Another day. Another mass shooting in America.

Yet another mass shooting in the USA. Now journalists in their workplace gunned down.  :gross:

Maryland newspaper shooting: Man charged with murder after five are shot dead at Capital Gazette building

A man has been charged with five counts of first degree murder after a gunman carried out a rampage with a shotgun through a newsroom in the US, in one of the deadliest attacks on a media outlet in the country's history.

Jarrod Ramos, 38, from Laurel, about 40 kilometres west of Annapolis, has been charged with five counts of first degree murder, The Capital Gazette newspaper group reported. A bail hearing is expected to be held for him on Friday morning.

Ramos is accused of entering the Capital Gazette newspaper offices in Annapolis on Thursday and opening fire through a glass door, then spraying the newsroom with gunfire, according to police and a witness

Acting police chief of the Anne Arundel County Police Department, William Krampf, said assistant editor Rob Hiaasen, 59, was among the victims.

Wendi Winters, 65, Rebecca Smith, 34, Gerald Fischman, 61, and John McNamara were also killed. Ms Smith was a sales assistant and the others were journalists.

23 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yet another mass shooting in the USA. Now journalists in their workplace gunned down.  :gross:

Maryland newspaper shooting: Man charged with murder after five are shot dead at Capital Gazette building

A man has been charged with five counts of first degree murder after a gunman carried out a rampage with a shotgun through a newsroom in the US, in one of the deadliest attacks on a media outlet in the country's history.

Jarrod Ramos, 38, from Laurel, about 40 kilometres west of Annapolis, has been charged with five counts of first degree murder, The Capital Gazette newspaper group reported. A bail hearing is expected to be held for him on Friday morning.

Ramos is accused of entering the Capital Gazette newspaper offices in Annapolis on Thursday and opening fire through a glass door, then spraying the newsroom with gunfire, according to police and a witness

Acting police chief of the Anne Arundel County Police Department, William Krampf, said assistant editor Rob Hiaasen, 59, was among the victims.

Wendi Winters, 65, Rebecca Smith, 34, Gerald Fischman, 61, and John McNamara were also killed. Ms Smith was a sales assistant and the others were journalists.

Nobody cares when it's a non muslim or less than 15 dead.

So what happens now?
Another shooting in another mall
So what happens now?
Take your weapon out the door
Where am I going to?
You'll get by, you always have before
Where am I going to?

Don't go out anymore!

• 3 months later...

:cries:  These dreadful mass shooting keep occurring.  Will Americans that embrace and support gun culture and do not want any gun control ever see that they don't happen all the time in other  Countries ?  The racist appalling anti-Semitic views spewed out by the gunmen is equally frightening as these are the exact people that Trump has as his rabid supporters.   RIP all the innocent victims of this senesless, evil shooting.   You deserved so much better. 

This shooting took place not far from my workplace. It is tragic and extremely sad. The courage of the law enforcement agents who first arrived on the scene surely reduced the further loss of life that could have occurred.

Praying for the families of the victims, the law enforcement officers, the injured, and all who witnessed this horrible hatred. 

We don’t know everything yet, but the person who carried out this wicked act had social media posts criticizing the government and Trump. I don’t think we need to politicize this event. The shooter was filled with hatred for a people of faith and turned it into violence. That is reprehensible, and, regardless of how I feel about the current administration, I am glad that even the president and vice president were willing to call this act evil and say definitively that anti-semitism is wrong and has no place in our society. I didn’t watch the clip above, but I understand the president was already addressing a group in Indiana and made remarks at that gathering. They were considering cancelling a gathering elsewhere later in the day. (This was all reported on our local news in Pittsburgh. Have been watching a lot today, so that’s why I’m sharing this. I am not trying to defend, protect, or advance any political agenda. I just think false narratives can be spread so quickly on the internet. I live and work in this community, and this is what I have seen/heard on our local media, which i assume is more extensive than elsewhere. Still, details were developing, so more information may come to light later. The original death toll was 8 and increased to 11 mid-afternoon.)

