Another day. Another mass shooting in America.

20 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

That’s not him. Transphobes and bots are posting random pics of trans Hispanics online claiming that’s him. There’s no proof he was even trans.

And to think the country changed with Columbine and everyone remembers it as a defining event of the 90s. Will we even talk about this in two weeks' time? Or are we desensitised to these mass shootings now?

It’s absolutely horrifying. The killing in buffalo left me so incredibly sad, when I saw the pic of one elderly lady who owned one shop. It feels so incredibly wrong. Then since then more and more carnage and now this. It’s simply unbearable.

1 hour ago, Junior said:

This country is under hostage from 50 senators who refuse to ever do anything whatsoever about this. 🤬

He is spot on.  Admire him for using this platform to comment on how senators refuse to budge while so many innocent people are killed. 

11 hours ago, MadFan said:

And to think the country changed with Columbine and everyone remembers it as a defining event of the 90s. Will we even talk about this in two weeks' time? Or are we desensitised to these mass shootings now?

I've been saying this for years.

There have been dozens of school shootings this year alone and most have been blips on the radar. It's like there's a threshold when it comes to casualties for the media and Americans these days. Anything under 10 gets a day or so of coverage. Anything over 10 about a week. 20 or more, maybe a month at most. This will get around 2 months since children were involved. Reporters will cry on air and at the scene. Politicians will give speeches, spend prayers, and put forth some kind of gun control bill that will ultimately fail for the 156th time. Rinse, wash, repeat. 

It's so disgusting. 

There is a large portion of this country that will accept these shootings rather give an inch to firearm restrictions. All about FREEDOM. Absolute lunacy.  

Thoughts and Prayers ad infinitum.

The US is so dysfunctional politically when even the party 'in power' can do fuck all to change anything.

No amount of whining on Twitter will fix anything.

People power!

Nothing will ever change in America sadly.  Just watching the news tonight and seeing politicians from Texas all saying they won't consider watering down gun laws.  They have no intention of ever taking away the rights of " law abiding innocent gun owners " as they call it.  They would much rather live with innocent children getting murdered on mass at their schools, then deny someone their right to own a high powered gun that can kill many so quickly.  I don't know how they can live with themselves or how they have so many supporters.  The NRA love guns more than people. 

Sick of hearing that chestnut again that "Guns don't kill, people do"  that the NRA trot out all the time.  Do they ever really stop to think that in every other country in the world,  there are none of these consistent gun massacres.  Only in the USA.  Only in the one country where it is so easy to buy high powered guns.  It is so obvious to everyone else in every other country in the world.  Counties that did have a massive gun massacre, quickly changed the laws.   America has so many including in schools, churches, cinemas, supermarkets and workplaces yet nothing ever changes.  Feel so sorry for the American people that despair and do want change.  

It seems like USA is all about weapon and nothing else.

They spent the MOST budget on weapons rather than local infrastructure & people's welfare.

And the saddest part is whoever wanna get rid of guns will lose the next election hence most of the politician hesitate.

Horrific news but sadly I think  this will  be swept under the carpet and quickly forgotten until there is another mass shooting and another one after that and so on.

My condolences to families of the victims.

I think that slowly USA citizens are starting to be really fed up. I doubt the national feeling and that American pride is so blatant nowadays as it was in the 90s after all that has happened 

3 hours ago, Butter9 said:

Horrific news but sadly I think  this will  be swept under the carpet and quickly forgotten until there is another mass shooting and another one after that and so on.

My condolences to families of the victims.

THIS

Sad but true.

Just now, horn said:

THIS

Sad but true.

I hope I'm wrong . Such a tragedy and it could have been prevented .

1 minute ago, Butter9 said:

I hope I'm wrong . Such a tragedy and it could have been prevented .

I mean how many mass shooting had taken place in the (recent) past?

People will show sympathy but will turn a blind eye and quickly move on 'cos none of the politician is willing to give up multi-billion dollar weapon sales.

The Senate is basically Republican controlled with fake Democrat Manchin. They refuse to vote in favor of nearly every single thing from him and Democrats. They’re worse than they were during the Obama years.

