Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cailohfornia

Madonna's LIVE VOCALS on all tours

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have a link to a youtube video of the RIT performance of Express Yourself and Madonna sings the “Dont go for...” too early and then realizes it and says “oh shit”?

I saw it in a thread on here but I  cant remember which one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a thread like this some time ago on Infinity and here are some corrections to make. There are some confusions due to the fact that sometimes, the backing track is really loud. (If I do not say anything about a song, then it means that it was sung live, with or without backing track help).

The Virgin Tour, Who's That Girl Tour and Sticky and Sweet Tour were all 100% live!

Blond Ambition Tour:

-Express Yourself was live during the first few shows, but was then lip-synced.

-Now I'm Following You and Vogue were lip-synced, though live vocals can be heard at the end of Vogue during the Barcelona show.

The Girlie Show:

-Erotica's sung portions were live during the first show, then it was completely lip-synced for the rest of the tour.

-Fever was lip-synced during most of the Europe shows, but otherwise was live.

-The beginning of Vogue is live, but after the first line of the first verse, it's lip-synced.

-Justify My Love is lip-synced for most of the song, but towards the end, it's live.

Drowned World Tour:

-Sky Fits Heaven is lip-synced.

Re-Invention Tour:

-Vogue, Nobody Knows Me and Die Another Day were lip-synced during all the shows.

-American Life's autotuned and rap sections were lip-synced as well.

-Papa Don't Preach and Into the Groove were lip-synced for most of the tour. Into the Groove was sung live once if I'm not mistaken, while Papa Don't Preach was sung live multiple times throughout the tour.

Confessions Tour:

-Future Lovers/I Feel Love was live during the first show, but was then lip-synced for the rest of the tour.

-Sorry was lip-synced except the few bits at the end where it's live. Same for Lucky Star, where it's all playback except the bridge and the final chorus.

-During the show at Fresno, Madonna was sick and lip-synced more songs than usual. She lip-synced the songs mentionned above as described, but also lip-synced Music Inferno, Erotica/You Thrill Me, La Isla Bonita and Hung Up (except the final chorus).

MDNA Tour:

-Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Hung Up, Give Me All Your Luvin' and Vogue were lip-synced from the beggining to the end during all the shows.

-Gang Bang's first lines, as well as the shouting bits at the end, are live, but the rest of the song is lip-synced.

-For most of the Express Yourself performances, the choruses and Born This Way part weren't live but the rest was. However, she sometimes lip-synced the song in full as well (except the intro and "1,2,3,4!").

-Most of the I'm Addicted performances were live, however, like Express Yourself, it was sometimes fully lip-synced.

-Celebration's verses are live, but the pre-choruses and choruses aren't. The Give It 2 Me bit is live tho.

Rebel Heart Tour:

-Bitch I'm Madonna was initially sung live, but after a few shows, it was lip-synced except for the shouting parts.

-The Vogue rap is lip-synced.

-During the gypsy medley, Into the Groove was lip-synced occasionally.

 

Once again, songs that aren't mentionned were sung live, with or without backing vocals assist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the compilation, it was a nice read!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 7:07 AM, Curtains said:

I did a thread like this some time ago on Infinity and here are some corrections to make. There are some confusions due to the fact that sometimes, the backing track is really loud. (If I do not say anything about a song, then it means that it was sung live, with or without backing track help).

The Virgin Tour, Who's That Girl Tour and Sticky and Sweet Tour were all 100% live!

Blond Ambition Tour:

-Express Yourself was live during the first few shows, but was then lip-synced.

-Now I'm Following You and Vogue were lip-synced, though live vocals can be heard at the end of Vogue during the Barcelona show.

The Girlie Show:

-Erotica's sung portions were live during the first show, then it was completely lip-synced for the rest of the tour.

-Fever was lip-synced during most of the Europe shows, but otherwise was live.

-Justify My Love is lip-synced for most of the song, but towards the end, it's live.

Drowned World Tour:

-Sky Fits Heaven is lip-synced.

Re-Invention Tour:

-Vogue, Nobody Knows Me and Die Another Day were lip-synced during all the shows.

-American Life's autotuned and rap sections were lip-synced as well.

-Papa Don't Preach and Into the Groove were lip-synced for most of the tour. Into the Groove was sung live once if I'm not mistaken, while Papa Don't Preach was sung live multiple times throughout the tour.

Confessions Tour:

-Future Lovers/I Feel Love was live during the first show, but was then lip-synced for the rest of the tour.

-Sorry was lip-synced except the few bits at the end where it's live. Same for Lucky Star, where it's all playback except the bridge and the final chorus.

-During the show at Fresno, Madonna was sick and lip-synced more songs than usual. She lip-synced the songs mentionned above as described, but also lip-synced Music Inferno, Erotica/You Thrill Me, La Isla Bonita and Hung Up (except the final chorus).

MDNA Tour:

-Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Hung Up, Give Me All Your Luvin' and Vogue were lip-synced from the beggining to the end during all the shows.

-Gang Bang's first lines, as well as the shouting bits at the end, are live, but the rest of the song is lip-synced.

-For most of the Express Yourself performances, the choruses and Born This Way part weren't live but the rest was. However, she sometimes lip-synced the song in full as well (except the intro and "1,2,3,4!").

