MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XXL

WHAT ABOUT: when Goldfrapp appeared on Italian TV

That vid won't work for me. What happened?

:popcorn:

The balloons!!! What happen??? Eh??? :lmao:

Yes Yes Yessss! I was looking 4 it on Youtube recently, but it's gone...

What about her anal warts though?

Is that it?

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, CzarnaWisnia said:

Is that it?

Yes! :lmao:

Thank you

I've been looking for it everywhere. Simona put her in her place. Can you imagine if Madonna had been such an annoying little troll? You'd have dissertations about it from here to Timbuktu

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, acko said:

Yes Yes Yessss! I was looking 4 it on Youtube recently, but it's gone...

Yes :grins:

It used to be on youtube

Probably she had it deleted

Q: Have you ever heard Madonna’s ‘Like It Or Not’ from ‘Confessions on A Dancefloor’? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record. ‘Black Cherry’ to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘Never heard it, that song. I couldn’t care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people’s work. yuck.’

Q: Well you guys are quite good at it yourself : ‘Ooh La La’ was a T-Rex rip-off. ‘Cologne Cerrone Houdini’ could have been any Gainsbourg song on ‘Historie de Melody Nelson’. And those are just two examples.

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc.. . Everyone should know by now that Marc Bolan was my idol growing up. But we’ll never be caught following the latest trend or collaborating with the hottest DJs and producers just to get their names on our record sleeves. That’s not our style.

:rolleyes:

https://allaboutmadonna.com/2010/03/alison-goldfrapp-on-madonna-again.php

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, Suedehead said:

The balloons!!! What happen??? Eh??? :lmao:

night_day1.jpg

Who's copying whom Lady?

alison_goldgrapp_madonna_wannabe.jpg

:electropop:

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, nightcutter said:

That vid won't work for me. What happened?

:popcorn:

She's just being herself I guess :laugh:

An annoying conceited rude brat

If Almodovar calls us, now ! We had different offers, but so far we always refused, because we didn’t like the movies. For example, Madonna and Guy Ritchie asked us to do the soundtrack of Swept Away. Will and I felt honoured, we could even watch the preview at Madonna’s house. So we were sitting on the sofa with the Ritchies, but already five minutes later we knew this was becoming nothing. We were just terribly ashamed in their place, it was sooooo awful. Only one thought was spinning in my head: “Oh my God, pray they don’t ask me what i think of this.” But of course they did. I came up with this lousy excuse “Look, I’m so overwhelmed by being with you that i can’t concentrate on the movie. I’d have to watch it on my own.” Fortunately, everything got cancelled later.

HUMO: “Yesterday you looked a little bit like Madonna, until you opened your mouth – you sing better.”

ALISON: “I will take this as a compliment ?! Madonna is a pop icon, but i don’t like how she sucks the talent out of young people for every new record. Musically, I think she’s nothing. She always needs another super producer to stay trendy.”

HUMO: “But you also owe a lot to Will, don’t you?”

ALISON: “Look, I have the reputation of being a bitch, but people often just ask for it. If one more person asks me with a poker face whether Will writes the music and I the lyrics, I’ll throw them out of the window. Goldfrapp is really a musical collaboration.”

Oh jeez, now I want to burn my Goldfrapp collection.

Don't you just love how Ms greatest copycats always praise other performers like Beyoncé or Whitney to avert any suspicion. Sooo transparent! 

9 hours ago, XXL said:

If Almodovar calls us, now ! We had different offers, but so far we always refused, because we didn’t like the movies. For example, Madonna and Guy Ritchie asked us to do the soundtrack of Swept Away. Will and I felt honoured, we could even watch the preview at Madonna’s house. So we were sitting on the sofa with the Ritchies, but already five minutes later we knew this was becoming nothing. We were just terribly ashamed in their place, it was sooooo awful. Only one thought was spinning in my head: “Oh my God, pray they don’t ask me what i think of this.” But of course they did. I came up with this lousy excuse “Look, I’m so overwhelmed by being with you that i can’t concentrate on the movie. I’d have to watch it on my own.” Fortunately, everything got cancelled later.

HUMO: “Yesterday you looked a little bit like Madonna, until you opened your mouth – you sing better.”

ALISON: “I will take this as a compliment ?! Madonna is a pop icon, but i don’t like how she sucks the talent out of young people for every new record. Musically, I think she’s nothing. She always needs another super producer to stay trendy.”

