Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

The CAMPAIGN & PETITION for a 20th anniversary RAY OF LIGHT deluxe release #ROL20deluxe

Recommended Posts

I think the AL era had great remixes:

  • American Life (Oakenfold Downtempo Remix) & (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
  • Love Profusion (Blow Up Mix) & (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
  • Nothing Fails (Nevins Mix)
  • Nobody Knows Me (Mount Sims Old School Mix)

I adore them all and some of them are better than the original versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LVX said:

I think the AL era had great remixes:

  • American Life (Oakenfold Downtempo Remix) & (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
  • Love Profusion (Blow Up Mix) & (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
  • Nothing Fails (Nevins Mix)
  • Nobody Knows Me (Mount Sims Old School Mix)

I adore them all and some of them are better than the original versions.

How Headcleanr did not get on board for other mixes -- they were brilliant!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

How Headcleanr did not get on board for other mixes -- they were brilliant!!

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

How Headcleanr did not get on board for other mixes -- they were brilliant!!

He did one for Miles Away that was unreleased but I believe on early promos. It leaked and it wasn't that great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hector said:

Record companies don't spend money commissioning remixes like they used to which has further led to their decline. 

It seems to be the case for most artists now. Such a shame. Though I wish her A&R would just pay for quality rather than quantity. Plus it because of remixes she's gone on to work with different DJs as producers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Showdown said:

He did one for Miles Away that was unreleased but I believe on early promos. It leaked and it wasn't that great.

True, that. That MA mix sounded nothing like the rock/acoustic influence employed before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should go back to getting the producer to do extended remixes a la Jump and all her 80s singles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 3:48 AM, LVX said:

I think the AL era had great remixes:

  • American Life (Oakenfold Downtempo Remix) & (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
  • Love Profusion (Blow Up Mix) & (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
  • Nothing Fails (Nevins Mix)
  • Nobody Knows Me (Mount Sims Old School Mix)

I adore them all and some of them are better than the original versions.

Yep these were pretty amazing‚ĚóÔłŹ

Remember most of them being played at the big clubs in NY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

True, that. That MA mix sounded nothing like the rock/acoustic influence employed before...

But regardless I stand by my comment that Hard Candy did have really good mixes. MDNA had some good ones too. That Dada mix of GGW is fuckin' B A N G I N'!!! Rebel Heart I thought were just meh besides the Offer Nissam mixes. And we had like 20 mixes for each song which was weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, luluthecat said:

It seems to be the case for most artists now. Such a shame. Though I wish her A&R would just pay for quality rather than quantity. Plus it because of remixes she's gone on to work with different DJs as producers. 

Times are different. Most producers are DJs nowadays or they are musical artists in their own right. But even then Madonna 's  music sounds like her regardless who she works with. Perfect example is Diplo. If you've heard his solo stuff or his Major Lazer stuff it sounds nothing like his work with M other than Unapologetic Bitch which had that reggae vibe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shep was a DJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Showdown said:

Times are different. Most producers are DJs nowadays or they are musical artists in their own right. But even then Madonna 's  music sounds like her regardless who she works with. Perfect example is Diplo. If you've heard his solo stuff or his Major Lazer stuff it sounds nothing like his work with M other than Unapologetic Bitch which had that reggae vibe.

I was just saying after creating remixes for her, she went on to work with Shep Pettibone, William Orbit, Stuart Price, Avvicii.......(can't think of any others) as producers) - so it's worth investing in rather than getting crap for DJs like Dirty Pop, DJ "Thrill", DJ Mike, DJ "I'm just here for my pay check"..........zzzzzzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I was just saying after creating remixes for her, she went on to work with Shep Pettibone, William Orbit, Stuart Price, Avvicii.......(can't think of any others) as producers) - so it's worth investing in rather than getting crap for DJs like Dirty Pop, DJ "Thrill", DJ Mike, DJ "I'm just here for my pay check"..........zzzzzzz

I don't see them any different than past DJs she's used like Peter rauhofer Victor Calderon Tracey young Danny howels Felix da housecat junior Vasquez or any of those that you mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Showdown said:

I don't see them any different than past DJs she's used like Peter rauhofer Victor Calderon Tracey young Danny howels Felix da housecat junior Vasquez or any of those that you mentioned. 

Really?! Gosh I do. All those DJs you've mentioned have made some incredible remixes for her.....like seriously great remixes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Really?! Gosh I do. All those DJs you've mentioned have made some incredible remixes for her.....like seriously great remixes!

Yeah they did but they were DJs regardless and still working for money. Maybe you don't like these new mixes which is fine, but that's where the club scene is at right now and fits well and really isn't any different from what she's always done for singles. Actually the only thing different is that she's releasing a shit load on YouTube so if you don't like one there's a chance you'll like another but if you don't like that sound in general that's a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Showdown said:

Yeah they did but they were DJs regardless and still working for money. Maybe you don't like these new mixes which is fine, but that's where the club scene is at right now and fits well and really isn't any different from what she's always done for singles. Actually the only thing different is that she's releasing a shit load on YouTube so if you don't like one there's a chance you'll like another but if you don't like that sound in general that's a different story.

Someone said a while back that the record company has specific djs on the payroll which is why we're getting all these unimaginative, generic mixes instead of where they used to commission the hottest remixers of the time.

