MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skin

Do College Kids Know 80s Music...

Madonna is the last song played....

7 out of 8 knew the song.

6 out of 8 knew the artist.

MADONNA WINS.

Why am I watching this. But anyway, the quota isn't bad. 

10 hours ago, spotlight said:

7 out of 8 knew the song.

6 out of 8 knew the artist.

MADONNA WINS.

8 hours ago, Mr Ciccone said:

Well at least this time most of these kids actually know who Madonna is! :clap:

YES!

Unlike the 16 weeks number 1 song, none of the kids know about it.

They manage to guess the second choice artist 'cos they realized the first choice artist Ariana Grande couldn't be singing in the 90s. :chuckle: 

0 out of 8 knew the song.

4 out of 8 knew the artist.

These videos  make my head hurt.

so M has the highest score. first i thought the 6/8 knew the artist meant some college kids dont know M. wish they'd have picked LAP.

50 minutes ago, Nikki said:

so M has the highest score. first i thought the 6/8 knew the artist meant some college kids dont know M. wish they'd have picked LAP.

These dummies heard Like A Prayer and guessed Celine Dion and Paula Abdull :rotfl:I was barely a year old when LAP released and it's instantly recognizable as MADONNA. I feel like they purposely select idiots to do these videos, for entertainment value. I guess it would be no fun if everyone always knew the answer :rotfl:

4 hours ago, horn said:

YES!

Unlike the 16 weeks number 1 song, none of the kids know about it.

They manage to guess the second choice artist 'cos they realized the first choice artist Ariana Grande couldn't be singing in the 90s. :chuckle: 

0 out of 8 knew the song.

4 out of 8 knew the artist.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dolly Parton? Oh yeah, she guest spotted on Hanna Montana.

head-slap-283x300.jpg

"So this song was a huge part of 1980s culture. [referring to "Girls Just Want to Have Fun] It set trends as Lauper wore bright, outrageous clothes in the music videos. It helped set the stage for artists like Madonna"

Ok, I had to stop the video there. I mean, I'm not trying to nit pick here but am I the only one really annoyed with that bit of commentary thrown at the end there?! Like, bitch, really?! You're seriously gonna try and shade Madonna. The constant need to compare and tear female artists is quite tiring. Can't imagine how it was for some of y'all in the 80s when both Madonna and Cyndi were both neck and neck on the charts. The whole, who's better? Who did it better? If anything Madonna had her own style. Obviously with the help of friend stylists and if they're referring to the whole corset dress Madonna was more so referencing Spanish culture not Cyndi Lauper for crying out loud but whatever.

6 hours ago, Skin said:

Crazy @ a-Ha being more recognized on this round. Crazy @ them being the most recognizable act with ONLY 4 votes. Crazy @ those kids thinking LAP is by ABBA, Celine and Paula. Insanity galore.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Angel said:

"So this song was a huge part of 1980s culture. [referring to "Girls Just Want to Have Fun] It set trends as Lauper wore bright, outrageous clothes in the music videos. It helped set the stage for artists like Madonna"

Ok, I had to stop the video there. I mean, I'm not trying to nit pick here but am I the only one really annoyed with that bit of commentary thrown at the end there?! Like, bitch, really?! You're seriously gonna try and shade Madonna. The constant need to compare and tear female artists is quite tiring. Can't imagine how it was for some of y'all in the 80s when both Madonna and Cyndi were both neck and neck on the charts. The whole, who's better? Who did it better? If anything Madonna had her own style. Obviously with the help of friend stylists and if they're referring to the whole corset dress Madonna was more so referencing Spanish culture not Cyndi Lauper for crying out loud but whatever.

Yeah that was a wtf moment.

Actually pleasantly surprised that many even knew the song LAV! lol Hands down songs like LAP, Vogue, ITG, MG etc are waay more played 24/7-ish on AC, recurrent, 80s oldies stations etc...Its also nice to see younger people not instantly get repelled and talk shit about M or any of her music which seemed to happen post 1993-what seemed forever. Seems since maybe post Music/2000 and gradually over time she's now beloved or at least gets positive reactions from people under 20 or whatever. I mean..to say you liked anything about Madonna in the States basically any year after 1993 you instantly got shade or shit. 

I've always thought that this kind of videos are the furthest from a real live situation... I could totally see all this kids doing castings all around Hollywood or New York... this is more prefabricated entertainment than research... 

I liked the little kids better that were posted in a previous thread. ! They were more natural and truthful.  The older kids, teens and college kids think it is cool to say they don't know music and seem put on. 

4 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Dolly Parton? Oh yeah, she guest spotted on Hanna Montana.

head-slap-283x300.jpg

To be fair I'm 35 and the only thing I really ever knew about Dolly was that she had big tits.

14 hours ago, Johnny Angel said:

I almost forgot about that!

I was like WTF

I caught that BS....

Madonna was out first with Everybody tail end of 1982

Cyndi didn’t come out til nearly year later (Sep ‘83) with GJWTHF

2 hours ago, Aries said:

I caught that BS....

Madonna was out first with Everybody tail end of 1982

Cyndi didn’t come out til nearly year later (Sep ‘83) with GJWTHF

Yep Madonna had two singles released before GJWTHF and it was released in the same month as Holiday!