MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cailohfornia

Drowned World Tour HBO Broadcast & DVD

Guest cailohfornia

It’s been about 14 years since I have first watched the DWT concert video and I have been so obsessed by it and about the tour since then. I just think it’s one of Madonna’s best creative efforts and one of her most serious.

But why oh why did HBO (or whoever was in charge — looking at you Marty Callner) choose the August 26 Detroit concert date for the TV broadcast in which her hair looks unkept/minimally done and her makeup was, well, kinda nonexistent/lacking. I have tried to conform with this but I just can’t be fully satisfied although the show is so brilliant. 

I mean look at her during the HBO pre-show special interview above (looks like it was before the Philadelphia show). Where was that look for the TV broadcast!? Why didn’t they choose that show cause IMO hair + makeup look so good!

Also... I wonder if we are ever gonna get leaks of the concert footages or one of the European concert dates they showed on that same pre-show special where she was wearing the red kilt + fierce straight hair. 

Ugh forever unsatisfied with the Detroit show. Yes crucify me it’s okay because I know they could’ve used a venue where she looked much better... it could’ve been better.

If any of you Madonna loons have info with this let us know! 

Well the previous night was also filmed by HBO as a back up in case anything went wrong on the night. These are the press pics...

13_detroit_001.jpg13_detroit_002.jpg13_detroit_003.jpg13_detroit_004.jpg13_detroit_005.jpg

Much better look as you can see (although still not as good as the Euro dates look)

So that's something else that's sitting in a vault rotting somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well the previous night was also filmed by HBO as a back up in case anything went wrong on the night. These are the press pics...

13_detroit_001.jpg13_detroit_002.jpg13_detroit_003.jpg13_detroit_004.jpg13_detroit_005.jpg

Much better look as you can see (although still not as good as the Euro dates look)

:lol:

Guest cailohfornia

1 hour ago, Kim said:

@Kim 

YOU JUST MADE MY HEAD SPIN.

Are you serious!? I know for GST they did this backup filmed show idea. But wow! 

Yes the look is so much better. The hair most of all — been so obsessed with the Music era straightened hair since I’ve seen photos of other DWT shows.

THERE IS HOPE. I WILL PAY FOR ANYTHING TO HAVE THE BACKUP SHOW LEAKED! I’m crying.

They could use the footage of dancers for the DVD

Guest cailohfornia

@M_Sinner Yup. I liked the animé backdrop though but we still could’ve seen all that behind the dancers.

Ugh this tour was everything.

Guest cailohfornia
30 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

The audience in Europe was in insane, but of course they went with an American show for the filming.

The Philadelphia show’s crowd was wild and her energy was up 5 notches. Wish they could’ve filmed that for the HBO broadcast 😭

Guest cailohfornia

Forgot about this but this was the "promotional montage" for the DWT DVD and the audio seems to be from the August 25th show -- the night before the actual HBO broadcast. It's fascinating hearing Niki's similar opening introduction the night before although the one on the HBO broadcast had much more flow and energy.

SOMEONE LEAK THE AUGUST 25TH SHOW THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY FILMED TOO BY HBO FOR BACKUP. 

10 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

The Philadelphia show’s crowd was wild and her energy was up 5 notches. Wish they could’ve filmed that for the HBO broadcast 😭

But still general admission makes a difference on video 

Guest cailohfornia
57 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

But still general admission makes a difference on video 

Ah the Barcelona show! Full of energy from the crowd... almost roaring. I suppose you have a point 👍🏼

Forever in love with these European shows of the DWT. Barcelona + Paris!

3 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

SOMEONE LEAK THE AUGUST 25TH SHOW THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY FILMED TOO BY HBO FOR BACKUP. 

There's no "supposedly" about it. They filmed it. The cameras were there filming it, they announced they were filming it. We had a forum just like this one back then too, where we discussed DWT to death, just as we still do with her new tours.

We all hoped they would put night 1 on the DVD, but they didn't. 

Why did they use the Holiday audio from night 1 for the promo? Nobody knows.

Will it ever leak? Probably not in Madonna's lifetime.

The HBO back up show of U2's latest tour leaked, but that was because it was already in the digital realm and because their original air date changed because of the Paris bombings (and they have kind fans that don't hold onto stuff for years and years unlike Madonna's selfish fans)

It's cute that you're learning new stuff we've all known forever ....I suppose.

1 hour ago, cailohfornia said:

Ah the Barcelona show! Full of energy from the crowd... almost roaring. I suppose you have a point 👍🏼

Forever in love with these European shows of the DWT. Barcelona + Paris!

Yes I was in Paris, my first ever general admission show second row. It was insane and she was on fire. 

Guest cailohfornia
4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes I was in Paris, my first ever general admission show second row. It was insane and she was on fire. 

YOU ARE NOW ONE THE OF THE OBJECTS OF MY ENVY. What a night it must have been! Yay! 🙌🏼

Guest cailohfornia
45 minutes ago, Kim said:

There's no "supposedly" about it. They filmed it. The cameras were there filming it, they announced they were filming it. We had a forum just like this one back then too, where we discussed DWT to death, just as we still do with her new tours.

We all hoped they would put night 1 on the DVD, but they didn't. 

Why did they use the Holiday audio from night 1 for the promo? Nobody knows.

Will it ever leak? Probably not in Madonna's lifetime.

The HBO back up show of U2's latest tour leaked, but that was because it was already in the digital realm and because their original air date changed because of the Paris bombings (and they have kind fans that don't hold onto stuff for years and years unlike Madonna's selfish fans)

It's cute that you're learning new stuff we've all known forever ....I suppose.

Well... bummer.