Clubland is dying. It's a big problem in the UK at the moment as people are socialising and listening to music in different ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Someone said a while back that the record company has specific djs on the payroll which is why we're getting all these unimaginative, generic mixes instead of where they used to commission the hottest remixers of the time.

Clubland is dying. It's a big problem in the UK at the moment as people are socialising and listening to music in different ways.

I don't see how being on the payroll makes someone generic but ok. I do agree with you on the club scene though but maybe that has something to do with my age lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 7:17 AM, tasteinmen said:

They should go back to getting the producer to do extended remixes a la Jump and all her 80s singles.

I wanted an 8.5 minute Living For Love 12" Mix sooooooo badly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 6:10 PM, Cody Banks said:

I wanted an 8.5 minute Living For Love 12" Mix sooooooo badly!

This is gospel....  Living for Love lifts me up...

up....

up.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2017 at 5:08 PM, Suedehead said:

DISC 1: RAY OF LIGHT - The Legendary Album
1. Drowned World/Substitute For Love
2. Swim
3. Ray Of Light
4. Candy Perfume Girl
5. Skin
6. Nothing Really Matters
7. Sky Fits Heaven
8. Shanti/Ashtangi
9. Frozen
10. The Power of Good-bye
11. To Have and Not to Hold
12. Little Star
13. Mer Girl 

DISC 2: Demos, Outtakes and Rare Tracks
1. Has To Be (previously only available in Japan)
2. Arioso (previously unreleased)
3. Revenge (previously unreleased)
4. Gone, Gone, Gone (previously unreleased)
5. Like A Flower (previously unreleased)
6. Regresando (previously unreleased)
7. Never Love A Stranger (previously unreleased)
8. Be Careful (demo version)
9. No Substitute For Love (demo version)
10. The Power Of Good-bye (demo version)
11. To Have And Not To Hold (demo version)
12. Frozen (demo version)
13. Flirtation Dance ('Skin' demo version)
14. Ray Of Light (early version)

DISC 3: Veronica Electronica - Ray Of Light Remixed
1. Frozen (Stereo MCs Remix)
2. Drowned World (BT's Ashram Remix)
3. Ray Of Light (Sasha's Ultraviolet Remix)
4. Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix)
5. Skin (Orbit remix) - new 2018 remix
6. Candy Perfume Girl (Offer Nissim remix) - new 2018 remix
7. To Have And Not To Hold (Orbit remix) - new 2018 remix
8. The Power of Goodbye (Dallas Austen remix) 

DISC 4: DVD 
1. UltraSound MTV Special: The Making Of Ray Of Light (originally aired 1998)
2. Looking Back: Madonna & William Orbit Interview 2018 (previously unaired) 
3. Frozen (promo video)
4. Ray Of Light (promo video) 
5. Drowned World/Substitute For Love (promo video)
6. The Power of Goodbye (promo video)
7. Nothing Really Matters (promo video)
8. Ray Of Light (live from the Oprah Winfrey Show) 
9. Drowned World/Substitute for Love (live from Septimo de Caballeria)
10. Frozen (live from the Rainforest Benefit concert) 
11. Nothing Really Matters (live from the Grammy Awards) 
12. The Power of Goodbye (live from VH1 Fashion awards) 

13. ROXY CLUB 3 SONGS PERFORMANCE (we all need this in our life)

Also i'd include all the remixes videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Prince's passing isn't enough of a motivator for her to think about her legacy as it relates to previous endeavors nothing will. She'll keep it current.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 9:17 AM, tasteinmen said:

They should go back to getting the producer to do extended remixes a la Jump and all her 80s singles.

THIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 3:55 AM, erotica blu said:

If Prince's passing isn't enough of a motivator for her to think about her legacy as it relates to previous endeavors nothing will. She'll keep it current.

I think she is but not going about it in the best way. She doesn't allow anything. The only editions we've seen are re-releases of old albums so the focus stays on the latest music.

The trouble is the poor management of her videography, post Warner releases and lack of action over leaks hasn't helped her. Didn't she say she was keeping everything and there were a couple of Instagram posts showing the vault around the RHT?

But she needs someone better in charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I think she is but not going about it in the best way. She doesn't allow anything. The only editions we've seen are re-releases of old albums so the focus stays on the latest music.

The trouble is the poor management of her videography, post Warner releases and lack of action over leaks hasn't helped her. Didn't she say she was keeping everything and there were a couple of Instagram posts showing the vault around the RHT?

But she needs someone better in charge.

She does keep everything and eventually I think she will put on a massive exhibit of her work, so all her iconic costumes and photographs it will make an exquisite exhibition.

But god knows when it will see the light of day. I get the feeling she will do it at a time she feels she hasn't got loads more projects to come as it will be seen as her lasting legacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Confessit said:

She does keep everything and eventually I think she will put on a massive exhibit of her work, so all her iconic costumes and photographs it will make an exquisite exhibition.

But god knows when it will see the light of day. I get the feeling she will do it at a time she feels she hasn't got loads more projects to come as it will be seen as her lasting legacy.

Bowie has a major exhibit coming up at Brooklyn museum in 2018.:inlove: The exhibition supposedly contains over 400 objects from his from his personal archives.....

Hope that in the future we have something similar from Madonna. Would like to see how she would present her personal archives instead of allowing others do it after she’s gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×