MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

The CAMPAIGN & PETITION for a 20th anniversary RAY OF LIGHT deluxe release #ROL20deluxe

On 2/18/2018 at 7:17 PM, cosmic_system said:

Well they released a 20th anniversary 4 discs edition for Titanic last year. Just saying. 

Without Celine Dion though. I mean, what's the point in missing off the huge hit that sold the soundtrack 20 years ago?

3 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Without Celine Dion though. I mean, what's the point in missing off the huge hit that sold the soundtrack 20 years ago?

Well everybody has that Celine song. People were interested in the complete score. 

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Well everybody has that Celine song. People were interested in the complete score. 

I’m not personally bothered about the soundtrack or the exclusion of Celine’s song. I just read a few complaints about it not being included.

I have questions about the outfits she wore on the album cover and Frozen single. 

Who's the designers? 

I guess they were selected to match the 'fluidness' of the album. Or was it all just random? am i reading too much into it?

1 hour ago, GOD said:

I have questions about the outfits she wore on the album cover and Frozen single. 

Who's the designers? 

I guess they were selected to match the 'fluidness' of the album. Or was it all just random? am i reading too much into it?

The album cover is a trench coat by Dolce & Gabbana.

Also getting confused about the release date?? I thought it was March 3rd, so was it released a whole week earlier in some markets?? Europe had a Friday release, the UK used to be the Monday after and last was usually Tuesday in the US?? 

Yup- in the US it was release 3/3/98 (M was into Numerology more than ever back then and she said 3 is a lucky number).

In the rest of the markets it was released on the 22 of February. Illegal music sharing didnt spread the way it did just after- there was no Napster yet or any peer to peer sharing platforms. Only US avid fans with fast connections and a lot of "megabites" would be willing to look through Fan forums for links of to download very large .WAV files (and poor sounding) clips of songs.

I still remember walking to the record store to buy Ray of Light... after so much ancitipation (Frozen single, video, Roxy performance, article, and interviews) the build up couldnt have been more amazing. I feel lucky to have lived through it. 

30 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Is there a picture of the coat in full?

No, there isn’t. I thought it was a dress but Stefano Gabbana told me years ago on instagram it was actually a coat. 

30 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Also getting confused about the release date?? I thought it was March 3rd, so was it released a whole week earlier in some markets?? Europe had a Friday release, the UK used to be the Monday after and last was usually Tuesday in the US?? 

Japan February 22

Europe (Italy, Germany, France etc) February 27 

UK March 2

USA March 3

Edited by cosmic_system

57 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

No, there isn’t. I thought it was a dress but Stefano Gabbana told me years ago on instagram it was actually a coat. 

Yeah its that sheer vinyl looking dress then i think at the last minute they decided to add the coat

I hope u guys on Social Media r letting him know we we DESERVE

Anniversary Editions and not a 20th anniversary commemorative Beautiful Stranger Whoopee Cushion.

https://nl-nl.facebook.com/OsearyGuy/

2 minutes ago, acko said:

Anniversary Editions and not a 20th anniversary commemorative Beautiful Stranger Whoopee Cushion.

I did but you know it’s never going to happen. 

9 hours ago, acko said:

It's not up to him and i dont know why he gets the blame. Yes he's her manager but unless she shows interest and initiative he can't force her. SHE is the one that needs to get bombarded and I'm sure she knows too what we want in that respect but doesn't care. Do you think he doesnt want our money? Of course he does and I'm sure he would LOVE for her to tour that album and get a slice of that pie but its beyond obvious she will never look back until she's old and cannot move.

19 minutes ago, Showdown said:

It's not up to him and i dont know why he gets the blame. Yes he's her manager but unless she shows interest and initiative he can't force her. SHE is the one that needs to get bombarded and I'm sure she knows too what we want in that respect but doesn't care. Do you think he doesnt want our money? Of course he does and I'm sure he would LOVE for her to tour that album and get a slice of that pie but its beyond obvious she will never look back until she's old and cannot move.

It's part of his job to persuade her to do things that she might not see the merit in or even want to do. And no, they wouldn't make that much money in the grand scheme of things which is precisely why old O$$$eary isn't interested. A tour of course WOULD make him (and her) money. Too many people let this incompetent off the hook. I know how dedicated and up the arse of U2 fans Oseary is, he brings NONE of that to the table with Madonna fans.

18 hours ago, Kim said:

It's part of his job to persuade her to do things that she might not see the merit in or even want to do. And no, they wouldn't make that much money in the grand scheme of things which is precisely why old O$$$eary isn't interested. A tour of course WOULD make him (and her) money. Too many people let this incompetent off the hook. I know how dedicated and up the arse of U2 fans Oseary is, he brings NONE of that to the table with Madonna fans.

Um that kinda proves my point doesnt it? Until Madonna wants to do something its not gonna happen. Remember, he's the one who persuaded her to do Masterpiece, and im pretty sure it wouldve been a total media blackout during MDNA if he hadnt persuaded her to do jimmy fallon a few other things as well. Nothing will happen until SHE wants to make it happen.

21 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Um that kinda proves my point doesnt it? Until Madonna wants to do something its not gonna happen. Remember, he's the one who persuaded her to do Masterpiece, and im pretty sure it wouldve been a total media blackout during MDNA if he hadnt persuaded her to do jimmy fallon a few other things as well. Nothing will happen until SHE wants to make it happen.

