MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

The CAMPAIGN & PETITION for a 20th anniversary RAY OF LIGHT deluxe release #ROL20deluxe

STARTS HERE

I want a 4-disc extravaganza: 

DISC 1: original album restored from original master tapes
DISC 2: outtakes, demos and unreleased tracks - including but not limited to Has To Be, Revenge, Like An Angel Passing Through My Room, Like A Flower, Gone Gone Gone, Substitute For Love, Power Of Goodbye, To Have & Not To Hold, Little Star etc. 
DISC 3: Veronica Electronica: Ray Of Light Remixed (2018 edition)
DISC 4 [DVD]: music videos (all 5 promo videos), live performances (including Ray Of Light at Oprah Winfrey Show) & In Conversation With Veronica Electronica & William Orbit: The Making of Ray Of Light

As much as I'd love it to happen she never did a special celebratory re-release for True Blue, Like a Prayer or Erotica....

...re-releases just arnt Madonna.

You know what I wish Madonna would consider a re-release it would be a super way to bring one of her clsssic albums back to the forefront its really worked out for many artists. 

I guess she would see it too much of a step backwards perhaps.

10 minutes ago, LikeAPrayer said:

Let's start one for LAP's 30th anniversary in 2019 now as well! 

Oh and...

pig-flying.png

The band Garbage did an amazing pre-release for their first album and it looks like they're doing one for Version 2.0 as well...i wish Madonna would treat us with something like that even if it's all just digital 

It would be marvelous but there's a better chance of Jesus returning than this happening. 

Revenge is actually one of my favorite songs ever. Ever. How it was just tossed to the side.....the disrespect! 

I’m always surprised to read people want remastered versions of ROL or LAP. They both sound perfect to me, just play them loud ;-)

i really dislike the remastering done for Celebration in 2009. Just bad...

3 minutes ago, Candy perfume boy said:

i really dislike the remastering done for Celebration in 2009. Just bad...

That's because it wasn't done properly. We all know Celebration was a MESS. I only liked the packaging and the tracklisting. I still purchased the standard and deluxe editions, to support the Queen.

I want her to go on tour with this album again for a 20th anniversary giphy.gif

Excluse: Ray Of Light Tour. (Bonus Candy Shop)

Such an easy way to make some $$$ and make fans happy. I have no idea why we haven't had any deluxe re-issues ever :/

3 minutes ago, Bretticus said:

Such an easy way to make some $$$ and make fans happy. I have no idea why we haven't had any deluxe re-issues ever :/

I get the easy $$$ point but I don't find it hard to understand why not.

Madonna has always been about moving forward with the next era she is more interested in the next project or album as oppose to start re-issuing her back catalogue.

Even on her tours she has to re-invent the classics to keep her interested, I think she would see re-releasing precious albums with some extras as legacy territory, something she has always been firmly against.

I would really like to start rediscovering her albums in this sort of way, as I have been able to for other pop stars with 0000001% of her success and impact. If anyone is listening, when these releases are done correctly, a lot of fans come back and new ones will discover the material (helpful in selling future tour tix and merch). Attention needs to be paid to quality and detail.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I get the easy $$$ point but I don't find it hard to understand why not.

Madonna has always been about moving forward with the next era she is more interested in the next project or album as oppose to start re-issuing her back catalogue.

Even on her tours she has to re-invent the classics to keep her interested, I think she would see re-releasing precious albums with some extras as legacy territory, something she has always been firmly against.

This might have been the reason 10 years ago, but not today. She is the only major "heritage" act (heritage in a good way!) I can think of that hasn't had some sort of deluxe edition of a classic album. She could still work on a new album or project and release anniversary editions as a stop gap. Get a super fan to help work on it like other artists do, make it incredible and get people excited about any upcoming new project. It's a win/win :lol:

Yes, her stance was a good one in the past, but now we are all sitting here with our Like A Prayer CDs from 1989.

