Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Like A Virgin - 33rd Anniversary!

Recommended Posts

Such a classic and iconic album. Love it! Would have loved to witness her 80's reign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13-11-2017 at 5:20 AM, sul8323 said:

Warner had demonstrated contempt for Madonna and her brand for a very long time... I am not convinced that Madonna is responsible for burying her back catalog.  They co trolled everytging from her single choices to marketing to touring for a very long time.  GHV2 and Celebration were each a sacrilege.  No "GVV2" with here enormous string of number one dance songs...  Madonna left Warner for a reason...

No, Madonna left after they couldn't match the Live Nation deal, they actually tried and offered her some sort of a 360 deal, despite not being a touring company.

Prince actually resigned with Warner near the end and the anniversary issue was done with his involvement, he oversaw the entire project in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear ya....and always had a pencil handy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

To think that THIS is how I bought the LAV album:

 

image.jpeg

 

7 minutes ago, Aries said:

I hear ya....and always had a pencil handy!

Same here. I played that cassette so much. Every night I would play every song.  

So happy to see so much love for Like a virgin. Whenever we have "rank your favourite Madonna albums" this is always near the bottom. :cries: Was my favourite album for so long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

 

Same here. I played that cassette so much. Every night I would play every song.  

So happy to see so much love for Like a virgin. Whenever we have "rank your favourite Madonna albums" this is always near the bottom. :cries: Was my favourite album for so long. 

It's pretty much why I am here in the first place (well 'Madonna' opened the door, but LAV pretty much kicked me in with no return!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 5:03 AM, Crux said:

33 years ago today, Madonna released this legendary classic album and propelled herself into an even bigger icon for us mere morals.

Give it up for, LAV, guys!

madonna-like-virgin.jpg?w=500&h=500&crop

 

 

 

 

 

:clap::clap::clap:

 

 

 

 

 

LITERALLY FLAWLESS: the album, that tour, her fashion, each music video, I could go on & on & on :wow:

 

Her best album from that decade, quite frankly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

To think that THIS is how I bought the LAV album:

 

image.jpeg

haha same here!  Played it on my little boombox!

So many memories tied to this album and this whole era.  For me and my friends, she was IT. 
I pretty much count the release of this album as the beginning of my fandom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, acko said:

No, Madonna left after they couldn't match the Live Nation deal, they actually tried and offered her some sort of a 360 deal, despite not being a touring company.

Prince actually resigned with Warner near the end and the anniversary issue was done with his involvement, he oversaw the entire project in 2015.

I see what you are selling... I am just not buying it... I stand behind my statement that Warner's treatment of Madonna's back catalog entirely ignores her contribution to the industry, their brand and her legacy.  And.... I feel that Warner Brothers reached further for the men they carried than the women in their lable.  Madonna deserved a Live Nation sized deal for her touring alone... and she was still selling a shitload of records per new industry standards... Warner is sitting on a goldmine and they could make it work.... they just won't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sul8323 said:

I see what you are selling... I am just not buying it... I stand behind my statement that Warner's treatment of Madonna's back catalog entirely ignores her contribution to the industry, their brand and her legacy.  And.... I feel that Warner Brothers reached further for the men they carried than the women in their lable.  Madonna deserved a Live Nation sized deal for her touring alone... and she was still selling a shitload of records per new industry standards... Warner is sitting on a goldmine and they could make it work.... they just won't. 

Which is ludicrous, to say the least. Someone high up must have it in for her or that poor treatment of her catalogue with WB is ingrained in their 'culture'.  Shame, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×