Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

The CAMPAIGN & PETITION for a 20th anniversary RAY OF LIGHT deluxe release #ROL20deluxe

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Nick said:

Bowie has a major exhibit coming up at Brooklyn museum in 2018.:inlove: The exhibition supposedly contains over 400 objects from his from his personal archives.....

Hope that in the future we have something similar from Madonna. Would like to see how she would present her personal archives instead of allowing others do it after she’s gone.

Prince has a huge exhibition that's in London at the minute and the contents are so iconic!!!

I remember Madonna saying she wanted to do it something years ago and that she keeps everything she's ever wore in a huge vault!

I would imagine LiveNation would promote it, im sure it would sell out across the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the Bowie V&A show in Barcelona a few months ago, it was pretty impressive, very nicely curated. But I just don't know where you'd start with Madonna, there's actually too many iconic moments to cover in one exhibition. It would have to be at least 5X the size!?!??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I saw the Bowie V&A show in Barcelona a few months ago, it was pretty impressive, very nicely curated. But I just don't know where you'd start with Madonna, there's actually too many iconic moments to cover in one exhibition. It would have to be at least 5X the size!?!??

I CANNOT wait to see the part about her books. From Naomi Campbell eating her vag to her reading to toddlers with Lola :lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, luluthecat said:

I saw the Bowie V&A show in Barcelona a few months ago, it was pretty impressive, very nicely curated. But I just don't know where you'd start with Madonna, there's actually too many iconic moments to cover in one exhibition. It would have to be at least 5X the size!?!??

Yes because Bowie just had a few iconic moments right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay my lovelies so anyway we are diverging a bit here. 

 

The campaign on MadonnaNation has officially started and I am happy for that but we need to escalate, motivate, annihilate and mobilise. This needs to move to the next level. 

 

What do we do? Shall we go petition.org route or shall we go via Guy Oseary? @Hector what do you think - I believe you have an indirect line to Mr Guy O. Do you think there's any hope there? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an actual petition for this? I’ll sign straight away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I didn’t know there was an actual petition 😂

We could sign and send her dump trucks of petitions, but this ain’t gonna happen. Tori Amos announced a 20th anniversary edition of From The Choirgirl Hotel months ago. Unless she’d plan a late 2018 release, this is just a fantasy. 

I’ll add that Tori has released anniversary editions of every album of hers from 1992-1998. They’re fucking great. B-sides, rarities, remastering. Madonna should sit down with her and take notes as to how to acknowledge ones discography. :queenbitch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18-11-2017 at 6:48 PM, Suedehead said:

Okay my lovelies so anyway we are diverging a bit here. 

 

The campaign on MadonnaNation has officially started and I am happy for that but we need to escalate, motivate, annihilate and mobilise. This needs to move to the next level. 

 

What do we do? Shall we go petition.org route or shall we go via Guy Oseary? @Hector what do you think - I believe you have an indirect line to Mr Guy O. Do you think there's any hope there? 

 

We should go with La Oseary...M'Nation Twitter should start some sort of Campaign as well...and we should definitely poke Orbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 4:10 PM, cosmic_system said:

Yes because Bowie just had a few iconic moments right?

:lol: this is just a case of fans thinking that with their favorite artist everything is iconic and important and worthy, and everyone else just has a few shining moments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, functions_X said:

:lol: this is just a case of fans thinking that with their favorite artist everything is iconic and important and worthy, and everyone else just has a few shining moments

I do feel there is a cult of Bowie bandwagon. When he died so many people were acting like they were his biggest fan yet they only probably owned let's dance and a greatest hits. 

He produced a lot of crap as well and never gets called out for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2017 at 3:10 PM, cosmic_system said:

Yes because Bowie just had a few iconic moments right?

In terms of what you'd put in a museum etc - absolutely!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

In terms of what you'd put in a museum etc - absolutely!!!

No, Bowie is THE cult figure of the 70's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2017 at 1:49 PM, jonski43 said:

I do feel there is a cult of Bowie bandwagon. When he died so many people were acting like they were his biggest fan yet they only probably owned let's dance and a greatest hits. 

He produced a lot of crap as well and never gets called out for it.

