MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

The CAMPAIGN & PETITION for a 20th anniversary RAY OF LIGHT deluxe release #ROL20deluxe

I think she could do it for ROL because it's more recent than the rest and she loves it more than some of her '80s stuff. Let's do it. Let's petition her on Insta!! 

ROL was an awesome time in her life as well. I wish she woud want to relive that again. Imagine all the things they could add to this!!!!

5 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

we'll get 3 juicy instagram posts

If we are lucky ! 

I know I am going to get hung, drawn and quartered for this but with her music being so incredible, instead we got her twins talking of her face creams on Instagram the other day.   I know it was her mucking around, not serious and it is her Instragram and her choice etc but it wasn't even that funny.  Now imagine them discovering her music instead like the post with Holiday a while back.   :bow: That was wonderful.  

Now that rant is over,  would love something special for any big anniversary of her albums but not holding my breath. 

I'm still mind blown that we are coming up on the 20th year of ROL.  

1 minute ago, Skin said:

I'm still mind blown that we are coming up on the 20th year of ROL.  

I'm mind blown by the fact that next year it will be 20 years since I become a fan of Madonna. Feels like yesterday, but 20 years have passed. So much stuff has happened in my life, in these 20 years.

I definitely feel old.....more like a 50yo man than a 28yo one. 

Guest cailohfornia

Doubt it.

If she hasn’t done it with the past albums’ anniversaries she just won’t do it.

She’s probably gonna do these re-release things for each albums’ 500th Anniversaries though that’s for sure 💅🏽

What we need are ALL TOURS IN BLU-fucking-RAY.

13 hours ago, Suedehead said:

STARTS HERE

I want a 4-disc extravaganza: 

DISC 1: original album restored from original master tapes
DISC 2: outtakes, demos and unreleased tracks - including but not limited to Has To Be, Revenge, Like An Angel Passing Through My Room, Like A Flower, Gone Gone Gone, Substitute For Love, Power Of Goodbye, To Have & Not To Hold, Little Star etc. 
DISC 3: Veronica Electronica: Ray Of Light Remixed (2018 edition)
DISC 4 [DVD]: music videos (all 5 promo videos), live performances (including Ray Of Light at Oprah Winfrey Show) & In Conversation With Veronica Electronica & William Orbit: The Making of Ray Of Light

Not too much to ask for! Lol.

Ray of Light is my favourite Madonna album. Ever. Something worthy of a celebration is definitely in order. Even if someone like William Orbit was asked to curate the release/experience. I am sure he has other mixes/versions hidden away.

One thing I would have some reservations about is a 2018 remix album. Why mess with perfection? 

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

If we are lucky ! 

I know I am going to get hung, drawn and quartered for this but with her music being so incredible, instead we got her twins talking of her face creams on Instagram the other day.   I know it was her mucking around, not serious and it is her Instragram and her choice etc but it wasn't even that funny.  Now imagine them discovering her music instead like the post with Holiday a while back.   :bow: That was wonderful.  

Now that rant is over,  would love something special for any big anniversary of her albums but not holding my breath. 

Totes agree with you! 😎

Unless revisiting tracks for a tour, Madonna definitely lives for today and tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

An anniversary tour seem more appropriate than an actual album re-release.

Would love to see her play a few songs off of the album, along with new and re-invented ones. But, i'm not holding my breath for anything at all, at this point.

It sucks to say this, but: Madonna has not the same powerful creative-clever marketing power as Trent Reznor. Sorry guys, but it's the reality.

When you are completely tied to a record company, that's what you get. You are a just puppet in one's hand, with very limited creative choices and artistic decisions. Reznor knew what the fans really wanted, and how to scare the "big bosses" in the industry and make them bow down to his orders. Whether Madonna just can't (or maybe she just doesn't give a damn at all, after all). And she's just happy with that.

If she dropped her record company, and started collaborating with SERIOUS artists, maybe, we would all had seen the so-called "goodies". But it looks like that will never happen anytime soon.....EVER. 

