MadonnaNation.com Forums
Genevieve Vavance

Madonna photographed on a commercial airplane flight - Oct. 31, 2017

:inlove: Just another case of 'walk the walk'  instead of just talk the talk. Good for her! And good it's being recognized. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/madonna-economy-class-flight-air-portugal-material-girl-not-about-cost-trendy-a8036106.html

Madonna’s recent economy class flight was not about cost – she just wanted to look hip

Just like Rihanna using the tube, the Material Girl has finally realised that travelling in close proximity to the public is good for your brand

Janet Street-Porter 

Friday 3 November 2017 16:48 GMT

There has been much amusement at the sight of Madonna (net worth £580m) taking a budget flight from Lisbon to London, but I am not sure why.

I’ll bet her decision was not about cost, but appearing on-trend. Air Portugal is by far the cheapest option on this route, with tickets costing from £42 in economy. Madge could have chosen Easyjet, Ryanair or British Airways but they all cost more for the 2 hour 40 minute flight.

I suspect the Material Girl has finally realised that travelling in close proximity to the public is good for your brand – Rihanna set the benchmark by travelling to her sold out O2 gig on the underground in 2011, and then did it again in 2013. On each occasion she stood for the entire journey wearing high heels and dark glasses and posed for countless pictures with fans. Each journey was a brilliant PR event which sent social media into a frenzy.

Chris Martin and Jay Z (wearing a heavy gold chain, not something I’d recommend for the outer reaches of zone 6) followed suit, and Harry Styles, Emma Watson and Eddie Redmayne have all been snapped using public transport.

Guess what? Famous people regularly go shopping too – I am amused by an anecdote I once heard of a celebrity followed to the supermarket checkout by a fan, who then complained “I can’t believe all you’re buying is toilet rolls!”. They received the answer “isn’t it extraordinary – I sh*t, just like everyone else”.

12 minutes ago, Hector said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/madonna-economy-class-flight-air-portugal-material-girl-not-about-cost-trendy-a8036106.html

Madonna’s recent economy class flight was not about cost – she just wanted to look hip

Just like Rihanna using the tube, the Material Girl has finally realised that travelling in close proximity to the public is good for your brand

Janet Street-Porter 

There has been much amusement at the sight of Madonna (net worth £580m) taking a budget flight from Lisbon to London, but I am not sure why.

I’ll bet her decision was not about cost, but appearing on-trend. Air Portugal is by far the cheapest option on this route, with tickets costing from £42 in economy. Madge could have chosen Easyjet, Ryanair or British Airways but they all cost more for the 2 hour 40 minute flight.

I suspect the Material Girl has finally realised that travelling in close proximity to the public is good for your brand – Rihanna set the benchmark by travelling to her sold out O2 gig on the underground in 2011, and then did it again in 2013. On each occasion she stood for the entire journey wearing high heels and dark glasses and posed for countless pictures with fans. Each journey was a brilliant PR event which sent social media into a frenzy.

Chris Martin and Jay Z (wearing a heavy gold chain, not something I’d recommend for the outer reaches of zone 6) followed suit, and Harry Styles, Emma Watson and Eddie Redmayne have all been snapped using public transport.

Guess what? Famous people regularly go shopping too – I am amused by an anecdote I once heard of a celebrity followed to the supermarket checkout by a fan, who then complained “I can’t believe all you’re buying is toilet rolls!”. They received the answer “isn’t it extraordinary – I sh*t, just like everyone else”.

rihanna didnt start anything

21 minutes ago, Hector said:

Janet Street-Porter 

Stupid article

Janet Street Porter has been bitter about Madonna's continued success and relevance for years now

Unsurprising

She was also one of the holier than thou hosts chastising her for her Interview magazine topless shoot in  Dec 2014

One of those dreadful TV morning shows

She seemed to adore her in that cheap BBC1 There's Only One Madonna docu back in 2001

Remember these from 2014?

9d241c9ba5cde8fc29a3263888626f96-1.jpg

35c3719302bb3ce9a589a84c67aa425d-1.jpg

uh..M started the whole Famous Celebrities Doing Mundane Stuff -trend with her fabulous car wash

carwash.jpg

Shes been travelling in commercia plane for years, she is just very discreet about it

7 hours ago, Nikki said:

rihanna didnt start anything

They manage to turn everything against her. Vile creatures. There's ONE Foto of the incident and there's a good chance it would have gone unnoticed or she wouldn't have been fotographed at all. But yes, it's been a PR stunt obviously. Notice how she follows Rihanna's footsteps and dresses up, ready to take pics with a lot of fans to spread on Instagram...

she's a journalist from england so she KNOWS she's lying. madonna has been hanging out in pubs, riding her bike, and jogging and being really normal in London for more than 10 years.

like.. this is just so try hard 

She rides her bike to concerts: 

D50427F3-B595-416C-8F39-3E40C97F0DAA.jpeg

Walks in to venues in Taiwan: 

E3460394-EF64-43D1-9774-EB228049283E.jpeg

And obviously feeds the chickens:  :chuckle:  

5728B070-6B18-4EC5-B6DC-8AB5D419EE9C.jpeg

18 hours ago, Hector said:

Janet Street-Porter 

:lmao:

Sorry Riri but Madonna took the subway first. 

On 11/1/2017 at 6:51 AM, Mmmmm said:

How do we know this is “1st class” we go for the cheapest seats! Lol 

Yeah no shit. My seats are almost outside, would fly on the wing if it was cheaper!

And that totally looks like first class.  Most economy seats its someone else almost sitting on your lap and your legs and the next persons legs *must* be touching.