My God I can’t imagine what’s she’s going through. She saw them shot dead, pretended to be dead, and got her dead teacher’s phone to call 911 for help.  :imsad:

Texas school shooting survivor smeared blood on herself, played dead: parents

By Snejana Farberov

May 26, 2022 1:43pm Updated

texas-survivor-008.jpg

Miah Cerrillo (right) evaded the shooter by going into “survival mode,” her family said. KPRC

When an 11-year-old student at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, saw her friend get fatally shot in front of her inside their fourth-grade class Tuesday, she went into what her aunt called “survivor mode” and smeared the other girl’s blood on her body to convince the gunman that she, too, was dead. 

“My sister-in-law said is that she saw her friend full of blood, and she got blood and put it on herself,” Blanca Rivera told station KPRC of her niece, Miah Cerrillo.

Before playing dead, the quick-thinking girl also managed to grab her dead teacher’s phone and call 911 for help.

Miah survived one of the worst mass school shootings in US history, but her family says the harrowing ordeal has left her traumatized. 

Rivera, the girl’s aunt, said at around midnight on the night of the shooting, she got a call from Miah’s mom, saying that the fourth-grader was having a “panic attack.”

The massacre claimed the lives of 19 students and their two teachers, Eva Mireles and Irma Garcia. Several others were injured, among them Miah, who was left with multiple bullet fragments in her back. 

Law enforcement eventually shot and killed the suspected gunman, 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, who had barricaded himself inside the classroom and spent 40 minutes executing children and adults as desperate parents standing outside the schoolbegged cops at the scene to go inside.

Miguel Cerrillo, Miah’s father, told the Washington Post that when he learned of the active shooter situation, he raced to Robb Elementary School and got there just in time to see a police officer carrying his bloodied daughter out of the building.

The girl, whose left side was covered in lacerations, and whose hair was singed by gunfire, was loaded onto a school bus, but her dad was prevented from joining her.

Instead, Cerrillo said, they talked through a window about what Miah had witnessed inside the classroom.

The fourth-grader told her dad that she saw her teacher Eva Mireles get shot as she was holding her phone, Cerrillo recounted. Miah grabbed Mireles’ phone and used it to dial 911.

The gunman then shot Miah’s friend, and she decided to play dead by lying on top of the mortally wounded girl, who was bleeding profusely.

Cerrillo said his daughter told him that initially, the wounded classmate was still breathing, but she later succumbed to her injuries.

After being rescued from the building by police, Miah was treated at a local hospital and released.

According to her father and aunt, Miah spent the night in a state of panic, telling her dad to arm himself because “[the gunman is] gong to come get us.”

Miah is one of five children in her family. Her younger sister is a second-grader at Robb Elementary School and was not harmed in the shooting.

This made me tear up:cries:

Grieving husband of teacher killed in Texas school shooting has died, family says

Joe Garcia had been married to his high school sweetheart, Irma, for 24 years before she was gunned down at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.

May 26, 2022, 3:17 PM EDT

By Daniella Silva

The husband of one of the teachers killed in a Texas school shooting this week collapsed and died on Thursday while preparing for his wife's funeral, the family said.

Joe Garcia had been married to high school sweetheart, Irma Garcia, for 24 years before she was gunned down Tuesday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.

220525-irma-garcia-se-649p-d09fbc.jpg

Irma Garcia. Uvalde CISD

“I don’t even know how to feel. I don’t believe it. I don’t want to believe it” that Joe Garcia has passed away, Irma Garcia's nephew, John Martinez, told NBC News.

Irma Garcia and co-teacher Eva Mireles were both killed along with 19 children at the school that's about 85 miles west of San Antonio.

Her son, Christian Garcia, said a friend in law enforcement who was at the scene saw his mother shielding students during the rampage.

Martinez said he was told that Joe Garcia “went to go deliver flowers for Irma at the memorial for her."

"When he got home, he was at home for no more than three minutes after sitting down on a chair with the family. He just fell over. They tried doing chest compressions and nothing worked. The ambulance came and they couldn’t, they couldn’t bring them back.”

Martinez said he first learned the news from his younger brother.

“He called me and he said like, ‘Please pray for Joe.’ That’s all he told me," Martinez said. "And I said. 'What happened? 'And he was like, 'I don’t know. We don’t know yet.' And then I get a call I think, no more than 30 minutes later with him crying and saying he didn’t make it.”

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

37 minutes ago, Junior said:

The Senate is basically Republican controlled with fake Democrat Manchin. They refuse to vote in favor of nearly every single thing from him and Democrats. They’re worse than they were during the Obama years.

They are disgusting.  Heartless too.