MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DitaDolla

For all of you who saw Madonna live, close up...

What was your first impression?:inlove:

Have you been positively or negatively surprised? 

What is the biggest difference between M on TV and M 2,3 meters in front of you?

When I met her I was struck by how large and imposing her eyes are. Of course in photos and film they are beautiful but in person and up close I was struck by their size and how they are her power center.

It was such a surreal moment. 

I was struck by how flawless her skin is.

I was struck by how even when the lights are out and we aren't supposed to see her she stays "in character" 

I was struck by how utterly perfection her eyes are and how they are the most commanding force on the planet. 

I was struck by how she made an hour feel like a second.

In other words, I can't wait to experience it again. 

i cant recall cause it all seems so surreal

thank god for video and photos. i cant believe how lucky I am to have the experiences Ive had

Her skin is FLAWLESS

I remember being in the golden triangle at MDNA during Like A Virgin, analyzing every square inch of her face and body....completely mesmerized by her perfection (I always tell people, there was no photoshop in sight and she looked immaculate)

And yes, like others above, I have to comment on how POWERFUL her eyes are! At one point we locked eyes, and it was so powerful and so intimidating - there was so much emotion in there.

Good god, she IS god!

there is a light explosion around her and energy that is quite unique

I loved how focused she was, a true dancer. eyes focused at one point. 

skin was fine, quite a lot of stage make up tho

confessions tour: I noticed she was much bigger hair and smaller body than on screen.... other shows not so much

She looks much better in person than pics except in RHT during ICONIC.. after that segment she looked as good as always... 

It is a surreal experience as others have mentioned, it’s like OMG she’s fucking REAL!!!

She looks more beautiful in person than in pictures and her skin, eyes and smile are very captivating or I don’t know, intriguing??? 

She’s very small and delicate, that also comes as a surprise... 

I saw once that her face denoted a little bit of nervousness or full of energy at the very beginning of the MDNAT so that made her even more human, being real and surreal at the same time... 

Once we made eye contact for just a millisecond and she obviously left me wanting more. 

The first time I saw her front row was MDNA, and I will never...as long as I live...forget the moment she lifted her veil to reveal her face at the beginning of GGW. I had a rush of energy travel through my body that made my heartbeat intensify and my palms began to sweat. The instant I had been waiting for all night had arrived. Suddenly, the lines, the wristbands, the email panic, the contest, the ticket price, the late start...it all seemed worth it. She looked incredible. Unreal. Like a religious figure appearing before me.

But it got better. As she began the performance and strutted directly toward me, I gasped and had to back up a bit. The icon that I have worshipped since the age of five was in front of me...in the flesh...breathing...sweating...smiling. I've seen her that close several more times since that moment in 2012, but the first time remains the most otherworldly.

Can't wait for more amazing tour experiences in the future! How lucky we are.

Guest cailohfornia
5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Like a religious figure appearing before me.

THIS x100!

I couldn't get over how incredibly tiny she is. and her face is beautiful and flawless...like a porcelain doll. I literally couldn't take my eyes off her.

I was struck at how petite she was. It was THE most surreal moment of my life standing just centimetres away across a table.  She had amazing skin, large eyes and she was so sweet. Can't imagine how some people say she's bitchy, she really wasn't. I'll never forget. 

Mind you, this is when I met her at a book signing, not live on stage 

“She is so tiny and CUTE!”

I got to have her mic in my face for Open Your Heart on MDNA Tour, and, like others have said, it's those eyes. Looking right into mine , focussing on this moment of the show as much as every other. It was amazing 

I remember being completely blown away! It was as though a nuclear warhead of Goddess proportions hit me straight in my heart - AND I LOVED IT!

After loving her since the age of 5, I finally got a chance to see her live during the RHT. London and Paris (first shows of both cities)

In London, I was kinda far (good seats, but not exactly the floor), and when she descended from the cade in ICONIC, I was a crying mess. It was only until Burning Up did I manage to recover and totally absorb the fact that I'm here in the presence of a Goddess.  Breathing the same air as her, and sharing each and every second of her two-hour romp with her. I swear to god, my skin was tingling for a whole week. 