3 minutes ago, Bretticus said:

This might have been the reason 10 years ago, but not today. She is the only major "heritage" act (heritage in a good way!) I can think of that hasn't had some sort of deluxe edition of a classic album. She could still work on a new album or project and release anniversary editions as a stop gap. Get a super fan to help work on it like other artists do, make it incredible and get people excited about any upcoming new project. It's a win/win :lol:

Perhaps but not in Madonnas head she still doesn't want to be seen as a legacy act.

When Madonna signed with LN and Universal and left Warners behind what she's become isn't what she had planned......but I don't think the fact that in reality she is now a legacy act will pursuade her to start re-releasing her older albums.

I don't think she will ever do it.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Perhaps but not in Madonnas head she still doesn't want to be seen as a legacy act.

When Madonna signed with LN and Universal and left Warners behind what she's become isn't what she had planned......but I don't think the fact that in reality she is now a legacy act will pursuade her to start re-releasing her older albums.

I don't think she will ever do it.

We will get MDNA Skin Mk. II and Truth or Dare: Wild instead :(

3 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

we'll get 3 juicy instagram posts

We will probably not be so lucky: if she is in production of the movie, we will probably have only one post.

Worse, she may decide to troll us and offer Hard Candy: 10th anniversary edition with a bonus disc consisting of 10 remix of Candy Shop.

An anniversary tour seem more appropriate than an actual album re-release.

Would love to see her play a few songs off of the album, along with new and re-invented ones. But, i'm not holding my breath for anything at all, at this point.

It sucks to say this, but: Madonna has not the same powerful creative-clever marketing power as Trent Reznor. Sorry guys, but it's the reality.

When you are completely tied to a record company, that's what you get. You are a just puppet in one's hand, with very limited creative choices and artistic decisions. Reznor knew what the fans really wanted, and how to scare the "big bosses" in the industry and make them bow down to his orders. Whether Madonna just can't (or maybe she just doesn't give a damn at all, after all). And she's just happy with that.

If she dropped her record company, and started collaborating with SERIOUS artists, maybe, we would all had seen the so-called "goodies". But it looks like that will never happen anytime soon.....EVER. 

Keep dreaming and hoping people. Meantime, in the last 10 years, Reznor has given out FULL albums multitracks for people to remix and do whatever they wanted to do, gave out albums for FREE, created one of the largest remixes community on the Internet, put out his very first concert/music video "prototype" collection in ISO-format over TPB (along with other RARE stuff), gave out over 400GB (yes, you heard it right.....400GB of content) of RAW concert footage for FREE for people to make their own tour DVDs/Blu-Rays. He has made Apple bow down when his NIN app was getting rejected, threatening them with the Jailbreak thing. And, last, but not least, he's currently re-releasing his ENTIRE catalogue in both Hi-Res Digital as well as in Vinyl, along with his past soundtracks works. And there's plenty of other new stuff coming out.

Needless to say that the man's definitely has all my devotion and respect for everything he has done, for me, fellow NIN fan. Whether for Madonna, I have to admit that sometimes I literally feel cheated and betrayed by her artistic choices.

i'm surprised we got the first three albums re-released. and nothing too new was added. just old remixes. 

the way her latest albums have been mixed, I'd prefer to wait to get a remaster of her classics...

22 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

i'm surprised we got the first three albums re-released. and nothing too new was added. just old remixes. 

The saving grace of those remasters:

- Gave us the full 12" version of Everybody on CD for the very first time. The alpha of her official catalogue.

- The remastered audio was great overall. No complains from me.

- The bonus mixes are OK to have. Those yellow CD singles were all over the place quality wise. Wish there were more mixes included. At least one for every single.

- The ARTWORK. Way more faithful to The original L.P. design than The original CDs were. The booklets looked great. The backcovers too, although the stretched "Madonna" back cover serves as an early sighting of Aliendonna. Shame the CD art was rather uninspired.