MadonnaNation.com Forums
Genevieve Vavance

can I have a moment plzz ...

One of the best songs of her career. The live version is heaven.

12 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

One of the best songs of her career. The live version is heaven.

I cannot understand why this was not no 1 for 14 weeks but that damn bodyguard soundtrack was, no wonder she was pissed as hell :lmao: 

3 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

one of the many things she will be remembered for in 1000 years :cry: 

One of her greatest songs and videos.  Madonna sings ballads as well as anyone and the video proves yet again that she has made the most brilliant, artistic, emotional and varied videos ever.  Such a haunting, sad and unusual song. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

One of her greatest songs and videos.  Madonna sings ballads as well as anyone and the video proves yet again that she has made the most brilliant, artistic, emotional and varied videos ever.  Such a haunting, sad and unusual song. 

so true :( she's capable of showing so much emotion in her voice!!

8 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

so true :( she's capable of showing so much emotion in her voice!!

Yes and she does so naturally and with so much musicality.  No false screaming or wailing but pure emotion and feeling. Such an underrated singer. Her interpretation of songs is perfection and something that can't be manufactored or manipulated. 

pure perfection. She looks so beautiful. The video was never played on MTV Europe.. the frustration

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes and she does so naturally and with so much musicality.  No false screaming or wailing but pure emotion and feeling. Such an underrated singer. Her interpretation of songs is perfection and something tht can't be manufactored or manipulated. 

best part is 2.20 min to me

and god she's so beautiful in this video :o 

1 minute ago, Like2Watch said:

pure perfection. She looks so beautiful. The video was never played on MTV Europe.. the frustration

yes, that sucked, I remember they played it in 1995 though lol :lol: with the release of STR, when my fandom started

This is one of my all time favorite videos from Madonna.👍🏻It reveals so much to me about how trauma & pain from childhood haunts you in adulthood, including in your chosen romantic interests. You can work on better understanding yourself & try to forgive what seems unforgivable or allow the past to haunt & destroy your spirit. 

Oooooohhh @Genevieve Vavance .... you make my day.

My favorite M song ever. And my favorite video too. Both masterpiece. 

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

This is one of my all time favorite videos from Madonna.👍🏻It reveals so much to me about how trauma & pain from childhood haunts you in adulthood, including in your chosen romantic interests. You can work on better understanding yourself & try to forgive what seems unforgivable or allow the past to haunt & destroy your spirit. 

very well said @Nick

Everything in life is intertwined

37 minutes ago, Nick said:

:clap:

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I can identify with Madonna so much in this video, I think we all can

1 hour ago, runa said:

Oooooohhh @Genevieve Vavance .... you make my day.

My favorite M song ever. And my favorite video too. Both masterpiece. 

:thumbsup::smooch: 

People always say she can't sing that all these other female singers have these crazy ranges but what she does have that they don't is personality. She can emote and that for me is a hell alot more impressive than AAAAND IIIIIIIIII....people might not get it but there's a reason why Madonna has had a career for as long as she's had and it's because she can make a song resonate.

3 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I cannot understand why this was not no 1 for 14 weeks but that damn bodyguard soundtrack was, no wonder she was pissed as hell :lmao: 

Totally! 

To cast pearls before swine. Literally. 

How I love the rawness of her voice in this. So on point. 

For all those dissing Whitney, to be fair she did a great vocal job on 'I Will Always Love You' (it's not her fault a million talentless contestants have tackled that song on countless tv "talent" shows).

'Oh Father' is cruelly underrated-- both video and song. Thanks for the memories xx

The beauty of Oh Father is ineffable. No words can accurately describe how extraordinary it is.

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes and she does so naturally and with so much musicality.  No false screaming or wailing but pure emotion and feeling. Such an underrated singer. Her interpretation of songs is perfection and something that can't be manufactored or manipulated.

3 hours ago, Showdown said:

People always say she can't sing that all these other female singers have these crazy ranges but what she does have that they don't is personality. She can emote and that for me is a hell alot more impressive than AAAAND IIIIIIIIII....people might not get it but there's a reason why Madonna has had a career for as long as she's had and it's because she can make a song resonate.

THIS. 

If only more truly got it.

Wonderful flop.  Best flop in history of music.  The voice,  the melody,  the bridge,  the video... 

Thank you Genoveva