Keep dreaming and hoping people. Meantime, in the last 10 years, Reznor has given out FULL albums multitracks for people to remix and do whatever they wanted to do, gave out albums for FREE, created one of the largest remixes community on the Internet, put out his very first concert/music video "prototype" collection in ISO-format over TPB (along with other RARE stuff), gave out over 400GB (yes, you heard it right.....400GB of content) of RAW concert footage for FREE for people to make their own tour DVDs/Blu-Rays. He has made Apple bow down when his NIN app was getting rejected, threatening them with the Jailbreak thing. And, last, but not least, he's currently re-releasing his ENTIRE catalogue in both Hi-Res Digital as well as in Vinyl, along with his past soundtracks works. And there's plenty of other new stuff coming out.

Needless to say that the man's definitely has all my devotion and respect for everything he has done, for me, fellow NIN fan. Whether for Madonna, I have to admit that sometimes I literally feel cheated and betrayed by her artistic choices.

Wow -amazing! What a guy!!

14 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

Would love to see her play a few songs off of the album, along with new and re-invented ones. But, i'm not holding my breath for anything at all, at this point.

It sucks to say this, but: Madonna has not the same powerful creative-clever marketing power as Trent Reznor. Sorry guys, but it's the reality.

When you are completely tied to a record company, that's what you get. You are a just puppet in one's hand, with very limited creative choices and artistic decisions. Reznor knew what the fans really wanted, and how to scare the "big bosses" in the industry and make them bow down to his orders. Whether Madonna just can't (or maybe she just doesn't give a damn at all, after all). And she's just happy with that.

If she dropped her record company, and started collaborating with SERIOUS artists, maybe, we would all had seen the so-called "goodies". But it looks like that will never happen anytime soon.....EVER. 

Keep dreaming and hoping people. Meantime, in the last 10 years, Reznor has given out FULL albums multitracks for people to remix and do whatever they wanted to do, gave out albums for FREE, created one of the largest remixes community on the Internet, put out his very first concert/music video "prototype" collection in ISO-format over TPB (along with other RARE stuff), gave out over 400GB (yes, you heard it right.....400GB of content) of RAW concert footage for FREE for people to make their own tour DVDs/Blu-Rays. He has made Apple bow down when his NIN app was getting rejected, threatening them with the Jailbreak thing. And, last, but not least, he's currently re-releasing his ENTIRE catalogue in both Hi-Res Digital as well as in Vinyl, along with his past soundtracks works. And there's plenty of other new stuff coming out.

Needless to say that the man's definitely has all my devotion and respect for everything he has done, for me, fellow NIN fan. Whether for Madonna, I have to admit that sometimes I literally feel cheated and betrayed by her artistic choices.

William Orbit has released songs from Ray of Light to the public with all the sound layers separate so people could remix them however they wanted. It’s not just up to Madonna. Her collaborating with a bunch of different producers makes it more difficult to do stuff like this. Also, WHY IN THE WORLD do you need all this content? Seriously, life is way too short to spend so much time and energy on all this. To me, Madonna’s art is perfect as it is! It’s HER ART not mine or yours. 

14 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

The saving grace of those remasters:

- Gave us the full 12" version of Everybody on CD for the very first time. The alpha of her official catalogue.

- The remastered audio was great overall. No complains from me.

- The bonus mixes are OK to have. Those yellow CD singles were all over the place quality wise. Wish there were more mixes included. At least one for every single.

- The ARTWORK. Way more faithful to The original L.P. design than The original CDs were. The booklets looked great. The backcovers too, although the stretched "Madonna" back cover serves as an early sighting of Aliendonna. Shame the CD art was rather uninspired.

Quality releases indeed!! I doubt anyone in her team would be able to produced something as high quality today. Shame.

.......yeah the discs, repeted backcover, and dull silver inlay tray were pretty dull - but the to booklet art was beautifully produced and crystal clear unlike her recent re-releases.

I would just die if Veronica Electronica got a release, even something like Ray of Light In The Mix would be amazing. I'd love to hear that 10 minute original version of Ray of Light that both she and Orbit talked about back in the day with all the operatic notes that the original supposedly had.

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

William Orbit has released songs from Ray of Light to the public with all the sound layers separate so people could remix them however they wanted. It’s not just up to Madonna. Her collaborating with a bunch of different producers makes it more difficult to do stuff like this. Also, WHY IN THE WORLD do you need all this content? Seriously, life is way too short to spend so much time and energy on all this. To me, Madonna’s art is perfect as it is! It’s HER ART not mine or yours. 

