MadonnaNation.com Forums
Iconic Fetus

Madonna's new album - "Showgirl For Hire" to be released in September 2018

Guest cailohfornia
6 minutes ago, Bretticus said:

Did you all know she will be 60?

Lol I have always been aware of Madonna's age over the years since I started being obsessed with her in 2003. The big 60 though! It will be a great year and era for her 🙏🏼

Edited by cailohfornia

16 minutes ago, cailohfornia said:

Lol I have always been aware of Madonna's age over the years since I started being obsessed with her in 2003. The big 60 though! It will be a great year and era for her 🙏🏼

I'm excited for it too-i feel it will have a totally new vibe!

Guest cailohfornia
4 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

I'm excited for it too-i feel it will have a totally new vibe!

Yup! That's it "new vibe." Like I said on another post I feel and I hope she would be giving us  some type of a hybrid of Latin Jazz/Portuguese/Latin Pop sound! Imagine that? On one of her posts recently I believe she was jamming or listening to some Jobim which is great because that means Madonna could be inspired by Bossa Nova and other jazzy-latin sounds! Yay! 

1 hour ago, Bretticus said:

Did you all know she will be 60?

Yes, though age is just a number for this amazing woman. I find her more appealing than ever.

Guest cailohfornia

Omg 60 as the album name would be pretty cool though!

Over the years I've always had this fantasy album that Madonna should do. I just thought it would be cool if she did a concept album based on Mary Magdalene and called the album "Magdalene" or something to that vein. Like she would have an alter ego again like Dita Parlo and it would be centered around Mary Magdalene. I know it sounds repetetive since again it's Catholic imagery etc but it's just a wild fantasy dream album of mine since I am forever fascinated and aroused by Catholic iconography and Catholicism in general even though I'm a lapsed Catholic myself lol 

Edited by cailohfornia

2 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

(Hi guys I'm Carlo by the way, new here and so excited to be part of the Madonna family here on Madonna Nation! 😊)

Welcome!!

Guest cailohfornia
4 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

Welcome!!

Thank you so much! I don't know why I haven't joined much sooner... I've been a stan for about 16 years now lol

Anyway, I'm really hoping Madonna would do a latin jazz/latin pop/bossa nova inspired album, that would be so damn cool! Can't wait for the new era y'all!

38 minutes ago, Starman said:

Madonna

Sweet Sixty

Sticky and Sixty

Pretty sure the album is going to be called Loved and it will feature some bosa nova inspired songs. Highly doubt Madonna will go full on jazz. There will be upbeat, beautiful songs as well with lyrics people can relate to. I'm very excited about this album because this is a totally new and fresh start for Madonna! There is no more post divorce, post breakup drama. She's happy where she is in life right now and she's ready to share some of that light with the world. Excited!! :inlove: 

Edited by Katypatra

Talking about the songs on her next album, Madonna says that we can expect political criticism.

Political criticism will be part of her next album, but Madonna specifies that she won’t necessarily talk about Donald Trump. “I already expressed my point of view on him,” says Madonna to Brazilian magazine Veja. Also because she doesn’t “know who will be the President when my album comes out.”

Her new songs will also be a political critic, but “not particularly about a person”.

“World leaders are sinking society into insensitive and conservative thoughts,” adds Madonna. “With the economy collapsing, people think that it is better to elect successful entrepreneurs to run a government. But that’s not how things work. Being the leader of a nation requires diplomacy, experience, and intellectual ability. It’s a colossal job, but more and more unqualified people are elected for that role.”

“On my songs I want to talk about how we got to this point,” Madonna says. “We can not continue to blame our leaders, we have to blame ourselves. We need to get involved and ask for the changes that we want.”

Veja: After thirty years of career, aren’t you tired of rebellion?

“No, no, no. I’m not tired. I feel even more energetic. Stronger to fight for what I believe. I’m a rebel and I’ll be rebellious till the end.”

Madonna adds that the cultural and musical scene in Portugal will be a big inspiration.

Talking about American Life album, Madonna says that “society does not feel comfortable with a woman, especially a pop singer, talking about politics.”

When American Life came out, “people were especially irritated because I criticized the United States – the lifestyle, the American dream, the belief system, government, politics,” adds Madonna. “Americans do not want to hear criticism. They want to think that they live in a country where there is justice and equality, an example of democracy and freedom. We know that none of this is true, especially today.”

10 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

Thank you so much! I don't know why I haven't joined much sooner... I've been a stan for about 16 years now lol

Anyway, I'm really hoping Madonna would do a latin jazz/latin pop/bossa nova inspired album, that would be so damn cool! Can't wait for the new era y'all!

I'm also new here, although I've been reading this forum for years also haha :) 

Guest cailohfornia
15 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Talking about the songs on her next album, Madonna says that we can expect political criticism.

Political criticism will be part of her next album, but Madonna specifies that she won’t necessarily talk about Donald Trump. “I already expressed my point of view on him,” says Madonna to Brazilian magazine Veja. Also because she doesn’t “know who will be the President when my album comes out.”

