MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DitaDolla

For all of you who saw Madonna live, close up...

Like many others have already mentioned, it's the eyes that captivate you when she comes onstage. I could see them so clearly even whilst she was up in the rafters being lowered down in her cage for Iconic. It was a moment I'll never forget even tho most of the show is a total blur for me after waiting 25 years to see her in concert. Aside from the eyes I couldn't get over how milky white the skin not only on her face but on her body was.The face can be lifted and pulled and stretched if you have the money but it's the skin on your body that is a dead giveaway of a person's true age but not so with Madonna, she has the skin quality of someone in their 20's. The next thing I noticed was how muscular her legs are, large strong quads and hamstrings and an ass that you could crack a walnut on. It was shocking to see her ass in person, even the mate I went with, who is not a Madonna fan, nudged me and said 'check out the ass!' Lastly performance wise what I was really struck by was how laser focused she was with her choreography. She almost never looked into the audience and you could see for the whole show that she was very focused on her steps and hitting her marks. Everyone always has stories of her looking into their eyes or smiling and winking but the Madonna I got at my show wasn't like that, she was very much a professional.

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

some people just have something special. everyone was saying how much of a star M seemed before she was famous just because she has that energy and charisma. You very rarely meet people like that IRL. you sometimes hear of stars being in control and confident pre-fame, but that star like quality is something else. M's energy reminds me of the actresses from the golden age of hollywood (marilyn, marlene, bette.. even edith piaf.. many women M mentions herself). there's something almost intimidating about them.

Yes I agree. Gives me goosebumps when I realize that I got a chance to witness someone so rare. 

She’s luminous. She just radiates charisma and confidence 

I saw her live during her S&S-tour..I remember thinking that she was so petite. I always thought of her as bigger. And she looked even more beautiful in real life. 

I saw her the first time up close at the private gig in Paris '03. She was magnificant! Tiny, elegant, much more beautiful irl. She looked flawless as did her skin. Not at all too muscular or something. She was so magnetic with those eyes and all. I will never ever forget that night.

Like it never happened. At least the first few times. I don't know why. Like she wasn't human but a spirit, energy,. A hallucination. She was also very serious looking in rit and  sas . Guarded. . Porcelain. I agree with the demon comment during these times 😂 

mdna I remember being able to see her behind the scenes from my seat n thought wow she's like s doll. I was curious watching her because she didn't make eye contact w any of her staff n I couldn't see her mouthing or saying anything, it was just her getting ready to get on stage each time n I was intrigued. By her focus.

we made eye contact a few times in rebel heart and it felt real authentic. She seemed more human here. 

12 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Saw her close up at Rebel Heart tour and thought she was the most beautiful entertainer singer I had ever seen.  More gorgeous in person than in pictures but I suspect they often deliberately pick her worst shots. Easily the most beautiful celebrity I have seen with the most charisma. 

Unlike most people, I did not find her tiny at all.  I knew she was 5 foot 4 and a half  which I know is average height. However after reading many reports that she is so little, I instead found she was exactly how I imagined her in height - average height.   

I've said this once before on this forum, the closest I have come to Madonna was meeting Kylie Minogue! 😆

Enjoyed reading all the stories here. I've been to both Girlie Show and Drowned World Tour was in nosebleed seats both times, unfortunately.

I was front row in S&S 2008/2009, MDNA and RH tours. The first time I saw her in 2008, at first I couldn't comprehend it. She looked like a ballet dancer: that was my impression, skinny, but unbelievable fit. Later, in the other tours, I felt she looked more feminine. Great eyes, she gave me the mike 2 times in 2008 and 2009 for Into the Groove :)

On 20/10/2017 at 11:45 PM, boy skeffington said:

When I met her I was struck by how large and imposing her eyes are. Of course in photos and film they are beautiful but in person and up close I was struck by their size and how they are her power center.

Yes. I saw her really close at the premier of WE in London and she looked like a doll. Shes really pretty. 

I was struck how perfect she looks. I remember everyone saying she looked so bad and all those unairbrushed pics leaked etc but in the golden triangle when you actually see her in the flesh it's like...shes perfect! She looks her age but perfect idk how else to describe it. She has the perfect body, the perfect face, the perfect hair...her moves are so fluid and it's literally like watching a music video of her cuz everything is so precise. With a show as hard as MDNA she made it seem like a piece of cake.

The most "deer in headlights" moment I have ever had. No words can adequately describe the feeling and experience of seeing her up close and in person. It is beyond overwhelming. 

