MadonnaNation.com Forums
Aries

Totally miss the R&B groups of the 80s!!

15 hours ago, Aries said:

I loved when Chic got back together (before Bernard’s death) to release Chic-ism, but that was the 90s

I like a few tracks off Chic-ism, but it's not the CHIC I knew as a teen. Neither drummer Tony Thompson nor the "classic line up" singing ladies (Alfa Anderson and Luci Martin) are there, and for me they were an integral part of that sound. 

I have many albums in your list. All the Teena Maries, of course Sister Sledge, I'm a huge huge huge Chaka Khan fan - I have absolutely everything she has released and I follow her on social media - Pointer Sisters, Shannon, Evelyn King, of course Donna Summer, Patti Austin and Patrice Rushen. Oh, and Tina, Sade and Aretha too, of course. 

Not having time to listen to music tonight but I will listen to the stuff you all posted as soon as I can. 

Back to ol skool jams....

Fatback

One Way

Vanity 6

Secret Weapon

Indeep

Skyy

Twennynine (feat: Lenny White)

Cameo

The Whispers

Tom Tom Club

there are a few for your listening pleasure!

Classic

Classic

:inlove::inlove:

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

I'd do ANYTHING to be in the clubs when these were HOT  :wow:

11 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

I'd do ANYTHING to be in the clubs when these were HOT  :wow:

Yes...it was something...went all the time...practically lived in the clubs! Started out at teen clubs when I was 15/16...1978/79...Disco was hot....then into the 80s and adult clubs...soon along came an unknown in 1982!

Not sure if I mention them earlier, but some of the "Latin Freestyle" girls/groups from the 80's were awesome!!!  I adored Sweet Sensation, The Cover Girls, Sa-Fire....

@spotlight  Since you mentioned Rockwell, don't forget this one too!!!

Sa-Fire was so damn cute!

35 minutes ago, todsmod said:

@spotlight  Since you mentioned Rockwell, don't forget this one too!!!

Completely forgot obouht this sings existence. Thanks for the reminder babe. 

Omg the video was so cheeeeeeeezzzyyyy I love it. Greta song though 9/10

i don’t/know if this could be considered rnb or not but anything by Stevie B was a sure fire hit in my childhood 

@todsmod I loved those Safire hits:inlove::inlove::inlove:

1 minute ago, spotlight said:

Completely forgot obouht this sings existence. Thanks for the reminder babe. 

Omg the video was so cheeeeeeeezzzyyyy I love it. Greta song though 9/10

:chuckle:  Before posting it and actually seeing the video (I don't remember the video at all), I thought to myself....maybe I should just post the song and not the video!!!  Cheeeezzzzzzyyyyyyy indeed.  His finger pointing is....dumb!!!  The song was good.  Almost wish I'd never watched the video.

Can't remember (and too lazy).....did I post this one before.?  I loved this song back then.  But it's another that's just better hearing, and NOT watching!

Then I remembered reading (and probably posting) that Jermaine died (I think of AIDS) several years ago.  From his voice to his looks....I would have never thought was was gay!!!  huh.gif

I think we may be heading more into Freestyle territory instead of R&B....but hey....it was the 80's!!!  I love me some Stevie B too!!!  I had a major crush on Noel and every song on his first LP was fabulous!!!  

This was my Noel jam!!!!  I've burnt several LARGE receivers and several LARGE speakers because of this song.

13 minutes ago, todsmod said:

:chuckle:  Before posting it and actually seeing the video (I don't remember the video at all), I thought to myself....maybe I should just post the song and not the video!!!  Cheeeezzzzzzyyyyyyy indeed.  His finger pointing is....dumb!!!  The song was good.  Almost wish I'd never watched the video.

Can't remember (and too lazy).....did I post this one before.?  I loved this song back then.  But it's another that's just better hearing, and NOT watching!

Then I remembered reading (and probably posting) that Jermaine died (I think of AIDS) several years ago.  From his voice to his looks....I would have never thought was was gay!!!  huh.gif

:chuckle::chuckle:

The video is comedy gold though. Never seen it before

sad that he died 

2 hours ago, todsmod said:

Sa-Fire was so damn cute!

I had to sing this @ karaoke once because I though it would be:

8 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

I had to sing this @ karaoke once because I though it would be:

Where's the video of your performance?  I did karaoke once....w/my sister....doing Material Girl.  I watched the video she purchased once and said NEVER AGAIN!!!  :noway::lmao:

I’ve done Karaoke many times back in the day...I’ve won 1st place several times...I sang mostly power ballads...George Michael, Celine, Whitney

1 hour ago, Aries said:

I’ve done Karaoke many times back in the day...I’ve won 1st place several times...I sang mostly power ballads...George Michael, Celine, Whitney

Where's your receipts??!!!  :chuckle:

@IsaacHarris  there were too many "let me be the one" songs all around the same time!  Remember 5 Star.  They almost looked Jackson-esque.  I liked them!

1 hour ago, todsmod said:

Where's your receipts??!!!  :chuckle:

I guess you’re just gonna have to trust me...I’ve never been to a Karaoke place where they videotaped the performances...I did have friends that wanted me to try out for AI when it came out, but I was already pushing 40,

1 hour ago, todsmod said:

Remember 5 Star.

yes...loved them a lot.....Silk & Steel of coarse my favorite, but right up there with their debut Luxury Of Life...have few of their compilations, along with most of the studio albums....Shine was so underrated...and oh how I love Denise....also have her solo album Imprint!

:inlove: