Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

Just now, sul8323 said:

Goodbye to Innocence is a banger

I cannot get enough of the SPOKEN PARTS...she did them flawlessly :wow::drama: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I cannot get enough of the SPOKEN PARTS...she did them flawlessly :wow::drama: 

Agreed 1000%.... Pure eargasms....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

Agreed 1000%.... Pure eargasms....

MY LIFE IS NOT A GAME THAT I PLAY TO ENTERTAIN YOU

:yowza: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

MY LIFE IS NOT A GAME THAT I PLAY TO ENTERTAIN YOU

:yowza: 

A lot of people say that they created me but only my parents can make that claim.... I took it from there.... I am to blame.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodbye to Innocence is one of her strongest unreleased singles...I remember first hearing Up Down Suite on the Rain maxi-single and being infatuated by it thinking there must be a vocal version of this song...and subsequently discovered Goodbye to Innocence...a fantastic song that I do not believe any other artist could pull off with the same sass and conviction. I'd love it if the powers that be released a deluxe version of Erotica to include the following:

* Erotica

* Fever (Video Mix)

* Bye Bye Baby (MTV Awards/Tour Studio Remix)

* Deeper and Deeper

* Where Life Begins

* Bad Girl (Extended Version)

* Waiting

* Thief of Hearts

* Goodbye to Innocence

* Words

* Rain (Radio Remix)

* Why's It So Hard

* Did You Do It?

* Secret Garden

* Waiting (Remix feat. Everlast)

* Erotic (SEX Book Version)

* Up Down Suite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2017 at 2:45 PM, Elysium said:

Goodbye to Innocence is one of her strongest unreleased singles...I remember first hearing Up Down Suite on the Rain maxi-single and being infatuated by it thinking there must be a vocal version of this song...and subsequently discovered Goodbye to Innocence...a fantastic song that I do not believe any other artist could pull off with the same sass and conviction. I'd love it if the powers that be released a deluxe version of Erotica to include the following:

* Erotica

* Fever (Video Mix)

* Bye Bye Baby (MTV Awards/Tour Studio Remix)

* Deeper and Deeper

* Where Life Begins

* Bad Girl (Extended Version)

* Waiting

* Thief of Hearts

* Goodbye to Innocence

* Words

* Rain (Radio Remix)

* Why's It So Hard

* Did You Do It?

* Secret Garden

* Waiting (Remix feat. Everlast)

* Erotic (SEX Book Version)

* Up Down Suite

Deluxe editions are not meant to replace album tracks with other versions or other songs :provoke::IMG_1564:

They should include the original release + more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3 November 2017 at 3:05 PM, sul8323 said:

A lot of people say that they created me but only my parents can make that claim.... I took it from there.... I am to blame.... 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Always loved this line. As we all know, Madonna's spoken voice in song is a million times better than any other artist. Ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Deluxe editions are not meant to replace album tracks with other versions or other songs :provoke::IMG_1564:

They should include the original release + more.

True!

The album version of Rain has all the spoken vocals through both stereo channels whereas the radio remix version only has the one, so would never want to pass that one up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Always loved this line. As we all know, Madonna's spoken voice in song is a million times better than any other artist. Ever.

+100000000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 1:53 PM, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Always loved this line. As we all know, Madonna's spoken voice in song is a million times better than any other artist. Ever.

And that's the line used to open UP DOWN SUITE. :wow: 

:wow:

:wow: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 12:50 AM, Je5u5 said:

Deluxe editions are not meant to replace album tracks with other versions or other songs :provoke::IMG_1564:

They should include the original release + more.

It can be anything I want it to be as this is all hypothetical. Besides, the original version of Rain is boring in my opinion.:fuckoff:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 7:50 PM, Je5u5 said:

Deluxe editions are not meant to replace album tracks with other versions or other songs :provoke::IMG_1564:

They should include the original release + more.

Think you’re right. It’s better to include radio remixes as bonus tracks along with any possible club remixes and demos. Like the album to be newly remastered, but the track listing remains true to the original. Think most legacy artists do it this way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nick said:

Think you’re right. It’s better to include radio remixes as bonus tracks along with any possible club remixes and demos. Like the album to be newly remastered, but the track listing remains true to the original. Think most legacy artists do it this way. 

Exactly.

Can you imagine the hypothetical outrage if we got an anniversary edition of Like a Prayer and the title track was replaced by the Immaculate mix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd dump Did You Do It (I wish they didn't) and the album version of Fever and replace them with GTI and the Edit One version of Fever; the perfect album!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always adored this song, wished it would've made the cut on Erotica!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My CDs are in storage and I just realized I don't have a digital file of GTI! Does anyone have a link where I can download it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live this gem, it's been stuck for days in my head.

What did I read in this thread about Madonna rerecording vocals for Waiting in 1993???

What for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.10.2017 at 3:10 PM, Ugly Hecty said:

And the demo version:

 

Wait what? I always thought the 2nd video was the original version. It's a remix? 

So the first one is the original? It's awesome. Does it last longer? That fadeout seems too short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Live this gem, it's been stuck for days in my head.

What did I read in this thread about Madonna rerecording vocals for Waiting in 1993???

What for?

The remix of "Waiting" on the Rain single. The vocals sound slightly different and it's assumed she re-recorded them.

1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

Wait what? I always thought the 2nd video was the original version. It's a remix? 

So the first one is the original? It's awesome. Does it last longer? That fadeout seems too short.

The first one sounds like a fan-made mashup of GTI and "Up Down Suite." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

So the first one is the original? It's awesome. Does it last longer? That fadeout seems too short.

The first one is a fan-made track. 

The SECOND one IS THE FINAL/OFFICIAL VERSION released on Just Say Roe .That's the stupid thing with YouTube, lots of videos are labelled wrongly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×