No it doesn't. Madonna wanted a box set years ago and WB cancelled the project. Oseary claimed he wanted a meeting with WB to discuss tour releases - nothing happened. Cherry records enquired with WB about doing a release for True Blue and got a straight out "No". So it would appear in fact that the decision relies as much (or more) with WB than it does with Madonna,. That's where a good manager comes into play of course - negotiating and calming ruffled feathers, soothing egos etc. 

Which leads back to my earlier point of wondering what the actual reason for non-movement in ANYTHING relating to the WB years is, rather than our conjecture.

31 minutes ago, Showdown said:

He pursuaded her to do Super Bowl as well so they’d of been even less of an era to MDNA...

Madonnas albums represent her personality and life at that time, so performing an entire album just isn’t her. She reinvents the music to suit something new.....performing ROL in its entirety as she released it in 1998 would be the opposite of her persona as a pop star.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

He pursuaded her to do Super Bowl as well so they’d of been even less of an era to MDNA...

Madonnas albums represent her personality and life at that time, so performing an entire album just isn’t her. She reinvents the music to suit something new.....performing ROL in its entirety as she released it in 1998 would be the opposite of her persona as a pop star.

Yup exactly. Guy can get the best deal negotiate whatever but if M doesnt like it or flat out doesn't want it it aint gonna happen! And as for the box set she obviously lost interest in it when she began working on the musicals and then moved on to confessions and the doc so it doesnt surprise me that the box set didnt happen.

Just now, Showdown said:

Yup exactly. Guy can get the best deal negotiate whatever but if M doesnt like it or flat out doesn't want it it aint gonna happen! And as for the box set she obviously lost interest in it when she began working on the musicals and then moved on to confessions and the doc so it doesnt surprise me that the box set didnt happen.

It doesn’t surprise me either Madonna’s priorities were with touring hence why she chose to sign with LiveNation who have been her bosses for the last decade as oppose to a record company who were her bosses for the previous 20 years.

She chose to take Guy O with her perhaps for nostalgia but Madonna make every final decision, good, bad, successful or otherwise.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

It doesn’t surprise me either Madonna’s priorities were with touring hence why she chose to sign with LiveNation who have been her bosses for the last decade as oppose to a record company who were her bosses for the previous 20 years.

She chose to take Guy O with her perhaps for nostalgia but Madonna make every final decision, good, bad, successful or otherwise.

Yup, but remember too he's been her solo manager for less than a decade. During confessions and hard candy it was him and angela becker (unless it was during hard candy). I think he's done a great job in making her more accessible because im sure he's the one who's brought her to social media 😂😂😂 i still remember that hydrangea response video!!!

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

More nonsense from you. These album anniversary tours usually consist of performing all the tracks from the album mixed in with plenty of other songs from the artists career - not a literal track by track interpretation.

Once could almost say that TOAC Melbourne was a  mini American Life show.

I can see Madonna doing this kind of thing in the future for sure.

4 minutes ago, Showdown said:

I'll take the word of Madonna's manager at the time who confirmed WB cancelled it, rather than your assumptions. And Madonna can tell WB she wants super duper deluxe editions of everything and they can of course tell her where to go. 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

More nonsense from you. These album anniversary tours usually consist of performing all the tracks from the album mixed in with plenty of other songs from the artists career - not a literal track by track interpretation.

I'll take the word of Madonna's manager at the time who confirmed WB cancelled it, rather than your assumptions. And Madonna can tell WB she wants super duper deluxe editions of everything and they can of course tell her where to go. 

Do as you wish then and good luck 

15 minutes ago, Kim said:

It’s not nonsense it’s my interpretation of Madonna as an artist. She has never ever rolled herksef out as nostalgic with an anniversary of anything.

The TOAC show was not promoted as a mini American Life show at all. I can see her doing more of these show s that she obviously the road she’s heading down......but that’s not what I was reflecting on.

I was merely saying it would be un-Madonna to do a tour of an entire album as suggested by Guy O because Madonna isn’t that type of artist.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It’s not nonsense it’s my interpretation of Madonna as an artist. She has never ever rolled herksef out as nostalgic with an anniversary of anything.

The TOAC show was not promoted as a mini American Life show at all. I can see her doing more of these show s that she obviously the road she’s heading down......but that’s not what I was reflecting on.

I was merely saying it would be un-Madonna to do a tour of an entire album as suggested by Guy O because Madonna isn’t that type of artist.

Celebrating anniversaries has nothing to do with nostalgia acts or "rolling out" or any of the other disparaging things that only certain Madonna fans see them as (until Madonna does them)

Wait, so Madonna's own manager doesn't realise that his own client and friend "isn't that type of artist"? Well, for once you could be right. He is clueless afterall.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Exactly. I personally would LOVE these anniversary things (who wouldnt?) but unfortunately Madonna is not that kind.  Wasn't there even an SNL thing she was planning to do for Celebration? Of course it got nixed. I can only imagine the things conceived that never became realized. Even her brother mentioned in his book a planned Girlie Show thing (a halogram maybe?) But she declined. A random thing too but do you remember the alleged American Life deluxe set with a dvd that got cancelled because she pulled the video? What was that about?

On 2/24/2018 at 5:02 AM, acko said:

"He really hates those icy strings" 

God, I can't STAND HIM

52 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

"He really hates those icy strings" 

God, I can't STAND HIM

I always remember that.

I mean, this fucker didn't even like FROZEN - which, in a way, explains a lot about the trajectory of Madonna's music career since he took the reigns.