Most of the victims were elderly people! 😞

The Tree of Life synagogue victims have been identified as:
Joyce Fienberg, 75
Richard Gottfried, 65
Rose Mallinger, 97
Jerry Rabinowitz, 66
Cecil Rosenthal, 59
David Rosenthal, 54
Bernice Simon, 84
Sylvan Simon, 86
Daniel Stein, 71
Melvin Wax, 88
Irving Younger, 69

5 hours ago, Magician said:

Most of the victims were elderly people! 😞

The Tree of Life synagogue victims have been identified as:
Joyce Fienberg, 75
Richard Gottfried, 65
Rose Mallinger, 97
Jerry Rabinowitz, 66
Cecil Rosenthal, 59
David Rosenthal, 54
Bernice Simon, 84
Sylvan Simon, 86
Daniel Stein, 71
Melvin Wax, 88
Irving Younger, 69

Poor people. So incredibly heart breaking and tragic.  These gun mass murders always are shocking in how one hateful evil person can just cause so much pain and have little respect for others.  People just harming no one having their lives taken away with such hated and violence. 

2 hours ago, Magician said:

:manson:

Why do these people never admit to the obvious. Why are people allowed to have high powered weapons to do this ?  If that conspiracy obsessed, hateful, racist nutcase did not own high powered weapons, he would not have been able to kill these innocent people in their synagogue. 

Also, the elevation of Fox News which is just a propaganda tv station aimed at the far right is disgusting. Trump basically only deals with them and people that watch never get an alternative viewpoint. Murdoch and his sons who own and run that vile tv station have so much to answer for. Why they are demonising other forms of media as well which Trump has exploited to his full advantage. 

The Counselor to the President of the United States is implying that people who work in the entertainment industry are to blame for acts of mass murder. Let that sink in. :manson:

Resultado de imagem para WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK GIF

It's sad to say, but we have to accept that these killings are going to happen on a regular basis and are now part of the DNA of the United States, because there is and there will never be any will to end them. The day a slaughter arrived in a elementary school and nothing has changed, it was the day when we had to forget all hope for change. It is tragic for the victims and their families as well as for all of our societies that let these tragedies happen without putting in place the necessary measures to avoid them. The blood of all the victims of these killings is on the hands of all Americans who continue to oppose regulating access to firearms. I can no longer stand to see everyone sending prayers and thoughts to the families of the victims. They are rather excuses that should be sent to them.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:28 AM, Martin B. said:

I can no longer stand to see everyone sending prayers and thoughts to the families of the victims.

The same cycle repeats itself whenever a mass shooting occurs. Everyone sends out thoughts and prayers, people proceed to debate one another on social media platforms, and then quickly forget about what happened until the next tragedy strikes. Meanwhile, Congress does nothing and crickets chirp. It's a whirlwind of stupidity.

This has got hardly any attention :manson: but is chilling and horrible.  

These are the women killed while practicing yoga yesterday by a far-right extremist and self-proclaimed misogynist who railed against women, black people, and immigrants in a series of online videos and songs.

CNN)Police have identified the women who were killed Friday when a gunman stormed a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, and opened fire.

Nancy Van Vessem was a doctor. Maura Binkley was a college student. Both were part of the Florida State University community.
Here's what we know about them:

Maura Binkley

Florida State University student Maura Binkley was a "beloved sister," her sorority said.

Florida State University student Maura Binkley was a "beloved sister," her sorority said.
Binkley was a 21-year-old student at Florida State, according to school President John Thrasher.
In a statement posted to its Facebook page, the Delta Delta Delta sorority called Binkley a "beloved sister."
She grew up in the Atlanta metro area and was known to friends and family for her compassion.
Her father, Jeff Binkley, told CNN his daughter "just radiated love for everybody."
"You could see her life shines through just about everybody she met," he said. "That's consolation to us."
After the Parkland school shooting in February, Binkley went to the state Capitol with the Parkland students and their families to lobby for change.
She later asked her father, "Dad, what can I do? What can I do about this?" he said.
"We talked about it never dreaming that it was going to be us," Jeff Binkley said.
The yoga studio where she was killed had been there for years, he said, and was right above one of his favorite restaurants to eat with Maura when he was in town.
"As a leader in the (Alpha Eta) chapter, Maura embodied the Tri Delta woman -- brave, bold and kind," the statement from President Kimberlee Sullivan said. "Our hearts are with her family, our sisters and the FSU community during this difficult time."
According to FSU's website, Binkley was studying for a double major in English and German.
Binkley spent this past summer studying at the University of Wuppertal in Germany, the website said, and she found the experience "so rewarding."
"Maura truly lived a life really devoted to peace, love and caring for others," Jeff Binkley told CNN affiliate WSB.
Her father said Binkley planned to graduate college in May and had been working on her Teach for America application.

