Another day. Another mass shooting in America.

18 hours ago, Magician said:

😔

90 people a day killed by guns :gross:  Says it all and is such a tragedy and waste of lives. 

1 hour ago, Magician said:

:imsad:

This is what always stuns me.  How can anyone not see the devastation, heart break and unbearable loss that these shootings bring to the families and friends of the people senselessly killed by gun violence.  Then to see people like that ghastly Marsha Blackburn witch in Tennessee that Taylor Swift talked about,  doing an interview where the first thing she brings up when interviewed about the Thousand Oaks shooting is " how do we make certain that we protect the Second Amendment."    That is what she brings up first - the second Amendment, not the 11 people that were killed .

I just don't get it.  How can something that was written so long ago and for different reasons be so cherished as a right that people can't even contemplate making necessary changes to it to protect their citizens being killed so often.  They value their guns over their fellow people. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Started another separate thread on this too in this section as think it is incredible.  Australian journalist infiltrates the top of the NRA by pretending to be a right wing gun advocate against the strict gun laws of Australia.  Exposes the NRA's tactics and how they use the media and influences.  

• 2 months later...

:cries: Just so predictable and so horrifying.  Another mass shooting in America.  Also noticeable that no-body seems to be that shocked anymore. It has become "normal"  More innocent people losing their lives - just by being at work.   The needs for the right for guns - how is that more important than human lives.  Will never understand it.  RIP to all of the innocent victims.  Posting their names and photos as seeing the victim  just brings home the devastation of this.  They deserved so much better than to be taken from this world by a deranged gunman. 

Virginia Beach victims: One had four decades with the city; another was filing for a permit

One was a man who'd worked with Virginia Beach's public utilities department for 41 years. Another was a contractor who was just in the building to file for a permit.

Officials released the names Saturday of 12 people who were killed in Friday afternoon's shooting at Building 2 of the Virginia Beach Municipal Center.

All but one were employees of the city of Virginia Beach, City Manager Dave Hansen said.

Laquita C. Brown

The Chesapeake resident was a right-of-way agent who worked 4½ years for Virginia Beach's public works department.

Laquita C. Brown

Tara Welch Gallagher
The Virginia Beach resident was an engineer who worked six years for the city's public works department.
Tara Welch Gallagher

Mary Louise Gayle
The Virginia Beach resident was a right-of-way agent who worked 24 years for the city's public works department.
Mary Louise Gayle

Alexander Mikhail Gusev
The Virginia Beach resident was a right-of-way agent who worked nine years for the city's public works department.
Alexander Mikhail Gusev

Katherine A. Nixon
The Virginia Beach resident was an engineer who worked 10 years for the city's public utilities department.
Katherine A. Nixon

Richard H. Nettleton
The Norfolk resident was an engineer who worked 28 years for Virginia Beach's public utilities department.
Richard H. Nettleton

Christopher Kelly Rapp
The Powhatan resident was an engineer who had worked 11 months in Virginia Beach's public works department.
Members of Tidewater Pipes & Drums on Saturday remembered him in a Facebook post.
"Chris recently moved to Virginia Beach and immediately joined the band after learning how to play the bagpipes from our friends in the Greater Richmond Pipes & Drums," the post said. "He was quiet but had a passion for the pipes and Scottish culture."
"Peace be with his wife, Bessie, and their loved ones," the band members added.
Christopher Kelly Rapp

Ryan Keith Cox
The Virginia Beach resident was an account clerk who worked 12½ years in the public utilities department.
His brother, Ervin, posted photos and remembered him on Facebook.
"My heart is hurting because my baby brother was murdered today by the shooter in Virginia Beach mass shooting," he wrote.
"I won't hears his beautiful singing voice at church or home anymore. I loved my brother and will truly miss his caring soul. Until we meet again in heaven."