Her new songs will also be a political critic, but “not particularly about a person”.

“World leaders are sinking society into insensitive and conservative thoughts,” adds Madonna. “With the economy collapsing, people think that it is better to elect successful entrepreneurs to run a government. But that’s not how things work. Being the leader of a nation requires diplomacy, experience, and intellectual ability. It’s a colossal job, but more and more unqualified people are elected for that role.”

“On my songs I want to talk about how we got to this point,” Madonna says. “We can not continue to blame our leaders, we have to blame ourselves. We need to get involved and ask for the changes that we want.”

“No, no, no. I’m not tired. I feel even more energetic. Stronger to fight for what I believe. I’m a rebel and I’ll be rebellious till the end.”

Madonna adds that the cultural and musical scene in Portugal will be a big inspiration.

Talking about American Life album, Madonna says that “society does not feel comfortable with a woman, especially a pop singer, talking about politics.”

When American Life came out, “people were especially irritated because I criticized the United States – the lifestyle, the American dream, the belief system, government, politics,” adds Madonna. “Americans do not want to hear criticism. They want to think that they live in a country where there is justice and equality, an example of democracy and freedom. We know that none of this is true, especially today.”

This! All of THIS!

Who wouldn't be excited for another social & political commentary from Madonna in an album? If she does this, I do hope she includes a full studio recording of "If I Had A Hammer" 🙌🏼

Guest cailohfornia
2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Pretty sure the album is going to be called Loved and it will feature some bosa nova inspired songs. Highly doubt Madonna will go full on jazz. There will be upbeat, beautiful songs as well with lyrics people can relate to. I'm very excited about this album because this is a totally new and fresh start for Madonna! There is no more post divorce, post breakup drama. She's happy where she is in life right now and she's ready to share some of that light with the world. Excited!! :inlove: 

Yes yes yes my thoughts exactly! I'm ready for #BossaMadonna 🙏🏼

She’s going full vendetta inspired, I love also how she says things as they are, also she knows how the AL album tackling the USA, imagine if she goes with it against the world leaders? 

I think that she will deliver or do something like ‘The Wall’ From Pink Floyd or MJ’s ‘Earth song’ or his world peace songs, and I think that we shouldn’t be expecting a full pop album, this more intimate POV goes in synch with her idea of residency.

27 minutes ago, Nikki said:

OMFG!!! 

Viva la revolucion!!!

I only hope that she mean that she doesn’t “know who will be the President when my album comes out.” In an impeachment kind of way and not about real timeline...  :wink:

Guest cailohfornia

Are we finally getting an album in which she sings several songs in English AND several songs in Portuguese and Spanish?

Wow eso sería increíble because Madonna truly has given us some amazing songs in full Spanish before and plus her consistent fascination with Latin culture. Now maybe this time it would be fused with Portuguese/Brazilian elements as well!

Que viva la Reina de la música pop!

Edited by cailohfornia

4 minutes ago, cailohfornia said:

Are we finally getting an album in which she sings several songs in English AND several songs in Portuguese and Spanish?

Wow eso sería increíble because Madonna truly has given us some amazing songs in full Spanish before and plus her consistent fascination in Latin influences. Now maybe this time it would be fused with Portuguese/Brazilian elements as well!

Que viva la Reina de la música pop!

Would be cool to have same album sung both in English and Portuguese. 

Guest cailohfornia
1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

Would be cool to have same album sung both in English and Portuguese. 

Yup it would be a breath of fresh air. I know she can do it since she seems to know French and know some Spanish too... and Portuguese to me sounds just like a hybrid of those two languages. I truly think she would be able to.

I can already imagine the return of M's lower register on a mid tempo acoustic guitar-driven bossa nova beat singing about loving life and being loved at 60. The sound of Antonio Carlos Jobim.

33 minutes ago, Pedro said:

OMFG!!! 

Viva la revolucion!!!

I only hope that she mean that she doesn’t “know who will be the President when my album comes out.” In an impeachment kind of way and not about real timeline...  :wink:

I hope we won't get the album within 3 years... an impeachment would be great ..lol

I hope it's:

Cohesive body of work

2 (no more than 3 producers + herself)

10-12 songs

no deluxe....just straight up 1 complete version like in the old days

1 minute ago, Aries said:

I hope it's:

Cohesive body of work

2 (no more than 3 producers + herself)

10-12 songs

no deluxe....just straight up 1 complete version like in the old days

And 4 decent videos!

33 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

And 4 decent videos!

yes....bring back the 4-5 singles!!

It would really be nice if she did a story album and a musical film for the videos

like a smaller scale Evita for the album!

I’m here for the visual album idea, more something more like what B did Lemonade, a full movie with a story not crazy videos like B did with Beyoncé or Fergie with DD.

And yes hopefully she’s taking about impeachment, because there’s no way we could wait until 2020 for new music.

she can write/direct the political visual album herself