Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
FreeMySoul

2018 Met Gala Theme: “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination

Recommended Posts

The only thing Madonna might love more than the fresh blood of greased-up backup dancers is to gyrate around a crucifix and surf on a nun. So Anna Wintour really missed an opportunity by not making the Material Girl the lady priest or co-host or whatever of next year’s Met Gala. Because the theme is honoring Catholic fashion. Instead, it’ll be a “say wha?” trinity with Rihanna, Donatella Versace, and Amal Clooney serving as celebrity co-hosts.

Vogue, apparently deciding to black out those white gloves Amal sewed herself for the 2015 Golden Globes, announced today the theme for the 2018 event will be “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion And The Catholic Imagination.”

Next spring, the Costume Institute will sanctify its love of fashion as it presents “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” Designed to create a dialogue between fashion and the masterworks of religious art in the museum’s holdings, the show will be presented in a trinity of locations: the Anna Wintour Costume Center, the medieval galleries at the Met’s Fifth Avenue location, and further uptown at the Cloisters. Central to the conversation will be the papal garb on loan from the Sistine Chapel sacristy, many of which have never been seen outside the Vatican, even in the 1983 Met blockbuster, “The Vatican Collections: The Papacy and Art.”

Everyone will likely do as they’ve done by ignoring the theme completely. Or they’ll just wear rosary beads with papal red Prada pumps and call it a day. But I’m sure many can’t wait to make the Vatican regret ever having agreed to its pact with Beelzebub Wintour. Madge is certain to arrive wearing Rosary beads…and nothing else but arrows pointing to her tits.  Amal will knit his and hers nun’s habits to wear with George Clooney and do a scene from Doubt to greet arriving guest for what’s sure to be an uplifting evening. And I’m sure Rihanna will yet again find a way to stop the whole damn show by arriving in a dress that just is a Lego version of the Sistine Chapel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love it if she did something based on the actual 'Madonna' outfit, red dress and a blue cape/coat, something big and dramatic with a tons of fabric.

02f742bc538efd16f9b144b1e91fe6d2--st-mar

536a9eeb51821fbff78cd5d7ea1b54de--fir-tr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the look for Madonna, blue dress, one boobs out ....

9187_392c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anna Wintour just wanted to do a Madonna themed gala but because she is pressed and bitter about M she called it catholic fashion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alen said:

This is the look for Madonna, blue dress, one boobs out ....

9187_392c.jpeg

i would die if she went one titty out at the met gala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with ann cuntor face on baby jesus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love seeing Madonna at the Met Ball so always want her to attend. Anna Wintour though is a nasty snobby piece of work. 

Choosing Amal Clooney as one of the chairs is so lame but predictable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Starman said:

Bet she wont go 😂

She probably is shooting her film next spring

Or Making a New Album...:IMG_1564:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lolo said:

I'd love it if she did something based on the actual 'Madonna' outfit, red dress and a blue cape/coat, something big and dramatic with a tons of fabric.

02f742bc538efd16f9b144b1e91fe6d2--st-mar

536a9eeb51821fbff78cd5d7ea1b54de--fir-tr

Like your idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, alen said:

This is the look for Madonna, blue dress, one boobs out ....

9187_392c.jpeg

Yes! Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

So basically the theme is Madonna.

THIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

So basically the theme is Madonna.

:yes:

In RuPaul’s Voice: 

“Category is Madonna’s Catholic Fierceness”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Starman said:

Bet she wont go 😂

She probably is shooting her film next spring

I have a feeling she won't too :lmao: who knows maybe she'll be bored in Lisbon by then and want to see her friends 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

So basically the theme is Madonna.

yes :lmao:

hope she'll go and show those lessors how it's done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the deal on nuclear wintour? Didn't someone explain once why they fell out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

What's the deal on nuclear wintour? Didn't someone explain once why they fell out?

Could be about the problems during her last Vogue cover plus this:

Ever wonder who would win in a battle of wills between Anna Wintour and Madonna? (We’ll be honest — 82 percent of our day is spent thinking about issues like this.) Well, now you have the answer: Madonna. (As if there was any question — one of Madonna’s giant eyeballs alone could break Wintour’s little parakeet neck.) Portfolio’s Jeff Bercovici puts the question to rest with actualevidence — a spat over the cover of Condé Nast’s ubiquitous “Fashion Rocks” magazine. The once-a-year issue comes packaged with nearly all Condé titles and combines music and fashion coverage. It’s basically a bundle of lucrative advertisements, and gets great placement. Apparently, Wintour wanted Madonna for the cover, but Her Madgesty wouldn’t agree to perform at the “Fashion Rocks” concert this Friday — which is obligatory for anyone who appears on the cover. So Wintour was forced to go with her second choice, Jennifer Lopez. Madonna is one of the only female stars who would dare say “no” to Wintour and not fear retribution, so we’re pleased she is exercising this power. We’re also pleased that, as Bercovici points out, former Fly Girl J.Lo is relegated to backup once again.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2007/09/madonna_to_anna_wintour_hadook.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gus said:

Could be about the problems during her last Vogue cover plus this:

Ever wonder who would win in a battle of wills between Anna Wintour and Madonna? (We’ll be honest — 82 percent of our day is spent thinking about issues like this.) Well, now you have the answer: Madonna. (As if there was any question — one of Madonna’s giant eyeballs alone could break Wintour’s little parakeet neck.) Portfolio’s Jeff Bercovici puts the question to rest with actualevidence — a spat over the cover of Condé Nast’s ubiquitous “Fashion Rocks” magazine. The once-a-year issue comes packaged with nearly all Condé titles and combines music and fashion coverage. It’s basically a bundle of lucrative advertisements, and gets great placement. Apparently, Wintour wanted Madonna for the cover, but Her Madgesty wouldn’t agree to perform at the “Fashion Rocks” concert this Friday — which is obligatory for anyone who appears on the cover. So Wintour was forced to go with her second choice, Jennifer Lopez. Madonna is one of the only female stars who would dare say “no” to Wintour and not fear retribution, so we’re pleased she is exercising this power. We’re also pleased that, as Bercovici points out, former Fly Girl J.Lo is relegated to backup once again.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2007/09/madonna_to_anna_wintour_hadook.html

 

Very interesting article! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A met gala without Madonna is not a met gala, its boring

Madonna has to be there and shock the world as always.

She should go as Black Madonna maybe or Maria Magdalene, or maybe as the only female Pope !!!!!

 

I donnt understand Anna hating Madonna. She should kiss Kim K.s ass instead. There is  a video about the Met Gala next year theme,

and all you see Kim K?????

Seriously as there are no others

Still Anna will invite Madonna :queenbitch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately, The only exciting thing about the met gala is Madonna’s présence. Hope she attends again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×