On 22 October 2017 at 12:58 PM, anastaza said:

The most "deer in headlights" moment I have ever had. No words can adequately describe the feeling and experience of seeing her up close and in person. It is beyond overwhelming. 

I couldn't even cheer when I saw her for the first time. I literally stood there with my mouth open during Iconic and BIM. It wasn't until Holy Water that I was able to get into the concert.

MDNA tour was the first time I was close enough to say I'd seen her and I couldn't get my head around this was the woman is followed for 28 years. It was so odd. 

We made eye contact during RH LAP as she stood over is for the first verse and I felt so self conscious like I'd be a disappointment to her. You know how she can be critical of her fans. But I was still in awe too.

7 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

I couldn't even cheer when I saw her for the first time. I literally stood there with my mouth open during Iconic and BIM. It wasn't until Holy Water that I was able to get into the concert.

Isn't it insane?
Not to be overly dramatic (which I am, oh well), but it was almost like having those years and years of being a fan just flash before my eyes! lol
The first time I ever saw her in concert was for MDNA and it was an amazing experience, but my first "up close" concert experience for one of her shows was not until RHT.  It was just like, "holy shit, she's REAL!:wow:" Not an image in a magazine or on a television, but a person who is literally 5 feet away. Does that make sense? :D

IT'S TOO MUCH. :cries:

1 hour ago, anastaza said:

Isn't it insane?
Not to be overly dramatic (which I am, oh well), but it was almost like having those years and years of being a fan just flash before my eyes! lol
The first time I ever saw her in concert was for MDNA and it was an amazing experience, but my first "up close" concert experience for one of her shows was not until RHT.  It was just like, "holy shit, she's REAL!:wow:" Not an image in a magazine or on a television, but a person who is literally 5 feet away. Does that make sense? :D

me too ;) first time i saw her was during RIT so before social media when stars seemed untouchable.. i just kept thinking "OMG shes real!!!" i dont think newer generations can experience something like that anymore. every celeb is approachable. back then even knowing you're in the same city was special

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

me too ;) first time i saw her was during RIT so before social media when stars seemed untouchable.. i just kept thinking "OMG shes real!!!" i dont think newer generations can experience something like that anymore. every celeb is approachable. back then even knowing you're in the same city was special

You're totally right, it was a completely different world back then.
Everyone is just so hyper-connected now thanks to social media. 
And yeah, newer generations live in a different reality when it comes to all of this. Not good/not bad.  It just is what it is.

11 hours ago, jonski43 said:

MDNA tour was the first time I was close enough to say I'd seen her and I couldn't get my head around this was the woman is followed for 28 years. It was so odd. 

We made eye contact during RH LAP as she stood over is for the first verse and I felt so self conscious like I'd be a disappointment to her. You know how she can be critical of her fans. But I was still in awe too.

This is what was going through my head, like, this is the woman from the Frozen and Power of Goodbye videos. Somebody pinch me! Lol 

7 hours ago, anastaza said:

Isn't it insane?

Yes absolutely. I explain it the same way when people ask me what it was like. It's like seeing all the magazine covers, performances and iconic moments all coming alive in front of you all at once, like your life flashing before you.

Flawless, gorgeous skin. That was front row at Brixton Academy in 2000. Surreal.

12 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

Yes absolutely. I explain it the same way when people ask me what it was like. It's like seeing all the magazine covers, performances and iconic moments all coming alive in front of you all at once, like your life flashing before you.

<3 <3

To be honest, RHT was the first time I saw her in real life, so near and yet so far.

She's very beautiful, gorgeous and sexy, and you couldn't tell she's hitting 60 soon.

At first, I was a little reluctant to get the most expensive ticket aka front seat but at the end I decided to (mostly because of the damn limited edition book :americanlife: ).

Guess what? She meant what she had once said: "I'm worth it!!!"

YASSS GURL!!!  every single cents!!!  I enjoyed the concert so much!

If I ever get a chance to see her again, I will be the first one to get the front row without any hesitation.