ALISON: “Look, I have the reputation of being a bitch, but people often just ask for it. If one more person asks me with a poker face whether Will writes the music and I the lyrics, I’ll throw them out of the window. Goldfrapp is really a musical collaboration.”

Dear Alison,

Not when you've never had a number 1 album or single.

Not when your last top 40 single was 2008.

Not when you're back to performing at University venues.

And certainly not when the Queen invites you over to her house and you sit there on her couch, mentally slagging her off.

You have absolute zero respect!!!

That is all...

I saw Goldfrapp live last night, front row, and had an amazing time! I don't give a shit if she likes M or not. I love them both. 

I don't give a shit either, but I saw a club gig of theirs, like one album ago, and it was the worst sterile piece of boringness I had ever witnessed in my life.

14 minutes ago, acko said:

I don't give a shit either, but I saw a club gig of theirs, like one album ago, and it was the worst sterile piece of boringness I had ever witnessed in my life.

I saw them on Tales of Us tour and it was disappointing, they literally played the whole album and then a couple of hits on the encore. It was also really hot, everyone was uncomfortable.

I wouldn't normally give a shit about someone's opinion of Madonna as I believe the Queen can defend herself and the haters are usually jealous... but judging by Alison's wording, it seems she genuinely enjoys slagging off / belittling Madonna, and then when the interviewers suggests hypocrisy, she can justify her own 'copying'.

Funny how Gags gets ripped to shreds for mentioning Madonna but Alison gets away with it when she has said much worse.

On 10/21/2017 at 8:54 AM, XXL said:

and wtf is HUMO's problem (probably serge simonaert interviewing her) trying to make a dig at madonna again?

Alison is a conceited, up her herself, sulky bitch. She does not have to like Madonna but her unnecessary, nasty and untrue put downs are senseless, especially when Madonna had praised her.  She is up there with Sade. 

I don't care if she likes M or not. I don't see any problems with that. My problem is she's a real pathetic bitch. So fucking pretentious. Can't stand that. :sick:

And, btw, nobody cares about them anymore. Good karma. 

42 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Alison is a conceited, up her herself, sulky bitch. She does not have to like Madonna but her unnecessary, nasty and untrue put downs are senseless, especially when Madonna had praised her.  She is up there with Sade. 

:thumbsup:

Nobody is saying everyone should appreciate Madonna. It's her attitude to be the problem. As exemplified by her behaviour on that Italian TV show hosted by Simona Ventura. She was great in using sarcasm as an answer, the other comedian joining in with a broom :rotfl:

Seriously, who does she think she is?

from when were these interviews? i havent heard of goldfrapp in a long time. i think the confessions period. anyway, lots of "hot" stars nowadays collab with young people and they don't get criticized for it.

I love Goldfrapp and they've put out amazing albums singles and videos. However, after Seventh Tree you can totally tell they believed their own hype. For someone so above it all Head First seems pretty basic. She pretty much said the same about Gaga then all of a sudden began praising her and remixed Judas. I wanna say she's changed her tune on Madonna and has said nice things but very fake and PC about it. Also, in 2008 in Q magazine with M on the cover it was dedicated to female singers and there was an interview with Allison and she said she feels sorry for Madonna and Kylie because they have to depend on their image. Lol

On 10/22/2017 at 8:35 PM, runa said:

I don't care if she likes M or not. I don't see any problems with that. My problem is she's a real pathetic bitch. So fucking pretentious. Can't stand that. :sick:

And, btw, nobody cares about them anymore. Good karma. 

:lmao: But I love the video for "Stranger". 

On 10/22/2017 at 7:58 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

I think Madonna hates Sade so Alison is not "up there" kinda

8 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I think Madonna hates Sade so Alison is not "up there" kinda

Yes but these stuck up bitches annoy me.  I don't expect them to like Madonna but the arrogant way they mouth off about her says more about them. You can add that brat Lily Allen and demented screaming banshee Petty Lupone to that list.  Lily Allen said that Britney Spears was more talented and relevant than Madonna and has trashed her several times. 

On 27/10/2017 at 7:15 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes but these stuck up bitches annoy me.  I don't expect them to like Madonna but the arrogant way they mouth off about her says more about them. You can add that brat Lily Allen and demented screaming banshee Petty Lupone to that list.  Lily Allen said that Britney Spears was more talented and relevant than Madonna and has trashed her several times. 

Lilly Allen looks like a dinner lady who nobody cares about anymore.

11 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Lilly Allen looks like a dinner lady who nobody cares about anymore.

And even the name is stupid... :newspaper: 

Silver Eye  album is great. Just sayin.