MadonnaNation.com Forums
Rock

What was the deal with Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again?

Why, out of nowhere, there was, for 85 shows, an Eurythmics song performed in a Madonna tour?

It wasn't exactly a mash-up or a cover or like if Madonna decided to perform again her 1993 hit cuz 90% of it was the Eurythmics song with Lennox's voice.

Did it have anything to do with the fact that Madonna sang a whole verse in Annie's 2007 Sing single, so by default M should give Annie/Eurythmics some space in her new tour? Lol

:lol:

I just think that she recently mentioned she wanted water for some tours, i imagine it would have been for that performance and Devil.

This show is wrong on so many levels, :rotfl:

I think some of you take some of this stuff all way too literally.

I think she just put a song she likes and connected it to her song because of the "rain" in the title, nothing more than that, I think

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I think some of you take some of this stuff all way too literally.

exactly. it's a fucking interlude...

I’ve always had this theory that Annie Lennox just had her in song about her efforts in Africa and had been very vocal about her work, so maybe Madonna being invested in the same philanthropic issues gave her some notoriety trough bringing some attention in her most famous song (even if it was an eurythmics song). 

Guest cailohfornia

Y'all that interlude mashup was pretty cool. I wouldn't have known of that amazing Eurythmics song if it wasn't for M (yet again) lol

4 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

Y'all that interlude mashup was pretty cool. I wouldn't have known of that amazing Eurythmics song if it wasn't for M (yet again) lol

Man, you MUST be young!!

i think Madonna just likes the song, period.  Obviously, the 'rain' connotations were spoken about at musical concept stage for the tour.

Hate to put it down, but it looked pretty sloppy when I saw the tour twice! 

Guest cailohfornia
11 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Man, you MUST be young!!

i think Madonna just likes the song, period.  Obviously, the 'rain' connotations were spoken about at musical concept stage for the tour.

Please don't be ageist towards me, I'm just a dumb 24 yo ignorant of pop culture and pop music pre-2000. Please oh please have piety!

LOL. This whole thread got me into a Eurythmics marathon though, yas Annie Lennox give me life with that falsetto!

***MUST BE TALKING TO AN ANGEL, MUST BE TALKING TO AN ANGEEEELLLLLL!***

9 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

Please don't be ageist towards me, I'm just a dumb 24 yo ignorant of pop culture and pop music pre-2000. Please oh please have piety!

LOL. This whole thread got me into a Eurythmics marathon though, yas Annie Lennox give me life with that falsetto!

***MUST BE TALKING TO AN ANGEL, MUST BE TALKING TO AN ANGEEEELLLLLL!***

Ageism works both ways, doesn't it? 😇

I pretty much grew up obsessing with both Madonna and The Eurythmics at the same time.  I recommended you source "Touch Dance", pretty much the YCD for Annie and Dave.  Great remixes of tracks from "Touch".

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, cailohfornia said:

same for me!! I love the mash-up and I dicovered the Eurythmics song thx for that
I still wish we will see Rain again on tour in it's original form

I didn't like it. 

Check this out. It contains another sample used in the interlude!

On 11/10/2017 at 12:41 PM, acko said:

I love it.

Me too

Love Anne's music and I appreciated this mash up at the time

She's still a judgemental hypocrite though :lol: 

I LOVE this interlude. Always have. Great mash-up, cool dancers, nice staging...

That interlude made absolutely no sense. I would love to know what was the thinking involved with it's creation. It wasn't even a proper mashup. I'm still confused.

Take away the tacky visuals (or simply close your eyes) and it's perfect :inlove:

Here comes the rain again is a brilliant song. Worked perfectly with Madonna's Rain.   Both beautiful haunting songs with Rain in the title. Makes perfect sense.