I've been lucky to see her close up several times now. I was just under the disco ball about 6 rows back for confessions, maybe 10 rows off to the side for Sticky and Sweet and front row for MDNA. (maybe 8 rows away by the cross for RH). I've seen all the tours since DW, all but RH more than once. Of the times I've seen her up close, first row at MDNA was the closest. Like most, I was taken aback by just how small and slight she is. Your eyes don't believe themselves and the brain reads their sight almost like she's a robot or mannequin. Then she walks by and you can see rippled abs, a muscular frame and DETERMINATION in every step. Strong. Human. Flesh. Real. During confessions, she looked like Madonna had stepped out of the backing screen right onto the stage, connecting and peering into the eyes of anyone close enough to see back into them. During MDNA, I have to say it/she seemed very controlled, deliberate and maybe a little colder. I'm sure it was the feeling of the show - the chameleon in the videos is also the chameleon on the stage. I would agree with those who said there is just "something" or an "energy" around her. As soon as she comes on the stage, anyone able to see right into her face KNOWS someone or something has entered the room. You can feel it. No wonder some of the biggest names in music/movies/art mention that they get struck when meeting her. I'm sure it's part of the circuitry that made her a legend. Few have it. Only a few in a generation. Rebel heart - I could see into her face when she was stage left cross. This time felt more relaxed, a little slower, more interested in connecting than impressing. She seemed more painter than soldier, even with the beginning sequence. Hope I get a chance to meet yet another Madonna in face view of another show. Hope the rumors aren't true! (That she's no longer interested in arena tours.)

6 hours ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

Your eyes don't believe themselves and the brain reads their sight almost like she's a robot or mannequin. Then she walks by and you can see rippled abs, a muscular frame and DETERMINATION in every step.

That's our gal! When we admire someone as talented and amazing as Madonna, that blurring between myth and instant reality can be confronting. In this world of dime-a-dozen social media harlots with no discernible talents to speak of, Madonna is pretty much the last of the bona fide Superstars.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

That's our gal! When we admire someone as talented and amazing as Madonna, that blurring between myth and instant reality can be confronting. In this world of dime-a-dozen social media harlots with no discernible talents to speak of, Madonna is pretty much the last of the bona fide Superstars.

image.jpeg

For sure.  I have seen many stars live and close up that are wonderful. However  none have come remotely close to Madonna for performance, charisma and star power.

Dick Clark noticed it straight away at the beginning of her career and he was a man who saw music superstars all the time.  

13 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

For sure.  I have seen many stars live and close up that are wonderful. However  none have come remotely close to Madonna for performance, charisma and star power.

Dick Clark noticed it straight away at the beginning of her career and he was a man who saw music superstars all the time.  

True, that. Strangely enough, the only other star I felt had charisma to burn meeting her was k.d.lang. Though, total different league to Madame Ciccone.

People always look surprised when I tell them that Madonna looks different in person than in all those pictures. Much prettier.

I saw her in Gothenburg 2009. 4-5 metres away. 🙂

I literally was 3 feet away from her…(at the Hard Candy Gym in Toronto opening)….maybe because she wasn't performing….maybe because she had a sprained ankle…..but….what  I can tell you she was very tiny, and looked frail…and vulnerable…….I just wanted to hug her and protect her.

I was within a few feet of her night 1 for MDNA in Houston and front row stage night 2, floor about 9 seats from catwalk RHT Chicago. She pointed the gun at me and winked night 1 and touched my hand night 2 (MDNA). VERY tiny. Her skin was flawless. Only "flaw" was a noticeable vein on her temple. She is gorgeous in person. She is very fit but her muscles do not look anything bulky like some pics make them out to be. Just very very fit. Like I said, she is tiny and her muscles match her body. 

On 10/25/2017 at 3:43 AM, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

True, that. Strangely enough, the only other star I felt had charisma to burn meeting her was k.d.lang. Though, total different league to Madame Ciccone.

Wow. I adore k.d. lang, so this is a very interesting point. Would love to see her live. 

Saw her up close in both RIT (front and center stage -- amazing tickets) and RHT (right in front of the cross stage, so she was directly in front of me during the runway performances). Can barely even remember RIT it was so incredible. I was jumping up and down and screaming and just acting a damn fool cuz she was right there! and must have caught her attention cuz QUEEN POINTED RIGHT AT ME DURING "NOBODY KNOWS ME" AND I DAMN NEAR FAINTED.

For real, though, I think I almost fainted. I don't really remember what happened next. I know that I stopped jumping and just stood there, looking at her as she looked at me. My jaw must have dropped or something. Everything afterwards is kind of fuzzy (seriously, I think I may have been on the verge of fainting) and next thing I remember is her conveyer belting over to the side platform that raised up.

Remains the greatest Madonna concert-going experience of my life. Only thing that could ever top is if I get to touch her hand.

Remember thinking how FABULOUS she looked in RHT -- especially during the rockabilly set. She was so small and gorgeous up close. Loved her makeup on that tour.