I rarely agree with you on anything Katypatra but I'm finding myself wholeheartedly agreeing with you here. I'd love to see some reissues just as much as the next person but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Ebay is a smorgers board of rarities if you look hard enough. A few years ago I picked up a 4 disc box set full of demos, rarities and studio versions like Like a Virgin from Blond Ambition. It was well worth what I paid for it. A few months ago I saw box set featuring all of the Rebel Heart demos, I just couldn't afford it at the time but hoping to find it again one day.

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

That's your point.

But I personally prefer to have more options than just have a very few limited ones. I'll buy an album if it comes with so many great stuff (and options, of course). Plus, I like to make my own takes/remixes of an album, or just listen to the separate cues. So multitracks and other editable content is always welcome, for me. And last, but not least, I'm a devoted collector. So anything that comes from my favorite artist it's always well appreciated. 

Speaking of Madonna, I have MOST of her rare and hard-to-find stuff on my HD, including backdrops/interludes for each tour, remixed/uncensored music videos and much more. But I would love to see an actual boxset containing all this stuff.

It's not only for me. But for many other fans out there who are not very tech-savy enough to dig around different Torrent trackers/websites, in order to find said unreleased stuff.

That's because It's her art that she has to spread it as more as possible (If she really cares about it and her fans) and give to the fans what they really want. If she cannot do it, she could just try to change art directors and marketing team. And if that doesn't work, she could try drop music labels altogether and start creating her own thing, along with some competent artist/producer.

She has a huge load of $$$, so I don't see why she should had a problem doing that. Reznor has been record-label FREE since 2008, and he has earned less  $$$ than Madonna. He has pushed the boundaries of the entire music industry, and all types of marketing schemes, by investing and devoting his time, energy and moneys ENTIRELY to his fans. And he's definitely not broke.

Why Madonna can't invest her moneys and time doing the same? I wonder.

8 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

image.jpeg

Am I the only one who finds this bad photoshopped picture creepy? :nervous: 

AND A TOUR FOCUSED ONLY ON RAY OF LIGHT! 

All the above, all the goodies, plus THE TOUR. 

17 minutes ago, horn said:

It's not photoshopped. It's an actual outtake.

17 hours ago, tuckeye said:

i'm surprised we got the first three albums re-released. and nothing too new was added. just old remixes. 

Remastering old albums and old remixes is the best way to do a rerelease, I think. Lots of us have complained how hard it is to find high quality 7" and 12" mixes from the "Immaculate" era. Either you need to fork out big money for vinyls on a resale site (and hope and pray they're actually in the condition the seller says they are) and then convert them to mp3 yourself or you have to download them illegally -- and, even then, the quality of the stuff on the internet is all over the place.

Madonna's 80s chart run remains the longest stretch of consecutive top five hits in history, some 30 years later. It's insane that fans have to go these sorts of lengths to get their hands on the versions of these songs that were heard on the radio or played in clubs at the time. They should redo everything from "Madonna" through "I'm Breathless" remastered with the same quality as the 2001 rereleases, and with a second disc containing remasters of all the 7" and 12" tracks.

22 hours ago, Suedehead said:

STARTS HERE

I want a 4-disc extravaganza: 

DISC 1: original album restored from original master tapes
DISC 2: outtakes, demos and unreleased tracks - including but not limited to Has To Be, Revenge, Like An Angel Passing Through My Room, Like A Flower, Gone Gone Gone, Substitute For Love, Power Of Goodbye, To Have & Not To Hold, Little Star etc. 
DISC 3: Veronica Electronica: Ray Of Light Remixed (2018 edition)
DISC 4 [DVD]: music videos (all 5 promo videos), live performances (including Ray Of Light at Oprah Winfrey Show) & In Conversation With Veronica Electronica & William Orbit: The Making of Ray Of Light

Not to nitpick, but "LAAPTMR" is from the early "Music" sessions, not "ROL." It was rumored that Orbit thought it would make for a big single release for Christmas 2000 before M went all-in on Mirwais.

It's okay most of the time those deluxe reissues are not chronologically accurate and A, we will not get this and B, let's face it, if we do get it it'll be a single disc reissue with perhaps a remix added on as track 14. So yeah babes, nitpick away cause no one except you, me and 32 other internet gays even care. Sad but true. 

58 minutes ago, horn said:

It's beautiful and not photoshopped at all 

19 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

It really puts everything into perspective.