MadonnaNation.com Forums
dubtronic

Bjork thread

Has this leaked yet??? I’m dying here.

I can only listen to Sia’s Christmas album so many times. Not the biggest fan of Christmas songs :lol: 

Just read it already leaked. Does anyone have it that can share it with me? :(

Edit-Got it!

On 11/16/2017 at 4:27 AM, karbatal said:

wow, Blissing Me is simply STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL. Reminds me so much to Vespertine, my all time fav album of hers.

I feel the exact same way. These two singles so far (and that first video to The Gate) are absolutely stunning. Very Vespertine (also my favorite album). Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I feel the exact same way. These two singles so far (and that first video to The Gate) are absolutely stunning. Very Vespertine (also my favorite album). Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

As weird as the gate is, with the whole album, it’s a real grower and the rest of the album is really great. Get ready for arisen my senses, loss, body memory, features creatures...idk I love them all but it takes a while to digest bjork so that’s what’s standing out at the moment 

Thank fuck for that! 

249FD9C5-4899-4CA7-887D-2FE7CED4DBEA.png

Body Memory is my fave song on the album

1 hour ago, Vogue992 said:

Body Memory is my fave song on the album

Mine are Arisen, Body Memory, Loss and Features Creatures!!!! Brilliant!!! ❤️❤️❤️😍🔥

2 hours ago, Mensch said:

Mine are Arisen, Body Memory, Loss and Features Creatures!!!! Brilliant!!! ❤️❤️❤️😍🔥

YES!!

Arisen is a grower to me, while Loss is AMAZING.

I think it's a great album.

On 2017-11-21 at 7:18 AM, Mensch said:

Thank fuck for that! 

249FD9C5-4899-4CA7-887D-2FE7CED4DBEA.png

intestinal fortitude :lmao:

16 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

intestinal fortitude :lmao:

Huh?

Huh?

I was merely quoting the text you posted (in black background).

On 11/21/2017 at 3:37 PM, Vogue992 said:

YES!!

Arisen is a grower to me, while Loss is AMAZING.

I think it's a great album.

Now with the lyrics, every song is a game changer and will require complete new analysis although Arisen is beyond remarkable and I don’t understand why she would crucify the rest of the album having it as an opener. 

Now with the lyrics, every song is a game changer and will require complete new analysis although Arisen is beyond remarkable and I don’t understand why she would crucify the rest of the album having it as an opener. 

She could have deleted the first two singles without ruining the album. 

another great addition to her remarkable discography. Negative critics who have been rambling for 15 years that they want a return to the pop and melodic dimension of her 90s songs should simply stop listening to her new albums because it will not happen. Björk traces her own path of musical exploration.

My initial reaction is that I’m not so much into the other Utopia tracks....

Will continue listening to it to see how it grows on me. I didn’t like Vespertine for a while either & it eventually grew a lot on me. Very much appreciate it now...

Loss is everything to me. The album is really well done. Must listen to it many more times before I can pass judgment, but let's just say that it is no Medulla or Biophilia. 

5 hours ago, erotica blu said:

She could have deleted the first two singles without ruining the album. 

The first two singles are beautiful especially when you listen to it as a whole. 

4 minutes ago, Mensch said:

The first two singles are beautiful especially when you listen to it as a whole. 

Listen to one then skip to four and everything else flows nicely to me. 

1 hour ago, erotica blu said:

Listen to one then skip to four and everything else flows nicely to me. 

Ugh I can’t skip them! Not yet anyway.

On 11/24/2017 at 6:24 PM, Mensch said:

THIS.

In the context of the whole album, it all makes sense.  This album has the best overall tracklist 'flow' she's had in a good while. This album is really a listening experience.

I can’t wait for this! 

The visuals are really coming together with the album sonically! I hope they release a video for Arisen My Senses but I have a feeling she’ll do one for Body Memory instead! 

Im really hoping for one for Losss too! It’s probably my favorite song on the album! 

Im really hoping for one for Losss too! It’s probably my favorite song on the album! 

YES and YES

I have to say, many of the songs are real growers that take time...the album is more personal than I had imagined and not as “light” as she expressed. The use of flutes and airy sounds may be light but there’s darkness all over the album from the scattered percussion’s to the vocalisations that end songs etc...

i tend to work very earlyv(before sunrise) and very late (early morning hours) and I find listening to it when most people are asleep and I’m commuting alone in a very dark, quiet NYC is my favorite. Even today walking midday, arisen my senses, sue me, utopia, Features Creatures, Saint and future forever sounded beautiful. 

It's really a fantastic album that creates a dense, rich and complex atmosphere. I visited Iceland last year and it seems to me that I now have an additional key to understand her work. The great influence of nature in her work is so rooted in this fascinating country with unique geology and geography. No place is like Iceland, no one is like BjörkI love the constant creativity and the refusal of compromise of this woman for more than 25 years. She never dissapointed me. 

15 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

It's really a fantastic album that creates a dense, rich and complex atmosphere. I visited Iceland last year and it seems to me that I now have an additional key to understand her work. The great influence of nature in her work is so rooted in this fascinating country with unique geology and geography. No place is like Iceland, no one is like BjörkI love the constant creativity and the refusal of compromise of this woman for more than 25 years. She never dissapointed me. 

Agreed. I’ve never been to Iceland but it is such a huge piece of Bjork’s narrative as a musician/artist ...I love the lyrics in Body Memory where she proclaims ...

I wasn't born urban
Toxic doesn't agree with me
Love lured me there into a stagnant state
My myths my customs ridiculed
Vacuum packed molecules
Then my body memory kicks in
On this Brooklyn dance floor
Sweating with these rhythms
Rotate this matrix

She’s saying so much in those lyrics about her move to Brooklyn for Matthew Barney and her DJ sets andher letting go during them (I went to 3 of them) ...it’s just a very personal album with very personal lyrics and I love the musical-love lyricism in blissing me and arisen my senses...clearly towards arca but I relate to it very much. 

Are there any more pop-ish songs on this album?  The ones I've heard so far remind of the ones I do not like on Vespertine/Vulnicura. 

I am quite fortunate I listned to Stonemilker first (on Vulnicura),  or I probably would not have worked my way through her back catalogue.  I had heard about her album being hacked the same time as Rebel Heart, and I always remember seeing her albums getting excellent reviews, so I gave her a shot.

5 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Are there any more pop-ish songs on this album?  The ones I've heard so far remind of the ones I do not like on Vespertine/Vulnicura. 

I am quite fortunate I listned to Stonemilker first (on Vulnicura),  or I probably would not have worked my way through her back catalogue.  I had heard about her album being hacked the same time as Rebel Heart, and I always remember seeing her albums getting excellent reviews, so I gave her a shot.

No pop-ish songs on Utopia. Blissing Me is probably the most accessible song here.

Edited by DagIN

8 hours ago, DagIN said:

No pop-ish songs on Utopia. Blissing Me is probably the most accessible song here.

Yeah the pop songs stopped somewhere after Medúlla/Vespertine/Volta