MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cailohfornia

Thalía thread

Guest cailohfornia

Image result for thalia telenovelas

Image result for thalia telenovelas Image result for thalia 1990sImage result for thalia amor a la mexicana

Related image Related image

Image result for thalia arrasando Image result for thalia con banda

Image result for thalia viva tour Image result for thalia 2016

Image result for thalia latina love tour

Image result for thalia

Welcome to the Thalía thread where we get to discuss about the queen of latin pop's past, current, and future endeavors & projects. This includes her iconic telenovelas, music/discography, videography, concert tours, vocals, activism, personal life, social media posts, and anything that has to do with this gorgeous international Mexican superstar and icon. 

Screenshot_2017-10-19-09-51-27-1.png

She had the reverse career than Mariah.  Once she married Mottola she disappeared. And she was very BIG in Latin markets before! 

Guest cailohfornia
15 hours ago, Hector said:

Yesss! Thank you @Hector for reminding me of my fave Thalinovela! 

This telenovela def uppped my mexican slang vocab like 200% hahaha!

Itati Cantoral is queen too! 

Guest cailohfornia
8 hours ago, Gus said:

Screenshot_2017-10-19-09-51-27-1.png

Aside from her incorrect 90sSong hashtag, yaaasss!

Guest cailohfornia
9 hours ago, karbatal said:

She had the reverse career than Mariah.  Once she married Mottola she disappeared. And she was very BIG in Latin markets before! 

I have to agree with you @karbatal

Thalia was not only HUGE in Spanish + Latin American markets such as Argentina, Chile, Peru, and even Brazil... Thalia also reached international superstardom and fame by the time 1995 - 1996 rolled in. She was HUGE in Asian markets like Japan, Indonesia... but she was revered like no other in The Philippines where she was severely idolized ever since Filipino TV audiences got a taste of their first ever Mexican telenovela "Marimar" in 1994. She was so big over there in The Philippines that the government requested her to do a "state visit" to the country in 1996 sponsored of course by the President and his government over there. She did a total of 2 visits to Philippines, and on her second visit in 1997 she simultaneously released her first foreign language/first English album with "Nandito Ako" an album half in English and half in Filipino which were the official languages of the Philippines. Her popularity reached an all time high in The Philippines in 1999 - 2000 during the broadcast of her last telenovela "Rosalinda." By this time her telenovelas and her music had reached markets and audiences in Russia, Bulgaria, Greece, France, Middle East and many more countries thanks to her telenovelas. According to Televisa, her telenovelas had been seen by about "2 billion people and were sold to 180 countries for broadcast." Wow! 

However, you are right about her career spiraling down after her marriage. Upon marrying Mottola I did feel that she had ambitions of crossing over to U.S. audiences/market that she may have abandoned her international following in so many countries including perhaps her strongest market, Latin America. Not to mention she stopped doing telenovelas after 1999 which I think was a huge mistake in her career. From 2002 - 2009, she did have a decrease in popularity and in my opinion was not making the same quality Latin Pop music she used to do in the 90's and early 2000s. I even stopped following her from 2003 to 2010 because her music just didn't click with me as much as it did before. She did have a resurgence after her successful live album/DVD "Primera Fila" and from there on she's had solid adult contemporary albums and she seems to have reconnected with her audience once again thanks to "Primera Fila" in 2009. 

I have a feeling that half of the motives for marrying Mottola were for business/credibility/augmented fame/financial reasons (only my opinion lol) although Thalia herself has said many times in the past of finding true love with him... I suppose so if they have 2 kids together. 

In recent years, I've been liking her albums and been following her more however she's just so into her Macy's fashion line a little way too much than she would be for artistic projects like films/telenovelas/music. The entire world is still waiting for the day she "returns to telenovelas" and each year there seems to be rumors upon rumors about her doing a telenovela that get people hyped up but ends up being false anyway. Oh well, I'm just hoping for the best and she still is a great artist and has one of the most unique vocals which is my #1 favorite things about her.

Guest cailohfornia

Here you go @Hector, @karbatal, @Gus ! 

An interesting report from 1997/1998 comparing her to our Immaculate Queen of Pop lol!

