MadonnaNation.com Forums
FreeMySoul

Liz Smith has Died [merged]

I wonder If M will mention her on IG 

I remember she got the scoop 4 M's 1st pregnancy.

Another time, she added, "Madonna did me the ultimate favor. From Budapest, she gave my column the exclusive on her pregnancy. I was sputtering in shock when Madonna's rep, Liz Rosenberg, called. 'But, she's just starting Evita,' I said. 'How can this be true?' Madonna herself picked up the phone. 'Liz, I'm pregnant,' she barked. I started writing."

RIP Beautiful soul. You will be missed. 

Sad to hear, but what a long and eventful life Liz had.  She will be greatly missed.

Has Madonna responded publically yet to her death?

This is so sad.

She's one of the few Madonna supporter.

Sad day for all M fans. :(

I guess that M will find out sometime this week and maybe she will share a post for her.

While it’s sad that she’s not with us anymore, I’m happy to see that she lived a plenty live and died old, not because of some accident or addictions.

Loved Liz!! RIP. Clearly, M loved her too basically since day 1. Kept shit super real, witty w/out being a cruel, crazed pig (eg: Piss Morgan) Never forgot her quote several years ago (prob. from the late 80s./early 90s) about M. Something like "she can't sing, can't dance, can't act, etc..but no contest...just has 'it' all w/out any effort so doesn't matter and is rightfully the biggest star in the world". Lol. Don't have the exact quote but it's very similar to that. 

6 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Very sad indeed. I just read this very interesting article. 

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/liz-smith-dies-gossip-columnist-remembrance 

Thanks for posting!

Never understood why a certain part of the LGBT community feels that every gay celebrity who hasn't come out publicly must do so too...i'm bothered by those who lie and pretend to be straight with fake relationships(like Ricky martin in the 90's), if it wasn't an issue for Liz not sure why Musto felt the right to 'urge' her to go public...

As for the closeted celebrities she covered for back in the day, maybe she did it as a favor to them considering that gay people had absolutely no chance at a film career in Hollywood back then...

Very surprised Madonna hasn't paid a tribute to Liz considering the years and years of support she gave her.

Why hasn't she posted something? 

18 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Nothing on M’s Instagram :/

Im really taken a back she hasn't posted anything.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:20 PM, Gus said:

That's the best article I've ever read about Madonna. Liz seemed to be the only journalist to really understand Madonna. I wonder if the Queen has read this.

Edited by Hector
Long text post quoted

That's so sad she seemed like a really nice lady. I remember seeing her in pics from Event's Madonna went to.