Ryan Keith Cox

Joshua O. Hardy
Hardy lived in Virginia Beach and worked as an engineering technician for 4½ years in the city's public utilities department.
Joshua O. Hardy

Michelle "Missy" Langer
The Virginia Beach resident was an administrative assistant who worked 12 years in the public utilities department.
Michelle "Missy" Langer

Robert "Bobby" Williams
The Chesapeake resident was a special projects coordinator who worked 41 years in Virginia Beach's public utilities department.
Robert "Bobby" Williams

Herbert "Bert" Snelling
The Virginia Beach resident was a contractor who was trying to fill a permit at the time of the shooting.
Virginia Beach Mayor Bobby Dyer told CNN that Snelling was a friend of his. He said he was devastated to learn on social media around midnight about his death.
"He started off as a carpenter that did work at (my) house, and then he became a friend. We socialized," Dyer said.
"He was just such a great guy. He was a consummate professional. He did great work. ... This really hits home with me."
They had met five years. A home repair job turned into happy hours and friendship. Their wives got together.
"It's just such a sense of loss and this didn't have to happen," he said.
Hansen told reporters Saturday that he'd worked with most of the slain, and that he'd served in the US military with Nettleton in Germany.
Herbert "Bert" Snelling

Guest eroticerotic

I'm curious to find out where the most crimes take place, as in democratic or republican led, how long they've represented, what the gun/weapon laws are in those regions. the history of the shooters. what was happening in pop culture during the influx of incidents. 

I started to do some research but it's going to require some time; this is going to be thesis level research. I think it's important to understand these things. I'm tired of hearing about these things and feeling helpless/uninformed. These things need to be looked into more.

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

There’s nothing left to say 

💔🙏🏼

There really isn't at this point. 

It's a shame nobody on either side of the fence really gives enough of a damn to do anything. It's disgusting and absolutely shameful.

5 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

There’s nothing left to say 

💔🙏🏼

There isn't. People don't care. Well, enough of them anyway. This is America and this is how it will be until enough of us die.

3 hours ago, Showdown said:

I live in texas and can assure you people care more about guns than human lives. More thoughts and prayers i guess? 

There was an Australian reporter who went to Texas to cover that dreadful church shooting where 26 people were gunned down during the service. Interviewed survivors and witnesses.  He later was interviewed himself on tv about the horror of it all and he said the people were kind and wonderful to him but he was shocked that they changed a lot when he mentioned the topic of gun control. Was annoyed with him for even suggesting it.  He said they had witnessed a shocking massacre where innocent people they knew and loved were violently killed but were more annoyed about the suggestion of gun control.  He even thought they were more passionate about their rights to own guns.  It was such a strange interview and I found it incredibly sad.  These heartbroken people who had lost loved ones in the most violent way and still were steadfast about not watering down gun laws. 

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

At least 20 dead. 😞 

So tragic and senseless. .  More innocent lives lost. 

1 hour ago, Nightshade said:

There isn't. People don't care. Well, enough of them anyway. This is America and this is how it will be until enough of us die.

😞  Shocking loss of innocent American lives.  

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

There was an Australian reporter who went to Texas to cover that dreadful church shooting where 26 people were gunned down during the service. Interviewed survivors and witnesses.  He later was interviewed himself on tv about the horror of it all and he said the people were kind and wonderful to him but he was shocked that they changed a lot when he mentioned the topic of gun control. Was annoyed with him for even suggesting it.  He said they had witnessed a shocking massacre where innocent people they knew and loved were violently killed but were more annoyed about the suggestion of gun control.  He even thought they were more passionate about their rights to own guns.  It was such a strange interview and I found it incredibly sad.  These heartbroken people who had lost loved ones in the most violent way and still were steadfast about not watering down gun laws. 

So tragic and senseless. .  More innocent lives lost. 

😞  Shocking loss of innocent American lives.  

Accurate...and Facebook has made it worse 

5 hours ago, Showdown said:

I live in texas and can assure you people care more about guns than human lives. More thoughts and prayers i guess? 

AMERICANS love their guns, no wonder they only mourn mass shootings for only a day or two and move on... 

What shocked me was that I didn't even get a news alert from the BBC for the first one. It's only when the second one happened that I got one. 

It's like the first one wasn't newsworthy enough as it's so frequent.

Don't know what else to say.