MadonnaNation.com Forums
Ugly Hecty

Dear Jessie Vs Little Star Vs Intervention Vs Superstar

Which is your favorite Madonna lullaby, so to speak?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. My favourite ode of cuteness is....

• Dear Jessie (Patrick Leonard's daughter)
    • Little Star (Lourdes)
    • Intervention (Rocco)
    • Superstar (Lola again)

17 hours ago, material_boy said:

"Intervention," hands down. One of the best of her career, honestly. Criminally underrated and a standout track on that album -- rank stupidity that it wasn't rush released to radio after "AL" flopped.

Intervention

Little star

DJ

Superstar

19 hours ago, material_boy said:

"Intervention," hands down. One of the best of her career, honestly. Criminally underrated and a standout track on that album -- rank stupidity that it wasn't rush released to radio after "AL" flopped.

This! This! This!

Very close first between Dear Jessie & Intervention....but went with DJ.  Then Little Star and lastly Superstar.

Little Star it's just so sweet.

1. Intervention - Great

2. Dear Jessie - Good

3. Little Star - Okay

4. Superstar - Absolute shite

20 hours ago, Kim said:

1. Intervention - Great

2. Dear Jessie - Good

3. Little Star - Okay

4. Superstar - Absolute shite

+1

Intervention

Dear Jessie

Little Star

Superstar

I appreciate Dear Jessie, but I just personally have never been able to “get into it” 

Intervention is one of those songs I can’t listen to regularly. It’s just too heavy. Kind of like Oh Father. Gorgeous pieces of music, but certainly not feel good singalongs. 

Supetstar is easily one of the worst things she’s ever done. Ever. 

And then there’s Little Star. God I love this song. The lush production is so soothing and warm. Her vocals are soft and sweet. And I find the lyrics so sincere. I find it shocking when people say they’d cut this from the album. I’ve always thought it was the perfect lead in to Mer-Girl. 

For me it's Little Star. I like Dear Jessie a lot & that would have been my first choice but because of what each song is about I settled on the former. I hardly ever listen to Intervention & I don't listen to Superstar either but it gets bonus points for the backing vocals.

Intervention all the way! Although I like Little Star too. It's such a sweet song and the love exudes through

DJ. Rosies fav. M song! =D 

17 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

And then there’s Little Star. God I love this song. The lush production is so soothing and warm. Her vocals are soft and sweet. And I find the lyrics so sincere. I find it shocking when people say they’d cut this from the album. I’ve always thought it was the perfect lead in to Mer-Girl. 

It's interesting how the album tracking of these songs kind of parallel one another - Dear Jessie into Oh Father...and Little Star into Mer Girl.
Songs about/dedicated to children/childhood/innocence (and to a part of herself, perhaps), that then lead right into songs about the tragedy and complexity of parents/disappointment/death.

I love Intervention but Superstar is my all time favorite Madonna song :inlove: so underrated! Shouldve been worldwide #1

On 11/20/2017 at 6:39 AM, 5iVe Elements said:

I love Intervention but Superstar is my all time favorite Madonna song :inlove: so underrated! Shouldve been worldwide #1

Superstar remix that was released limited edition in Brazil is extremely catchy as well....