-Most of the I'm Addicted performances were live, however, like Express Yourself, it was sometimes fully lip-synced.

-Celebration's verses are live, but the pre-choruses and choruses aren't. The Give It 2 Me bit is live tho.

Rebel Heart Tour:

-Bitch I'm Madonna was initially sung live, but after a few shows, it was lip-synced except for the shouting parts.

-The Vogue rap is lip-synced.

-During the gypsy medley, Into the Groove was lip-synced occasionally.

 

Once again, songs that aren't mentionned were sung live, with or without backing vocals assist.

Vogue on girlie is Lypsinched too

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 12:35 AM, dcbyebyebaby said:

Does anyone have a link to a youtube video of the RIT performance of Express Yourself and Madonna sings the “Dont go for...” too early and then realizes it and says “oh shit”?

I saw it in a thread on here but I  cant remember which one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 10:39 PM, Starman said:

Vogue on girlie is Lypsinched too

 

 

Forgot that one, edited my post above.

"The beginning of Vogue is live, but after the first line of the first verse, it's lip-synced."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing thread! Love reading about this stuff, it's so fascinating to me to hear about how much is live and how much isn't.

 

But there's something i wonder about the Blond Ambition tour. I recently watched the show from Yokohama and i think at least part of the Holiday song is lip synced. Look at 1:29:27:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlQsHq5P6A

 

We hear her sing "if we took a holiday" but we can see she's not actually singing that part. Can anyone tell me about it, i'm confused. Thanks :thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, madonnasuperfan01 said:

Amazing thread! Love reading about this stuff, it's so fascinating to me to hear about how much is live and how much isn't.

 

But there's something i wonder about the Blond Ambition tour. I recently watched the show from Yokohama and i think at least part of the Holiday song is lip synced. Look at 1:29:27:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlQsHq5P6A

 

We hear her sing "if we took a holiday" but we can see she's not actually singing that part. Can anyone tell me about it, i'm confused. Thanks :thumbsup:

 

 

That's an editing glitch. If you look at the original broadcast (with slightly different camera angles) you see that it doesn't happen. I don't know why they allowed that to slip out, but they did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kim said:

 

That's an editing glitch. If you look at the original broadcast (with slightly different camera angles) you see that it doesn't happen. I don't know why they allowed that to slip out, but they did.

 

 

Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is there a realistic unbiased (scientific?) explanation on why M's live vocals have deteriorated so much in the last 10 years or so?

I mean, compare The Girlie Show to Sticky and Sweet, it's like two different people.

Edited by functions_X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, functions_X said:

Is there a realistic unbiased (scientific?) explanation on why M's live vocals have deteriorated so much in the last 10 years or so?

I mean, compare The Girlie Show to Sticky and Sweet, it's like two different people.

I think it has a lot to do with the technology and the use of backing tracks now. She stoped caring much after RIT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starman said:

I think it has a lot to do with the technology and the use of backing tracks now. She stoped caring much after RIT.

Could be, and I think that Donna was big help, because their voices blended perfectly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw RHT in Chicago. She sang live 100% over a light backing track from what I remember. Her voice was very prominent. I saw her a few months later in Houston and it was the worst I have ever heard her of the 9 times over 30 years I've seen her. She sang live, mostly, but over heavy, loud backing track. She was sick at the time which accounted for her vocals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Saw her on Drowned World Tour in London and she sounded great live . The second time was Abu Dhabi for MDNA and I think that was almost 70 % non -live vocal .

Then I saw for RHT when she came to Bangkok and she sang live for most of the show and she sounded AMAZING .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next thread: How much of the guitar parts does she ACTUALLY play LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 4:05 PM, Maleficent said:

Next thread: How much of the guitar parts does she ACTUALLY play LOL

I'm actually really interested in hearing people's thoughts, as well as being presented with facts and proofs, on this subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vinny said:

I'm actually really interested in hearing people's thoughts, as well as being presented with facts and proofs, on this subject.

Accidentally unplugs her guitar and you don't hear her play again until it's plugged again 

1:19

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gus said:

Accidentally unplugs her guitar and you don't hear her play again until it's plugged again 

1:19

 

Thank you!

I always thought Candy Perfume Girl and I Love New York (CT) were the best rock remixes she's done, both sounding amazing, especially guitar-wise.

I never knew if she was actually playing or just pretending to play because I know it took her some time to learn and both those songs sound GREAT. It's nixe to know she indeed can rock out.

Kinda wonder why Ray of Light and Hung Up (S&S) don't sound as good/rock as hard, and I actually like the Ray of Light arrangement, but it sounds... weak compared to the ones I mentioned above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an addendum, I SO prefer this look and hairstyle than the one we got for the official recording. Her make-up looks like it was done differently too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always assumed she played the guitar live because I remember reading that she didn't include Dress You Up on the RIT because it was too difficult.  I think it was DYU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 9:05 PM, Maleficent said:

Next thread: How much of the guitar parts does she ACTUALLY play LOL

she is playing live, but basically just repeating a few simple chords, and Monte is playing the real riffs in the background

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is her best moment ever :inlove: 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karbatal said:

This is her best moment ever :inlove: 

 

 

 

Haters will say it’s playback 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×