Fabulous lol. Here she is working out to Unapologetic Bitch a couple years ago 

Telenovelas are not the rating monsters they used to be, I don't know anyone that watches them in Mexico, especially now with Netflix 

this bitch's career is done and has been done since like 10 years now. 

Didn't she released an album for kids?

Most of her normal recent albums are boring AF. However I think she scored a hit thanks to Maluma (before Shakira). I'll give her that 😂 

Guest cailohfornia
37 minutes ago, Hector said:

Fabulous lol. Here she is working out to Unapologetic Bitch a couple years ago 

OMFG! Yas! Hahaha I didn't see this because I was not following her every move back in 2015!

It's clear she loves M! 

Guest cailohfornia
3 minutes ago, graffitiheart said:

Telenovelas are not the rating monsters they used to be, I don't know anyone that watches them in Mexico, especially now with Netflix 

this bitch's career is done and has been done since like 10 years now. 

Didn't she released an album for kids?

Most of her normal recent albums are boring AF. However I think she scored a hit thanks to Maluma (before Shakira). I'll give her that 😂 

Agree with you on telenovelas not being huge as they used to be. I mean we have shows on Netflix like "Ingobernable" now or anything druglord/drug-trafficking related lol...

Her career... has had a steady downhill path like I said on one of the posts above. I do blame it on her (1) marriage to Mottola (2) overestimated her U.S. crossover of 2003 that led to her abandoning her original fanbase from Latin America, Europe, Asia (Philippines especially) and (3) her damn Macy's line!

She did release an album of Traditional Mexican songs for Kids, yes lol! And with her recent albums, she has toned it down for a more adult contemporary audience... which is okay.

And OMG she's the reason why I follow Maluma now though LOL! 

Guest cailohfornia

THIS 1991 POP-ROCK BOP LITERALLY GIVES ME EVERLASTING LIFE EVERY TIME I HEAR IT!

MELODY, LYRICS, GUITAR SOLO, LATE 80S ANTHEM VIBE...YAAAAS!

2 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

THIS 1991 POP-ROCK BOP LITERALLY GIVES ME EVERLASTING LIFE EVERY TIME I HEAR IT!

MELODY, LYRICS, GUITAR SOLO, LATE 80S ANTHEM VIBE...YAAAAS!

My favorite by hers along wih Sangre, Fuego Cruzado & Pacto Entre los Dos. 

Guest cailohfornia
13 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

My favorite by hers along wih Sangre & Pacto Entre los Dos. 

OMG yes! You have no idea how much “En La Intimidad” puts me in the best mood always! “Sangre” is eternal! How about “En Silencio” ?

4 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Must:

All. Those. Are. In. My. Top. 5!

My #1 ever is “Entre...”

Amazing vocal queen!

This bitch and Salma hayek married the (rich) client, lol! Had to be added.

I really liked the song she did with Erik Rubín a couple of years ago:

Guest cailohfornia
1 hour ago, Icykiller said:

This bitch and Salma hayek married the (rich) client, lol! Had to be added.

I really liked the song she did with Erik Rubín a couple of years ago:

Lol oh no not Salma too!? (sorry don't really know much about her personal life)

YES THIS SONG IS LIFE! Love their harmonies together.

Fav part is towards the end "entre los dooooooooos" repeatedly belted so gorgeously

Guest cailohfornia

One of my fave performances from her ("Pienso En Ti" only)! Vocals, emotion, adlibs... maybe the outfit too lol.

Many think she was a "screamer" but I think she just had confidence in her voice to reach those high notes, controlled or uncontrolled.

Chills at 06:08 and especially at 06:17!

I love how in the beginning she went from Quinceañera To full-on slut

Guest cailohfornia
3 hours ago, mamifero said:

Yas Pablo Flores Remix come through! 🎶🙌🏼

Guest cailohfornia
1 hour ago, graffitiheart said:

I love how in the beginning she went from Quinceañera To full-on slut

Oh my Jesus haven’t seen this ever but THAT OUTFIT! 😍

1989 Cher eat your heart out lol

Singing LAP

Sign in to follow this