some people still think it wasn't planned... :banghead:

5 hours ago, nightcutter said:

It's Jancel if you're honest.  

Yes ! 

When she Jancelled her last concert,  I toyed with the idea of briefly changing my user name to Jazzy Jancel  but did not like the thought of having to keep the name for so many months !  

12 hours ago, Mozo1 said:

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Mozo1 said:

I'm not saying SOMETHING wasn't supposed to happen. I'm just not convinced anyone here really knows what the intention was. If it did happen as planned, it was bizarre. Why one tit and not the other? Why the lacy bra? Why the nipple ring? And why did JT agree to it? Who in their right mind thought it wouldn't be a negative scandal? As I said, whether it was planned that way or not, the problem for me was the response. If it was planned, stand by it. If it wasn't, tell people to grow up and get over it because accidents happen and there's nothing shameful about a woman's breast. Instead she played the victim like her brother always did.