Tho not exactly near the stage in London, I was amazed by how she radiates such divine energy. I didn't once need to look at the screens above - I could see her shining through ever so clearly. I could see every expression, every curl of her lips, every wink of her eyes, and contortion of her Michelangelo-like sculpted body (with new Botticelli curves) - with crystal clear vision! She held the entire 02 Arena within the palm of her hands - and my heart dangled dangerously upon the tip of her middle-finger's nail - and she made me love it all the more.

In Paris, my friends who got me tickets, surprised me by getting me standing tickets so that I could be close to the heart. I wanted to camp outside Bercy all day, but unfortunately couldn't. So instead of being right next to the heart, we were about 4 rows of people away from the heart. It didn't matter - it was still FUCKING CLOSE! 

I thought London had prepared me, but boy was I wrong! The minute M took her first waltz towards the Heart in Holy Water for a brief second, we made eye contact and she winked my way - I died! I literally DIED!!! Even though, it was just for a second, I could see her skin was immaculate and had this milky radiance to it. Almost as though even her sweat would taste exquisitely delicious. Her dewy lips when curled into a smile could out sparkle even the Hope Diamond. And those eyes! Those jewelled twinkling stars that can mesmerise even the largest iceberg to melt into a puddle of water. When they look upon you - you're sucked into her world of 'turkish delights and so much more' (I couldn't help myself)

We made eye-contact at least 6 times after that. During the end of LDLHA when she's about to lift the stairs, she winked at me and I went all "YAAASSS KWEEEN". During the first LAV verse, she pointed her finger at me in "Yeah you maaaaaaade me feel", I metaphorically came in my pants. During the tequila shots of the medley, she flashed a quick smile before she spun around and downed her shots. I kinda pissed her off because she was giving her speech in Paris about the attacks and stuff, and twice I interrupted her by going "I LOVE YOU MADONNA!!!!" - she made a face that reminded me of the Pajama Party during the Bedtime Stories era, when fans wouldn't let her finish her reading of "Miss Spider's Tea Party". She forgave me afterwards with a playful acknowledging nod during Rebel Heart. 

It truly is a divine experience to see M live up close and bask in all her epic glory!

These descriptions! I love MNation.

on RHT especially iconic you can see how big her eyes really are. but when shes standing right in front of you on a stage it's really hard to make out if M is looking at you at all, because of all the light coming from behind her, so her eyes look black. ive never seen her on the same level as me so I cant talk about her height, but I assume it's mostly her body frame/dancer's body that makes her seem tinier than she really is. 5'4" is average for a woman anyway.

porcelain face/body. delicate.

the best I can compare her with are those really talented modern/classical female dancers. they move just like M. so fluent. they have a talent us normal folk don't have which is the awareness of their body, it's their instrument.. and every movement is deliberate (yet looks natural) and they know exactly how we see them.

I’m not gonna lie, the anticipation I felt once the lights went down was crazy! I couldn’t believe she was going to be in the SAME ROOM as me :dramatic:

Madonna emerged on her throne, beaming like a sculpted goddess, spread eagle, singing Candy Shop & I’ve been OBSESSED ever since.

34 minutes ago, Nikki said:

the best I can compare her with are those really talented modern/classical female dancers. they move just like M. so fluent. they have a talent us normal folk don't have which is the awareness of their body, it's their instrument.. and every movement is deliberate (yet looks natural) and they know exactly how we see them.

Couldn’t have said it better! She’s an undeniable performer & her presence is very commanding.

My cousin & I were GAGGING @ how easily she out-danced her own backup dancers :rotfl:

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

These descriptions! I love MNation.

:yes: MNation is a great place to simply read when I’m not posting. It’s a beautiful sanctuary.

