MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

The CAMPAIGN & PETITION for a 20th anniversary RAY OF LIGHT deluxe release #ROL20deluxe

16 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I know you don’t care about Whitney or Queen but the point I was making is that there are huge names on compilation albums.

4 Minites is half Timberland/Timberlake otherwise Madonna would be no where near that compilation.

But the fact is she could and should be on more compilations.

Editing posts after being proven wrong? That's bad (and tit like) forum etiquette.

6 minutes ago, funkydita said:

As were LIB and Borderline, according to this.  I think it’s a mix of WB and her, I know first hand how much she wanted for the MDNA UK tour broadcast and that was definitely down to her rather than the distributor.

There's no denying she's a greedy granny, especially with all the latest stuff she has more control over, but Warner have a high price on her licensing catalogue for sure. I believe it was Edsel that just got a flat out "no" when they tentatively enquired about doing something with True Blue a coupla years ago. I doubt Madge even knows (or cares).

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

There's no denying she's a greedy granny, especially with all the latest stuff she has more control over

The level of control she wants over certain things is surprising.  True story - when IGTTYAS was broadcast on UK TV,  her management said someone would visit the edit suite to see where the ad breaks were placed and to check out any required compliance edits.  And who turns up?  Yep, Madonna.  

Just now, funkydita said:

The level of control she wants over certain things is surprising.  True story - when IGTTYAS was broadcast on UK TV,  her management said someone would visit the edit suite to see where the ad breaks were placed and to check out any required compliance edits.  And who turns up?  Yep, Madonna.  

That’s amazing !! I understand she must of been pissed there were adverts.

I remember when MTV broadcasts IGTTYAS she publically thanked them for showing it advert free.

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

That’s amazing !! I understand she must of been pissed there were adverts.

I remember when MTV broadcasts IGTTYAS she publically thanked them for showing it advert free.

If anything she was more confused about why the pedo joke was bleeped and the swearing wasn’t.  

She also wrote a beautiful and humble handwritten letter (on “Madonna” headed paper, now framed in someone’s house) apologising for cancelling a meeting and thanking them for showing the film (and for agreeing to screen it in a cinema - that was part of the deal).  

My favourite part of the story was the fact that she had to sign in to the edit suite and was given a name badge by the receptionist...spelled “Maddona”.  Her deadpan response?  “No one’s ever spelled it quite that way before”.  Apparrently she was lovely and low key.

18 minutes ago, funkydita said:

Ahaha, I love it.  Although maybe someone in the edit suite should have mentioned that her real priority should have been to make an actual good doc film in the first place, rather than worrying about advert placement...

Channel 4 was THE Madonna-friendly channel late 90s to mid 00s. Those were the days :old:

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

Ahaha, I love it.  Although maybe someone in the edit suite should have mentioned that her real priority should have been to make an actual good doc film in the first place, rather than worrying about advert placement...

Channel 4  were THE Madonna-friendly channel late 90s to mid 00s. Those were the days :old:

And in the 00s mostly due to someone who was a fan and essentially wanted to be in her circle (not me btw).  Lol.  

Another true fact, I oversaw the edit for CT on C4 and fought to keep the crucifixion, I had to write a really pompous line to defend it in case of any complaints! 

For another time, there’s a great story featuring the intercom she used to communicate with Guy at the London house.  Disembodied Madonna voice - “Guy, Guy, how fucking dare you ignore me Guy”.  Dead.

32 minutes ago, funkydita said:

Disembodied Madonna voice - “Guy, Guy, how fucking dare you ignore me Guy”.  Dead.

:rotfl:(and jealous of your (ex) job!)

Regarding Madonna on compilations:

Hits 3: Dress You Up

Hits 4: Borderline

Hits 6: La Isla Bonita (7” Remix)

Huge Hits 1998: Frozen

Song Birds: Frozen

Now That’s What I Call Music 30 Years: Into the Groove 

Now That’s What I Call Legends: Into the Groove

(Now really milked getting ITG didn’t they).

That’s all I know of.

Apparently the Hits albums got a deal in the 80s where they’d get the last single from each albums.

1 hour ago, tasteinmen said:

Regarding Madonna on compilations:

Hits 3: Dress You Up

Hits 4: Borderline

Hits 6: La Isla Bonita (7” Remix)

Huge Hits 1998: Frozen

Song Birds: Frozen

Now That’s What I Call Music 30 Years: Into the Groove 

Now That’s What I Call Legends: Into the Groove

(Now really milked getting ITG didn’t they).

That’s all I know of.

Apparently the Hits albums got a deal in the 80s where they’d get the last single from each albums.

Its pretty much nothing

21 hours ago, Starman said:

Its pretty much nothing

That's the thing though. If you look at Queen who whore their work out, they continue to sell very well although partly due to the band being 'over' 26 years ago but also that people hear their work. 

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

That's the thing though. If you look at Queen who whore their work out, they continue to sell very well although partly due to the band being 'over' 26 years ago but also that people hear their work. 

I agree her catalog is very underused

I went on a plane trip two days ago, and on the entertainment they had classic albums. Ray of Light was featured. Naturally, I listened the hell out of it.