MadonnaNation.com Forums
MCHL

Where did Madonna REHEARSE?

On 11/8/2017 at 12:15 AM, material_boy said:

M commented recently that she wanted to use water on tour but that it was a logistical nightmare. Pretty sure this was the number she was referring to. It was cut for “Holiday.”

I thought the original plan was that she was going to be showering for Like A Virgin.

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I thought the original plan was that she was going to be showering for Like A Virgin.

DSC00543.jpg

This is what was commented years ago. I copy and paste from Pud's Scrapbook blog. 

"It was mentioned in french daily newspaper "Liberation" when "Blond Ambition Tour" hit Paris in July of 1990. Madonna was on the cover, a pic from the "Vogue" performance from the show. Inside there is an interview of Jean Paul Gaultier with original sketches of the costumes he made prior to the ones that were selected by Madonna. On these sketches she appears as a brunette with the same hairdo as in the "Like a prayer" video, she wears a bathrobe because he wanted her to take a shower on stage ( which she replaced by the masturbation scene. On the back of the bathrobe there was a tag "Taste Heaven". In this interview he talked about the "La Isla Bonita" costumes and how at the last minute he had to redo all the costumes because from when he took Madonna's measurments to the time she was about to start the tour she had lost a lot of weight and his team was forced to go to L.A to resize everything. A while ago i posted the sketches on a forum, it was a bad capture with my phone^^
I moved a lot since then so i have to look into my boxes to enearth them again."

When Madonna rests, she tends to get weight :chuckle:  1988 and 2017 have been The Munchies eras.. 

I love this little greetings clip from BA rehearsals. She looks every inch a flawless goddess. The hair!!!:inlove: 

stupid german translator though, thank God this annoying habit is slowly dying, because a couple of people picked up some English from the internet. 

On 15/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, karbatal said:

When Madonna rests, she tends to get weight :chuckle:  1988 and 2017 have been The Munchies eras.. 

1991 as well (although if you believe some biographies she was pregnant with Tony's baby and had a miscarriage)