Nancy Van Vessem

Dr. Nancy Van Vessem was chief medical director for Florida's Capital Health Plan.

Dr. Nancy Van Vessem was chief medical director for Florida's Capital Health Plan.
Van Vessem, 61, was a doctor who was chief medical director for Capital Health Plan, according to the Tallahassee Democrat. She was also a faculty member at Florida State, Thrasher said.
According to the Florida State College of Medicine's website, Van Vessem was in charge of coordinating third and fourth year clerkship rotations in internal medicine on the school's Tallahassee campus. She had gotten her medical degree from St. Louis University, the website said, and her research focus was "restructuring health care for people with multiple chronic diseases."
    Big Bend Hospice in Tallahassee shared a tribute to Van Vessem on its Facebook page, calling the doctor "a physician and leader who touched countless lives as Chief Medical Officer at Capital Health Plan."
    "Dr. Van Vessem was part of the Big Bend Hospice community," the statement said. "She was our friend and a champion for end-of-life care."

I read about it and precisely thought that being "only" two victims there wouln't make much news. But how gratuitous it is to be killed by a unhinged person with mysoginistic believes????? Poor women. And poor families. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I read about it and precisely thought that being "only" two victims there wouln't make much news. But how gratuitous it is to be killed by a unhinged person with mysoginistic believes????? Poor women. And poor families. 

Yes, that would be why.  It is scary too though that just like you pointed out,  the fact there is "only"  two victims and therefore hardly any attention shows just how dreadful this problem is.  Two perfectly innocent women minding their own business doing yoga classes are gunned down and killed by a misogynist racist hateful person who has been ranting and raving on social media.  And this man is allowed to own guns. Just madness thinking about it. 

The mass shootings are so constant that a lot of them go unnoticed because they have “only” a couple fatalities and there are bigger mass shootings getting the news. And even when there’s a huge mass shooting it falls off the news within a few days because there’s are a new big mass shooting somewhere in the country. I can’t imagine how the victims families feel getting brushed aside or ignored. Then to see a new horrific shooting happening nearly every day reminding them what happened to them and that the problem is persisting with absolutely nothing significant being done!

5 minutes ago, Magician said:

The mass shootings are so constant that a lot of them go unnoticed because they have “only” a couple fatalities and there are bigger mass shootings getting the news. And even when there’s a huge mass shooting it falls off the news within a few days because there’s are a new big mass shooting somewhere in the country. I can’t imagine how the victims families feel getting brushed aside or ignored. Then to see a new horrific shooting happening nearly every day reminding them what happened to them and that the problem is persisting with absolutely nothing significant being done!

The weird thing is that after these many decades there's still such a big support for arms. That it is not changing even though other things change! 

5 hours ago, Magician said:

Just heart breaking for the family and friends of shooting victims in America to have to put up with this.  Then to see nothing changing but every time people sending 'thoughts and prayers"   Admire the people trying so hard to change things.  

34 minutes ago, LSD said:

:megamanson:

The NRA is always far more concerned about the rights of anyone to own guns than any victim of a shooting. Doctors, nurses, surgeons, emergency workers, paramedics would have to deal with seeing and treating injured and deceased people through gun violence continually and also see the trauma of it everyday. 

Police ID suspect in shooting that left 12 dead at California bar

Ventura County Sheriff's Office confirmed a suspect killed 11 bar-goers and a law enforcement officer in a shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California. Reporters say students were attending a college night event at the bar when the shooting took place. The suspect is now dead.

Another day. Another mass shooting in the good ole US of A.  So sorry for the innocent lives lost to yet again another senseless tragedy.

I don't know what to even say anymore. 

Something is wrong with American society. This isn't happening in any other developed nation. 

Once again "thoughts and prayers" will be offered and not much else. 

So tired of this happening.