Not true. I don't think anyone was re-writing his '80s nadir or Tin Machine or some of his more questionnable film choices or even Earthling (which I love) when he died. So, um... no.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Not true. I don't think anyone was re-writing his '80s nadir or Tin Machine or some of his more questionnable film choices or even Earthling (which I love) when he died. So, um... no.

 

What I mean is that he's considered a creative genius that had hits and misses but with M is almost the opposite that she got lucky with ROL etc thanks to producers but the misses were due to her not being so good rather than her wanting to just experiment. 

So they gloss over Bowie's failures but highlight them for M. Pretty standard in the music press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 6:20 AM, jonski43 said:

What I mean is that he's considered a creative genius that had hits and misses but with M is almost the opposite that she got lucky with ROL etc thanks to producers but the misses were due to her not being so good rather than her wanting to just experiment. 

So they gloss over Bowie's failures but highlight them for M. Pretty standard in the music press.

Pure mysoginist 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Who me?

No

ctitics, society, industry..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Special editions for ROL and LAP are musts- it's your chance, M people (not the group from the '90s)- don't drop dem balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7-12-2017 at 9:23 PM, HolidayGuy said:

Special editions for ROL and LAP are musts- it's your chance, M people (not the group from the '90s)- don't drop dem balls.

:rotfl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 3:23 PM, HolidayGuy said:

Special editions for ROL and LAP are musts- it's your chance, M people (not the group from the '90s)- don't drop dem balls.

Great. Now you got this song stuck in my head.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/20-albums-turning-20-in-2018__21264/

Madonna returned after a few years away from pop as a new mum with a fresh techno sound thanks to UK producer William Orbit and lots of lovely long blond hair, thanks to nature and her hair stylist. We spoke to Orbit about the classic album here.

William Orbit reflects on Madonna’s Ray Of Light: “It broke all the rules”

The Ray Of Light producer reflects on what is considered by many as Madonna's best and most adventurous album.

17 years ago this month, Madonna released with her seventh studio album Ray Of Light.

The record, which was helmed by acclaimed producer William Orbit, received widespread praise upon its release and is considered by many as her best and most adventurous album.

“It was a long time ago – can you believe it’s been 17 years?” Orbit told Official Charts. “I played all the guitars on that album, which was one of the first times I really showed that I knew how to get a guitar going. It was great to get behind an amp for once because it’s not something I do all the time.”

The album, which was released in March 1998, spent two weeks at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart and to date has spent 137 weeks in the Top 100 (view its full chart run here). “I’m very proud of my work on that record - I think it still holds up today,” Orbit continued. “It still gets mentioned a lot, which always amazes me, even considering the fact it’s Madonna. I mean, you don’t just knock one of those kinds of albums out every year, do you?”

Reflecting on their four and a half months experimenting on sounds together in the studio, the producer said: “I’m not even sure the current environment would allow it now in the pop field. Something has happened to pop music at the moment. Back then, there was no fear. Now, everybody is terrified of doing something different and the music industry is stuck in a rut.”

Orbit believes there were “a lot of parallels between Ray Of Light" and the recent Queen Forever album he co-produced, explaining: "I recently watched back some of Queen’s videos, which were very cutting edge at the time, and there’s a definite parallel between what they were doing there and the mindset me and Madonna had when making Ray Of Light. We got in studio, broke all the rules and didn’t really think about the consequences.”

14 years later, the pair reunited on Madonna’s MDNA album. Orbit is credited on six tracks, but the process, he says, was almost the complete opposite to that of Ray Of Light. “All I’ll say is that MDNA was a very, very different process in all respects to that which we’d employed on Ray Of Light – from artistically, to time management, to technical approach. I’ll let you be the judge of the result, but it was a very different beast to Ray Of Light.”

Did the experience put him off working on pop music for good? “I wouldn’t mind having the chance to go in and lock out the bean counters for a bit and do something different. Right now it feels like the whole music industry is sitting in a corner and rocking itself into a coma. The pop world has become a bit toxic.

"That said, you can’t take the pop out of me. I like risk, and – like with Ray Of Light – when someone wants to make an artistic statement and be bold and experimental, that’s when it’s exciting. That's really what's it's all about."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice how he learned how to describe the MDNA era without sounding like an asshole. Good for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

It's nice how he learned how to describe the MDNA era without sounding like an asshole. Good for him.

Agreed. But the 2 albums are worlds apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×