Another day. Another mass shooting in America.

Was it talked about yet that there was an armed guard at the time of the shooting at the school and he froze scared shitless and did NOTHING!

I can't at people thinking arming teachers is a good idea.  Most of these mass killers know by and large that they are going on pretty much a suicide mission (aside from this rare instance where the guy lived) but do they really think knowing there might be an armed Math teacher is really going to make them give a shit?  

And I hate to say it but human nature says that most teachers who are armed are not going to go storming out of a classroom to look for and shoot down the killer.  Most will shut their door, tell the kids to get down, as they hide behind their desk aiming their gun at the closed classroom door waiting in fear hoping the killer happens to pass by so he or she can get a shot off.

Meanwhile everyone else is still being slaughtered.  

and this is the uber-shit I read on a wednesday morning. Its 6 am, so very early, who knows what kind of news I am gonna read yet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5443307/Alaska-congressman-says-guns-couldve-prevented-Holocaust.html?ito=social-facebook

'How many Jews were in the ovens because they were unarmed?' Alaska congressman sparks outrage by suggesting Holocaust victims may have survived if they had guns

• Alaska congressman Don Young said the Holocaust could have been prevented by arming Jews
  • 'How many Jews were put in the ovens because they were unarmed?' he asked 
  • His comment came in response to a question about arming school teachers 
  • He is currently up for reelection and is running against Democrat Dimitri Shein 

5 hours ago, jaron said:

at one point this woman is right, TVs love their ratings, and they do everything for their ratings.

This woman should be ashamed of herself. She’s defending her greedy ass as if she truly believes she’s guilt free. This woman’s hands are full of blood. This woman makes a profit out of mass shootings. Never forget that.

They can’t say mass shootings are fake news so now they’re saying the media loves mass shootings. 

Truth is people are saddened and outraged by them. Don’t get it twisted. 

This is a step in the right direction?, I guess? :dazed:

Dick's Sporting Goods, A Top Gun Seller, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles.

The company said it would also not sell guns to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/coralewis/dicks-sporting-goods-a-top-gun-seller-will-stop-selling?utm_term=.doApKXvzAk#.jpGwZpWG1Y

1 hour ago, mamifero said:

This is a step in the right direction?, I guess? :dazed:

Dick's Sporting Goods, A Top Gun Seller, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles.

The company said it would also not sell guns to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/coralewis/dicks-sporting-goods-a-top-gun-seller-will-stop-selling?utm_term=.doApKXvzAk#.jpGwZpWG1Y

Yes it is. More and more companies should join in. If the government won’t solve this gun control issue someone else got to do it. People alone don’t have the resources and the power. These big companies selling guns have blood in their hands too. It’s about time they take responsibility and change things. Hopefully this is the beginning of something. 

• 2 weeks later...

Im so happy to see that there have been so many protests regarding the issue of gun control and that these kids didnt die in vain. Its good to see that its still a talking point after a month and wasnt just considered yet another school shooting. I fear that due to the frequency of these shootings that the public were just going to become complacent towards the whole thing. America needs to take Australia's lead and do something about it and quickly. Very sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely dreadful how Trump supporters and NRA supporters are targeting Parkland students who actually went through having their classmates killed in front of them at school.  The continual false calling of David Hogg as a nazi for daring to speak out for gun control is nauseating, bullying and nothing short of disgusting.  These people and the fox reporters who are doing this should hang their heads in shame.   These people are more outraged and angry at David Hogg campaigning for gun control than they are at the shooter who gunned down 17 innocent people.   They love their guns more than their children.  

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, horn said:

And this piece of shit said Paris attack could have been avoided if everyone has a gun so that they could kill the terrorist first :manson: 

Macron should completely berate Trump for his dreadful and insensitive comments about the French terrorist attacks.  People sadly just accept Trump's disgusting and insensitive conduct, behaviour and flaming speeches.  It is frightening that his type of blustering and offensive talk has become somewhat normal talk for a USA president and people just shrug it off.  

22 hours ago, horn said:

People who encourage violence should not be nominated for Nobel Peace Prize.

I agree. How can you be Pro-Gun and be nomitated (and eventually win) for the Nobel Prize is beyond me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19 May 2018 at 10:13 AM, Hector said:

😔

F5A442D1-08E9-43EC-A9F5-8A95DE0B91C7.jpeg

So dreadful, heart breaking and frustrating.  Wake up America, join the rest of the world who don't worship guns. Your citizens deserve better than to be ruled by gun fanatics who care more about a law written to suit past days than innocent people being killed for nothing. 

Today Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick blamed school shootings on:
■ violent video games
■ removing religion from schools
■ abortions and "broken families"
■ irresponsible gun owners
■ too many entrances to schools
■ unarmed teachers

:manson: !!! The problem is never the guns! Guns which are rampant and easily available. Their solution is for more people to be armed with guns. The deep gun culture here in America is :sick: !!!

Guest jamesshot

This happened 25 miles south of where I live. I have a teacher friend who works next door to the high school at Santa Fe Junior High. Needless to say, this has sent shock waves through Trump country. Will it change anything? Nope. As you can see from the conservative responses, the solution will never have anything to do with stricter gun laws which MOST people want. But, a few of those in the community who are very conservative also love their kids and never thought this could happen there. This shook them to reexamine their priorities if only for a moment. Supposedly (I didn't see it) an Alex Jones fan who has a child who attends SFHS was on the news saying he better not say THIS was fake. 

On 5/20/2018 at 8:28 PM, Hector said:

■ violent video games
■ unarmed teachers

:manson: !!! The problem is never the guns! Guns which are rampant and easily available. Their solution is for more people to be armed with guns. The deep gun culture here in America is :sick: !!!

Jesus Christ. 🙄

On 5/21/2018 at 5:28 AM, Hector said:

■ violent video games
■ unarmed teachers

OMG, is this a joke or is the Texas Dov. a madman???? Those are some pretty lame "reasons". Religion in big doses could lead to terror. Abortion is in what way connected to shooting? Unarmed teachers??? Since when is holding a gun in a teachers job description. Ridiculous!