Another day. Another mass shooting in America.

:wacko:

Gunman walked into church and opened fire on the congregation in small town.

More than 20 people have been killed after a gunman opened fire in a church in Sutherland Springs, in the US state of Texas.

A single gunman walked into the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs and opened fire, Wilson County Commissioner Albert Gamez Jr. told NBC News.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/11/05/up-to-two-dozen-people-reported-dead-in-texas-church-shooting-nbc

13 minutes ago, Showdown said:

I'm from South Texas and it's insane the gun culture. Like really really really bad. I know people like to joke about Texas being gun crazy but it's true. My state is gun crazy and full of psychos.

I have a friend who claims that no shootings happen in Texas because of the freedom to carry.  Ridiculous. Guess this proves her wrong! I moved from Dallas to Austin a couple months ago and i can’t express how out of place I felt in Dallas.  You are very correct, the gun culture here is crazy, people teach their kids how to shoot guns and what not. If you are not for guns in texas might as well be ready to argue with people all the time. Nonsense. 

30 minutes ago, Tatu said:

I have a friend who claims that no shootings happen in Texas because of the freedom to carry.  Ridiculous. Guess this proves her wrong! I moved from Dallas to Austin a couple months ago and i can’t express how out of place I felt in Dallas.  You are very correct, the gun culture here is crazy, people teach their kids how to shoot guns and what not. If you are not for guns in texas might as well be ready to argue with people all the time. Nonsense. 

What's crazy is that I work at a bank and we have signs that say you cannot carry in the establishment. I've had people get down and make big huge complaints on how it's their right to carry in the bank. It's disgusting. Even when I saw Rebel Heart in San Antonio they literally said it was private property so No one could carry and you would not believe all the loud groans and bitching I heard. It's like a Simpson's episode. People seriously lack common sense here.

21 minutes ago, Hector said:

This country is seriously always Groundhog Day :newspaper:

Gross. Not to bring Gaga into it but she made a post on Facebook about gun laws and all the comments are basically saying you can't away my gun. That's the priority and it's fucking insane. 

It honestly feels like a lot of people in this country have decided that the right to own guns is worth the sacrifice of having people die in a mass shooting every once in a while. If you even THINK about suggesting ANY form of gun reform they will jump down your throat, yet these are the same people who want blanket bans on entire groups of people.

Horrifying and heart breaking but so predictable.  I suppose people again will be told to "pray for Texas" as only recently told to "pray for Las Vegas"  and every other American state previously. Instead, people should "pray for change in gun control" or better still protest, demand change and have mass demonstrations.   The people in that church would of prayed that very day and prayers did not protect them from a demented evil man with guns.   I also suppose it "won't be the time" to discuss gun control.  

Rip to the innocent people who were murdered senselessly in this massacre. 

5 hours ago, Hector said:

A mass shooting in the U.S. literally every damn day. :imsad: And this country does NOTHING besides prayers. :unsure:

It's sickening! Every freaking day. 

What the hell? There's some really fucked up people here in the U.S.

Prayers are nice but what is that gonna do to prevent the next mass killing? We need a drastic change.

This is insane.

I'm so tired of people dying in the US, especially when it seems anyone who has the ability to stop these people from dying chooses not to. 

The more we see these things happen, the more I realize America really doesn't care who it has to kill so it can keep its guns. If children didn't cross the line, nothing will.

But even the people involved in this latest tragedy were saying to the press not to politicalize what happened with claims on how it shouldn't have happened.... Goes to show these people are willing to die or even lose a child for the gun cause. They want their guns so let these idiots have them and get killed. Everytime tragedies like this happen gun sales go through the roof so it's a win win situation for the gun lobbies; mass shootings bring fear and fear bring more Americans to their beloved guns stores. They will probably allow people to bring guns in churches now.. maybe it's already allowed after all. I ll save my prayers for the victims of war, refugees, starving Africans.. these Texan peeps can keep their guns and kill each other as far as I'm concerned. You can bring the horse to the water but you can't make them drink after all. Absolutely shameful for the USA. 

4 of the 5 deadliest mass shootings in US history have all occurred within the last 5 years, and the top 3 within the last 18 months. There's clearly something else at work here besides gun laws, which have long been quite lax in the US.

IIRC, and someone correct me if I have my facts wrong but Australia was so horrified by the Port Arthur Massacre that they solved their gun violence problem in just three months. 

Why can't America do the same?

most people with common sense - wow this is pathetic, we need new legislation. something needs to be done

your average conservative/gun enthusiast - thoughts and prayers!!!!

fucking idiots :rotfl:

Trump calls Texas church shooting a 'mental health problem at the highest level,' says gunman 'deranged'

:chuckle:

White gun man - mental health

muslim man - terrorism

oh well, I love this world

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

Horrible.  

Funny that those terrorists are never stopped with arms by citizens?  Having the right to buy and wear arms won't help you at all if you're next. 

Exactly. It's strange no one cares for the fact that guns never saved anyone in a situation like this. They don't protect, they don't provide safety or justice. 

They kill and cause chaos. End of.

3 hours ago, jaron said:

Trump calls Texas church shooting a 'mental health problem at the highest level,' says gunman 'deranged'

muslim man - terrorism

THIS

4 hours ago, jaron said:

muslim man - terrorism

Well its all in the motive. The possibility that a middle eastern man is motivated by a radical version of islam is much higher that a white man (though there are islam converts obviously) and generally it turns out that ISIS is involved when a middle eastern man kills dosents of ppl. Generally the white males are not religiously motivated (or should I say politically motivated in the case of islam?), they are in most cases insane. I don't find it funny that the radical version of islam is freely thought throughout EU/USA. Or the fact that some people think its a discrimination to point out terorists who commit terorist acts.

Republicans were ready to put up iron curtains at the Canadian and Mexican borders last week when a Muslim committed a terrorist act. BAN THEM. 

Now we just have a 'mental health issue' in this country. I love it when republicans talk about how much they care about mental health after a white man guns down dozens of people. Then they slash funds for research with their ghastly tax proposals. 

And let us never forget that Reagan nixed the Mental Health Systems Act within a year of his presidency, thus shutting down DOZENS of mental hospitals across the country. 

I don't know what makes me more angry. That they hide behind this talking point in order to just ignore the disgusting gun culture we have in this country, or that there are millions of Americans who believe it and would rather own a gun and tolerate these shootings to maintain their 'right to bare arms'.

I'm a pretty optimistic person by nature, but the past year has caused me to lose faith in just about everything this country stands for. This is not the America I once thought it was. And I don't see it getting any better. 

For the past day all of those fucking idiotic, NRA-tainted Republicans and Trump are saying it's "too soon" to address gun control. They say that excuse for every big mass shooting! The Las Vegas massacre is "old news" now, and we've had a mass shooting nearly every day since then, so we are well overdue for them to seriously address this chronic hell we have with gun violence in this country.