MadonnaNation.com Forums
Iconic Fetus

Madonna new album in 2018

So this is what we have, and I think that after releasing RHT and the confirmations that she’s working on new ideas, it’s that time again to have an official thread to discuss all the rumors and confirmations of it.

///////////////////////////////////

Confirmation of new music by herself on Sep 2, 2017

/////////////////////////////////////////

Interview with EW on Sep 18, 2017:

As you brainstorm a new kind of show, are you also thinking about recording new music and what’s next on that front?
Yes, I’m doing it all!

Can you share anything about what direction you want to go in?
No! [Laughs] I don’t want to give it away! I’m traveling the world right now and listening to lots of different music. I’m getting inspired by people and I’m just soaking things up right now. I feel like I’ve pushed the whole big-production arena tour to the max and done it the best that I could for such a long time. It’s time for me to take a different approach and really get back down to the beauty and simplicity of music and lyrics and intimacy.

You worked with some notable fresh talent on Rebel Heart, like rising hitmaker MNEK and a pre-Coloring Book Chance the Rapper. Who has your ear right now?
Well, as you know I moved to Lisbon, and I’ve been listening to a lot of music here, like fado, which is the music of Portugal. There’s such a cultural mix of people and music here. You could go out every night and hear different kinds of music. There’s a great jazz scene here. So right now I’m listening to a lot of local artists I’ve never heard of before, and that’s been really inspiring.

http://ew.com/music/2017/09/18/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-trump-politics/amp/

///////////////////////////////////

Interview for Le Parisien on Sep 19, 2017

Are you preparing the next one?
I work, I meet musicians, I discuss my ideas with producers. I am at the very beginning of the process.

http://m.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/musique/madonna-je-n-oublierai-jamais-ma-nuit-a-republique-19-09-2017-7270443.php

Yes, bitch! Ditch that movie! Give us some MUSIC  :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

I am so excited for this new era. Rebel Heart reignited my passion for the Queen and now I'm ready for more  :wow:

I'm dying with excitement right now!

I don't think she ditched the movie. Maybe she changed the order. First new album than new movie.

At least I hope so :angel:

I think she will tour after the album to complete her LN contract so I think the film will come first but I doubt the production will be as big as WE.

I can't see Madonna dedicating the same amount of time to the new film as WE.....but it could be a huge project.

42 minutes ago, Jim34 said:

I don't think she ditched the movie. Maybe she changed the order. First new album than new movie.

At least I hope so :angel:

Ditch it! New album 2018. Another new album 2020. AND ANOTHER new album 2022. :wow:

3 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

discussing music ideas with my producers

so she obviously had choose producers 

I thought she'd mentioned the film LOVED (?) recently as well as me music.

Can't wait but it will be another year at least. And she tends to launch in spring so early 2019?

14 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Can't wait but it will be another year at least. And she tends to launch in spring so early 2019?

I wish she would drop in the 4th quarter it's so much better for sales over the 1st quarte of the year but I guess it's all about timing.

I can't see anything until 2019.

I wish she would do a big Latin single..

Its been awhile since LIB and WTG and Evita and Latin people LOVE her..

15 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

I wish she would do a big Latin single..

Its been awhile since LIB and WTG and Evita and Latin people LOVE her..

Why did you forget Spanish Lesson? For Madonna it was HC's second single, after Candy Shop!

1xc8yw.gif

She even performed in some Rebel Heart Tour shows!

Best Madonna's second single ever! :headbang:

42 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

She mentioned on Sep 2 that she will be working on her new film and music, but she mentioned since December 2014 that she had the script ready so who knows what is the timeline of it or maybe she’s looking for investors or a studio to buy her movie.

For the album if she starts recording on this year we might could have the album ready for late 2018. As now it looks like it’s more easy for her to record the album while staying in Lisbon than shooting the movie because of David/Benfica and the little twins.

Dying :drama:

"My producers"  Whom do you think she is referring? Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, Rock said:

Why did you forget Spanish Lesson? For Madonna it was HC's second single, after Candy Shop!

1xc8yw.gif

She even performed in some Rebel Heart Tour shows!

Best Madonna's second single ever! :headbang:

She did it too in Colombia during MDNA Tour lol I was there 

MNation's reaction when her next lead single hits #1:

And MNation's reaction to getting tickets for her next tour:

It sounds like the wishes for a more "organic" album may come to fruition. If she stays true to form, we'll know by Fall 2018.

10 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Are you working on the next album?

I’m working on it, I’m looking out for musicians and discussing music ideas with my producers, I’m on the beginning of the process.

http://m.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/musique/madonna-je-n-oublierai-jamais-ma-nuit-a-republique-19-09-2017-7270443.php

Anyone who speaks French here can help translate this answer?  I

1 hour ago, loowee said:

I checked the translation in Spanish and then also in English and the most closer I got is this:

Are you preparing the next one (Album)?
I work, I meet musicians, I discuss my ideas with producers. I am at the very beginning of the process.

Which while is not the same answer as the first reported, the context is similar, but a French user could validate it for us.

From all her quotes it sounds like she is currently gathering ideas for the next album, lyrically & musically so I'd say she may be back in the studio with actual writers/producers soon (later this year or early next?), anyway all sounds very exciting, I feel this album will be very different to anything we've had over the last 10 years!:inlove:

I feel it's going to be a real somber album....

the death of her friends/comrades Prince, George Michael, David Bowie

3 hours ago, loowee said:

I am a French translator.

Vous préparez le suivant ?
Je travaille, je rencontre des musiciens, je discute de mes idées avec des producteurs. Je suis au tout début du processus.

You're working on the next one?

I'm working, I'm meeting musicians, I'm discussing my ideas with producers. I'm at the very beginning of the process.

Very good news!!

She doesn't talk with HER producers, she just talks to "producers" in general.

it's so refreshing to hear that she's being inspired by her travelling, different countries, different types of music.... this is very exciting! stay away from rappers and djs this time Mo

14 minutes ago, Alain Delon said:

I am a French translator.

Vous préparez le suivant ?
Je travaille, je rencontre des musiciens, je discute de mes idées avec des producteurs. Je suis au tout début du processus.

You're working on the next one?

I'm working, I'm meeting musicians, I'm discussing my ideas with producers. I'm at the very beginning of the process.

Very good news!!

Thanks! So it looks the album making process has officially begun.