Guess I’ll just have to unearth all the previous threads containing minute details and trivial things that I had never known about lol! That’s cute too I guess teehee.

Selfish fans? No. Obsessive and crazy and can’t get enough of this bitch may better suffice. Speaking for myself only of course.

The more (Madonna) I can get my hands on the better (no?). Aka selfish as fuck lol! Yet again speaking for myself only of course.

And please don’t be ageist towards me. Madonna wouldn’t appreciate condescension despite however much information one possesses (unless that’s how they really are then oh well). I’m young and super clueless, you’re older and wiser. Cool! Def makes you more of a bonafide Madonna fan than I am for sure. Just because I’m discovering all these details about Madonna doesn’t mean I’m to be pet like a dewey wide-eyed little boy. Or maybe I am? LOL Oh well...

Nevertheless THANK YOU FOR ALL THE AMAZING INFORMATION YOU’VE GIVEN SO FAR SIR. Truly appreciate the Madonnacation I’ve been given so far on this forum.

Muchos besitos 👍🏼🌹😭

42 minutes ago, cailohfornia said:

Well... bummer.

Guess I’ll just have to unearth all the previous threads containing minute details and trivial things that I had never known about lol! That’s cute too I guess teehee.

Selfish fans? No. Obsessive and crazy and can’t get enough of this bitch may better suffice. Speaking for myself only of course.

The more (Madonna) I can get my hands on the better (no?). Aka selfish as fuck lol! Yet again speaking for myself only of course.

And please don’t be ageist towards me. Madonna wouldn’t appreciate condescension despite however much information one possesses (unless that’s how they really are then oh well). I’m young and super clueless, you’re older and wiser. Cool! Def makes you more of a bonafide Madonna fan than I am for sure. Just because I’m discovering all these details about Madonna doesn’t mean I’m to be pet like a dewey wide-eyed little boy. Or maybe I am? LOL Oh well...

Nevertheless THANK YOU FOR ALL THE AMAZING INFORMATION YOU’VE GIVEN SO FAR SIR. Truly appreciate the Madonnacation I’ve been given so far on this forum.

Muchos besitos 👍🏼🌹😭

Well threads from the time are long gone and on a previous incarnation of mnation, but yes, I'm pretty sure the DWT appreciation thread was still active only a few weeks ago. Plenty of info there and some people I guess don't necessarily want to repeat what they've already written. I did though, in order to give you some info. 

The selfish Madonna fans I'm talking about are the ones who HAVE this kind of rare material in their possession but keep it to themselves (with some exceptions of course) This is a peculiarity of Madonna fans I've found. Most other fan-bases share just about everything in the spirit of fandom. The U2 concert being a case in point. It was shared immediately for free. If it were Madonna, fans would be selling it for 5k among themselves. 

New fans come in all ages. I've no idea how old you are, but I like your enthusiasm and find it cute. "I suppose" being a play on your "supposedly".

I don't give out fake info though, so yes, there's no "supposedly" about it.

And the teacher really doesn't have to explain himself to the student, so keep quiet in class.... :newspaper:

Her hair on the hbo show was very Carmela Soprano! Hahah LOVE IT!

Guest cailohfornia
5 hours ago, Kim said:

Well threads from the time are long gone and on a previous incarnation of mnation, but yes, I'm pretty sure the DWT appreciation thread was still active only a few weeks ago. Plenty of info there and some people I guess don't necessarily want to repeat what they've already written. I did though, in order to give you some info. 

The selfish Madonna fans I'm talking about are the ones who HAVE this kind of rare material in their possession but keep it to themselves (with some exceptions of course) This is a peculiarity of Madonna fans I've found. Most other fan-bases share just about everything in the spirit of fandom. The U2 concert being a case in point. It was shared immediately for free. If it were Madonna, fans would be selling it for 5k among themselves. 

New fans come in all ages. I've no idea how old you are, but I like your enthusiasm and find it cute. "I suppose" being a play on your "supposedly".

I don't give out fake info though, so yes, there's no "supposedly" about it.

And the teacher really doesn't have to explain himself to the student, so keep quiet in class.... :newspaper:

Amen. And alright I see! Ready for more information from you if anything.

Thank you again @Kim and ignore my rant — just a petty 12 year old rant hehe. 

But wait, THERE ARE ACTUALLY FANS WHO HAVE, SAY, THOSE OTHER DWT PRO SHOT FOOTAGES IN FULL OR SOMETHING... but don’t wanna share it? Omg.

Anyway have a great day 😊

Guest cailohfornia
2 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

Her hair on the hbo show was very Carmela Soprano! Hahah LOVE IT!

MV5BMTQ1MDM5MDQyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTIw

Omg yeah huh? The accuracy.

Also very Amber Leighton 🤧

We already discussed many times the real inspiration for ther hair

David_Bowie_July_1974-1.jpg

This is also from the same tour she went to in Detroit back in 1974. 

Edited by cosmic_system

20 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The audience in Europe was in insane, but of course they went with an American show for the filming.

The first concert in Barcelona was the most thrilling and incredible audience I have ever experienced in my life. The moment she appeared singing Drowned World I thought it was the end of the world. I recall I shouted from the very top of my lungs and I was unable to hear myself. The crowd didn't stop SHOUTING AND CLAPPING until the interlude. 

42 minutes ago, cailohfornia said:

But wait, THERE ARE ACTUALLY FANS WHO HAVE, SAY, THOSE OTHER DWT PRO SHOT FOOTAGES IN FULL OR SOMETHING... but don’t wanna share it? Omg.

Yes.

3 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

MV5BMTQ1MDM5MDQyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTIw

Omg yeah huh? The accuracy.

Also very Amber Leighton 🤧

Hahahaha!!! That’s it!!! I love Carmela!!