MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
systemvalues

Does M have money off-shore?

I was watching tv news and, suddenly, M'S name (together with Bono) was brought in a report stating that she has money off-shore to avoid tax payments. M is not very present in italian news for her music or charity work, but now they focused on her..p.s.:  at least they used videos from the RH promotion and she was glowing

I am surfing news website and I read " she has indirectly (sic) shares of a medical company"..so not an  avoiding taxes action, but they use her name of course..the other famous are Queen Elisabeth, Queen Noor, some politicians, etc. 

I've just heard the news too. They just mentioned her name without further details. ...I am sure she is just indirectly involved in this. ...but oh well mentioning her name always works for clickbaits. 

55 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

I am surfing news website and I read " she has indirectly (sic) shares of a medical company"..so not an  avoiding taxes action, but they use her name of course..the other famous are Queen Elisabeth, Queen Rania, some politicians, etc. 

see that already makes it different

Her name wasn't mentioned at all in the UK media. They talked about the queen of course and other very rich people involved in politics. Only pop star that was mentioned was Bono. 

2 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Her name wasn't mentioned at all in the UK media. They talked about the queen of course and other very rich people involved in politics. Only pop star that was mentioned was Bono. 

Yes I've only seen the Queen and someone in Justin Trudeau's cabinet.

investment in a medical company that makes syringes in june 1998....that's all they manage to come up with ? 

5 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

investment in a medical company that makes syringes in june 1998....that's all they manage to come up with ? 

They are so biased when it comes to her..

2 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

They are so biased when it comes to her..

Especially in the Italian media

They made her the prime subject

25 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

Ok 

16D6C7A0-2106-4B91-93A9-7450270D8087.gif

:chuckle:

7 minutes ago, XXL said:

a lot of italian gaga fans i guess?

21 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Yeah, it closed in 2013, and they name a business manager, Shari Goldschmidt...

can someone enlighten me on this? could this be a dangerous thing? as in jail time for our fav celebs like martha stewart? they say they're gonna name more people tuesday 

26 minutes ago, XXL said:

And we know why....

13 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I guess this will most likely delay the new album

The only thing that will delay that is the film. 

19 minutes ago, Nikki said:

can someone enlighten me on this? could this be a dangerous thing? as in jail time for our fav celebs like martha stewart? they say they're gonna name more people tuesday 

No. They've just said that in the queen's case nothing illegal had taken place, it's more that it's now considered bad that rich people are avoiding tax by hiding money off shore. In the case of take that and others recently, they just got a large tax bill.

Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is not.

18 minutes ago, Nikki said:

This is about the "Panama Papers" but it clarifies a bit i think...

Offshore Banking Isn’t Illegal. Hiding It Is

How Offshore Banking Works

First, let’s cut out all of the movie-style words like, “stash,” “hide” or even “offshore bank account.” Using the services of a bank outside of your home country isn’t illegal. And although the term “offshore” literally applies in some cases – like the Bahamas – if you’re doing business with Canada, chances are you could drive there.

The practice isn’t just for the wealthy. Some foreign banks will take as little as $300 of your money and start an account. Like banks everywhere, those overseas set their own account minimums and other terms related to customers’ accounts. (See also: How to Open and Access an Offshore Bank Account.)

On the other hand, some foreign banks won’t do business with any foreign clients because there’s a lot more compliance that goes along with it. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) have rules that require banks to report information about their foreign customers. Each country complies with these laws differently. Some countries don’t comply at all.

What Makes It Illegal?

There’s nothing illegal about establishing an offshore account unless you do it with the intent of tax evasion. The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) requires banks around the world to report balances and any activity of American citizens to the IRS or face fines. (See also: The Tax Implications of Opening a Foreign Bank Account.)

Some U.S. firms that hold foreign money claim to use a team of lawyers to make sure individuals and companies are reporting their foreign activity to their home country properly and legally.

Inevitably, there will be people who use the system to profit illegally. Around hundreds of millions in illicit funds flow through the United States, according to the United Nations. Switzerland reportedly still keeps mum about a significant amount of secret money.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/managing-wealth/042916/offshore-banking-isnt-illegal-hiding-it.asp?adtest=mobile-lazy-load-1

1 hour ago, systemvalues said:

I was watching tv news and, suddenly, M'S name (together with Bono) was brought in a report stating that she has money off-shore to avoid tax payments. M is not very present in italian news for her music or charity work, but now they focused on her..p.s.:  at least they used videos from the RH promotion and she was glowing

That's the spirit, always see the bright side (of bad news) lol :lmao: