MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Coffin

Radio interview on the MDNA album with Larry Flick

I love it when she talked about how the ancient cultures interpreted wedding as a funeral-like moment or something like that!

Good interview. I think he takes this interview a little too deep, but it's better than the fluff questions she normally gets. Larry da bomb.

4 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Good interview. I think he takes this interview a little too deep, but it's better than the fluff questions she normally gets. Larry da bomb.

He even mentioned "Little Star" at some point!

She should give more interviews of the sort. She has a lot to say about her work and interviewers generally can't get her to anwser anything substantial, they antagonise her.

I love this interview.  She just talked about the making of the record and not boring everyday topics.  Hope she remembers how she said how frustrating directing a movie is and concentrates instead on making a record. :lol:

Loved both his and her descriptions of Gang Bang.  

3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

He even mentioned "Little Star" at some point!

Yes, comparing little star and Superstar.  Love it. 

On 3 November 2017 at 10:18 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

I love it when she talked about how the ancient cultures interpreted wedding as a funeral-like moment or something like that!

Yes !  This interview really is Madonna Gold.  Plus Larry obviously is a fan, knows his Madonna "homework" so to speak and asks interesting questions.  Does not interrupt her either and lets her speak. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes !  This interview really is Madonna Gold.  Plus Larry obviously is a fan, knows his Madonna "homework" so to speak and asks interesting questions.  Does not interrupt her either and lets her speak. 

More DEEP interviews like this please! 

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

More DEEP interviews like this please! 

Yes please. 

Have a Dreadful feeling though that her next interviews are all going to be about becoming a mother again, how she juggles motherhood and career etc. Seems to be the go to topics for female celebrities nowadays.  Let's hope she sits down with Larry again.  I liked how he wanted to discuss so many specific songs. Gang Bang, Superstar, I don't give a f, Falling free and the connection with cinema with Martin Solveig for beautiful killer.  

Would have loved an in depth interview like this about certain songs from Rebel Heart.  Wanted to know more about the songs themselves and how Madonna felt about them. Her music is fascinating and needs to be discussed in more detail with her. 

9 hours ago, loowee said:

poor MDNA. nobody here gives a shit.:provoke:

I think it’s great and I have good memories of it. I just prefer some of her other albums. 

Hey at least half of MDNA is pretty fantastic & the tour is legendary....

The interview is great too:excl:

At least MDNA sold TWICE of Rebel Heart..

On 05/11/2017 at 5:08 AM, dollhouse said:

At least MDNA sold TWICE of Rebel Heart..

Maybe so, but I think RH is the better album. It’s magificent. 

Thank you CrystalCoffin that was a great listen

On 4 November 2017 at 3:53 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes please. 

Have a Dreadful feeling though that her next interviews are all going to be about becoming a mother again, how she juggles motherhood and career etc. Seems to be the go to topics for female celebrities nowadays.  Let's hope she sits down with Larry again.  I liked how he wanted to discuss so many specific songs. Gang Bang, Superstar, I don't give a f, Falling free and the connection with cinema with Martin Solveig for beautiful killer.  

Would have loved an in depth interview like this about certain songs from Rebel Heart.  Wanted to know more about the songs themselves and how Madonna felt about them. Her music is fascinating and needs to be discussed in more detail with her. 

@Jazzy Jan - Madonna's music making is fascinating, you are right. I don't want to sound like a 'bad fan' (and you know I'm not), but I don't give a rat's ass about her private life, what motherhood means to Madonna, what products she's peddling to make me look 5 years younger and hundreds of dollars poorer, ad neuseum.

Her craft. Her music. Her inner workings through her craft. That has always intrigued me. And still does.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

@Jazzy Jan - Madonna's music making is fascinating, you are right. I don't want to sound like a 'bad fan' (and you know I'm not), but I don't give a rat's ass about her private life, what motherhood means to Madonna, what products she's peddling to make me look 5 years younger and hundreds of dollars poorer, ad neuseum.

Her craft. Her music. Her inner workings through her craft. That has always intrigued me. And still does.

image.jpeg

You are definitely not a "bad fan"  :thumbsup: You know and love her music as well as anyone.  

I love hearing about how she makes her music and her personal feelings about songs and what the lyrics meaning is to her. We all put our own personal take and feelings to songs of course but love knowing what her thoughts and intentions are. 

On 11/4/2017 at 7:31 AM, the-queen said:

I think it’s great and I have good memories of it. I just prefer some of her other albums. 

All of this....  personally... I prefer MDNA to the Like a Virgin Album.   A ton of songs so people that bitch about a couple of tracks that they don't like is a bit overkill....  Some stellar music on the record... Single choices were questionable but fantastic record....Love Spent, Masterpiece, Falling Free, and Beautiful Killer alone are worth the price of admission.  

I think the album would have done better in 2010.