Saw her close up at Rebel Heart tour and thought she was the most beautiful entertainer singer I had ever seen.  More gorgeous in person than in pictures but I suspect they often deliberately pick her worst shots. Easily the most beautiful celebrity I have seen with the most charisma. 

Unlike most people, I did not find her tiny at all.  I knew she was 5 foot 4 and a half  which I know is average height. However after reading many reports that she is so little, I instead found she was exactly how I imagined her in height - average height.   

Guest cailohfornia

This thread is amazing. Just reading everyone's experiences with seeing M so up close and having a collective "surreal/otherworldy/magical" moment makes me so blessed to have someone as humanly divine as her who can touch lives by her work, her presence, her energy, her words, and yes... those eyes.

I have seen her twice already but probably not as close-up as most of you guys have but it's all true. It was something that took over my body; something that projected me astrally while I was getting so lightheaded and confused and happy and nervous. During the RHT on the Latin section/special acoustic song section... I saw her about 20feet away.  And oh my God is she DIVINE -- porcelain skin, petite figure, graceful movement, that SMILE and yes those eyes! I blacked out or had no clue what was going on as she started to sing "Frozen." I feel so blessed to have seen her so up close and witness the legend that is. Next tour I will pay $1000+ to be front row and center.

Like @Shaun said and to put it simply... it was like seeing one of those Virgin Mary statues I adored when I was 6 come to life and started coming towards you with rays of light behind her.

When she stares at you her evil eyes punch through you and you start questioning whether she really is a demon. (NOT kidding)  

I saw her very close at the sticky and sweet tour Buenos Aires, I was so close to her that I was in shock most of the concert cause she was so close.I remember that the show stage was huge and i couldn't really see the whole stage at the position I was , but i didn't care cause i was just seeing her all the time ..She looks so much better than the pictures that we saw of her at that time.....she never appeared older than 30 years old..her skin was flawless really amazing. At the flamenco section, she sat down really close to the people and she started to pose for pictures, very nicely and gentle....she looks much better in person than in pictures at 50!......I also saw her very close at the MDNA tour, i saw her first at rehearsals she looked tired, not a pretty look for people who never saw her, i think those rehearsals were not a good idea for general public...but then when she appeared at the show she was flawless i didnt know how she did it 

Edited by dario

Closest I ever was was at an album signing, she looked directly into my eyes and stayed there, very intense.

I saw Madonna pretty up close for the bedtime story video release party which was obviously a very long time ago! She looked gorgeous & sexy! It helped that she was in a great mood as evidenced by the mtv broadcast from that night.

Was pretty near her during MDNAT. Was still mesmerized after all these years by her beauty and natural grace.💓Madonna is one of the few remaining old Skool type superstars in the age of dumb reality shows and social media. Let’s continue appreciating the queen while we can! 

I saw her in Nashville upclose and I have to say, she has this mysterious energy. It’s not because I know that she’s a big star, but it’s because she just carries that POWERFUL energy as a person. She filled the entire arena with it and like I’ve already shared before, it felt as if a black panther was chasing around the arena swaying people into a trance. It felt as if a huge ship was suspended in the air and there was this POWER, MIGHT, something rare and unexplainable. 

10 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I saw her in Nashville upclose and I have to say, she has this mysterious energy. It’s not because I know that she’s a big star, but it’s because she just carries that POWERFUL energy as a person. She filled the entire arena with it and like I’ve already shared before, it felt as if a black panther was chasing around the arena swaying people into a trance. It felt as if a huge ship was suspended in the air and there was this POWER, MIGHT, something rare and unexplainable. 

some people just have something special. everyone was saying how much of a star M seemed before she was famous just because she has that energy and charisma. You very rarely meet people like that IRL. you sometimes hear of stars being in control and confident pre-fame, but that star like quality is something else. M's energy reminds me of the actresses from the golden age of hollywood (marilyn, marlene, bette.. even edith piaf.. many women M mentions herself). there's something almost intimidating about them.