MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

The CAMPAIGN & PETITION for a 20th anniversary RAY OF LIGHT deluxe release #ROL20deluxe

42 minutes ago, Nick said:

Bowie has a major exhibit coming up at Brooklyn museum in 2018.:inlove: The exhibition supposedly contains over 400 objects from his from his personal archives.....

Hope that in the future we have something similar from Madonna. Would like to see how she would present her personal archives instead of allowing others do it after she’s gone.

Prince has a huge exhibition that's in London at the minute and the contents are so iconic!!!

I remember Madonna saying she wanted to do it something years ago and that she keeps everything she's ever wore in a huge vault!

I would imagine LiveNation would promote it, im sure it would sell out across the world.

I saw the Bowie V&A show in Barcelona a few months ago, it was pretty impressive, very nicely curated. But I just don't know where you'd start with Madonna, there's actually too many iconic moments to cover in one exhibition. It would have to be at least 5X the size!?!??

8 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I saw the Bowie V&A show in Barcelona a few months ago, it was pretty impressive, very nicely curated. But I just don't know where you'd start with Madonna, there's actually too many iconic moments to cover in one exhibition. It would have to be at least 5X the size!?!??

I CANNOT wait to see the part about her books. From Naomi Campbell eating her vag to her reading to toddlers with Lola :lmao: 

On 14/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, luluthecat said:

Yes because Bowie just had a few iconic moments right?

Okay my lovelies so anyway we are diverging a bit here. 

The campaign on MadonnaNation has officially started and I am happy for that but we need to escalate, motivate, annihilate and mobilise. This needs to move to the next level. 

What do we do? Shall we go petition.org route or shall we go via Guy Oseary? @Hector what do you think - I believe you have an indirect line to Mr Guy O. Do you think there's any hope there? 

Is there an actual petition for this? I’ll sign straight away 

I guess I didn’t know there was an actual petition 😂

We could sign and send her dump trucks of petitions, but this ain’t gonna happen. Tori Amos announced a 20th anniversary edition of From The Choirgirl Hotel months ago. Unless she’d plan a late 2018 release, this is just a fantasy. 

I’ll add that Tori has released anniversary editions of every album of hers from 1992-1998. They’re fucking great. B-sides, rarities, remastering. Madonna should sit down with her and take notes as to how to acknowledge ones discography. :queenbitch:

On 18-11-2017 at 6:48 PM, Suedehead said:

Okay my lovelies so anyway we are diverging a bit here. 

The campaign on MadonnaNation has officially started and I am happy for that but we need to escalate, motivate, annihilate and mobilise. This needs to move to the next level. 

What do we do? Shall we go petition.org route or shall we go via Guy Oseary? @Hector what do you think - I believe you have an indirect line to Mr Guy O. Do you think there's any hope there? 

We should go with La Oseary...M'Nation Twitter should start some sort of Campaign as well...and we should definitely poke Orbit.

On 11/17/2017 at 4:10 PM, cosmic_system said:

Yes because Bowie just had a few iconic moments right?

:lol: this is just a case of fans thinking that with their favorite artist everything is iconic and important and worthy, and everyone else just has a few shining moments

13 hours ago, functions_X said:

:lol: this is just a case of fans thinking that with their favorite artist everything is iconic and important and worthy, and everyone else just has a few shining moments

I do feel there is a cult of Bowie bandwagon. When he died so many people were acting like they were his biggest fan yet they only probably owned let's dance and a greatest hits. 

He produced a lot of crap as well and never gets called out for it.

8 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

In terms of what you'd put in a museum etc - absolutely!!!

No, Bowie is THE cult figure of the 70's.

On 21/11/2017 at 1:49 PM, jonski43 said:

I do feel there is a cult of Bowie bandwagon. When he died so many people were acting like they were his biggest fan yet they only probably owned let's dance and a greatest hits. 

He produced a lot of crap as well and never gets called out for it.

Not true. I don't think anyone was re-writing his '80s nadir or Tin Machine or some of his more questionnable film choices or even Earthling (which I love) when he died. So, um... no.

54 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Not true. I don't think anyone was re-writing his '80s nadir or Tin Machine or some of his more questionnable film choices or even Earthling (which I love) when he died. So, um... no.

What I mean is that he's considered a creative genius that had hits and misses but with M is almost the opposite that she got lucky with ROL etc thanks to producers but the misses were due to her not being so good rather than her wanting to just experiment. 

So they gloss over Bowie's failures but highlight them for M. Pretty standard in the music press.