MadonnaNation.com Forums

And the demo version:

Great song! This should have made the "Erotica" album and "Did You Do It?" should have been the B-side. Imagine how perfect this would have sounded following "Deeper & Deeper" or in conjunction with "Words" & "Fever"? A true Madonna gem. 

13 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

And the demo version:

Great song! This should have made the "Erotica" album and "Did You Do It?" should have been the B-side. Imagine how perfect this would have sounded following "Deeper & Deeper" or in conjunction with "Words" & "Fever"? A true Madonna gem. 

I rearranged my Erotica tracklist a bit and I did exactly what you suggested. It flows PERFECTLY this way.

1. Erotica
  2. Fever
  3. Where Life Begins
  4. Waiting
  5. Bye Bye Baby
  6. Words
  7. Goodbye to Innocence
  8. Deeper and Deeper
  9. Thief of Hearts
  10. Bad Girl
  11. Why's It So Hard
  12. In This Life
  13. Rain
  14. Secret Garden

My second favorite Madonna song!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE this song---I want her to bring it back on a tour.

this track is oh so sassy. Love it! As we all know "Innocence" evolved into "Fever" which is also great but i def prefer GTI.

Fantastic track!💕💕

I love GTI and think it's better than some of the songs on the album, but Erotica is already very long (even without DYDI), so I would replace something rather than add it. Maybe BBB? 

Either way, we absolutely need a deluxe edition with GTI, "Erotic," remixes, and some of the demos. I'm here for "Shame" and "Dear Father."

I am still asking myself when Niki recorded her vocals for GTI. I have not heard the final demo but the album Erotica only included limited tracks with Niki's and Donna's back up vocals to beginn with. Plus Niki once said that in the 90s she and Donna were mostly asked to contribute to remixes. So did M retool the song in 1992 during the regular recording sessions of Erotica and had Niki record her vocals or was there a moment in 1993 when M re-recorded some stuff (e.g. Waiting vocals) and they then completed both GTI and the Fever remixes?

48 minutes ago, vocalism said:

I love GTI and think it's better than some of the songs on the album, but Erotica is already very long (even without DYDI), so I would replace something rather than add it. Maybe BBB? 

Either way, we absolutely need a deluxe edition with GTI, "Erotic," remixes, and some of the demos. I'm here for "Shame" and "Dear Father."

Along with "You Are The One". The productions on even the unreleased songs are immaculate!

54 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I am still asking myself when Niki recorded her vocals for GTI. I have not heard the final demo but the album Erotica only included a limited tracks with Niki's and Donna's back up vocals to beginn with. Plus Niki once said that in the 90s she and Donna were mostly asked to contribute to remixes. So did M retool the song in 1992 during the regular recording sessions of Erotica and had Niki record her vocals or was there a moment in 1993 when M re-recorded some stuff (e.g. Waiting vocals) and they then completed both GTI and the Fever remixes?

That's an interesting question. From what we know, GTI was never finished during the Erotica sessions, so it's unlikely they recorded backing vocals. I don't think GTI was revisited until after the album was released. It's possible part of the reason M was inspired to release GTI was because of the backlash, so maybe she did re-record her vocals (the vocals on the demo are different from the released version) and brought Niki in at that time too. 

Fucking love this song ❤️

M'S VOCALS

CLUB SONG

POP FUNKY MELODY

CATWALK SONG

BALL CULTURE SONG

AUTOTUNEDONNA

NIKI AND DONNA

giphy.gif

Don't forget

And with the original demo lyric from GTI "I pray I'll keep my sense of humor."

22 hours ago, vocalism said:

That's an interesting question. From what we know, GTI was never finished during the Erotica sessions, so it's unlikely they recorded backing vocals. I don't think GTI was revisited until after the album was released. It's possible part of the reason M was inspired to release GTI was because of the backlash, so maybe she did re-record her vocals (the vocals on the demo are different from the released version) and brought Niki in at that time too. 

Yeah that would seem to be the most logical explanation. And since only Niki appears on GTI and the Fever remixes it is more likely that this was done after the fact...which is why Donna was not invited to join the party (and she clearly was back in 1992). 

1 hour ago, graffitiheart said:

This is the best version

I like this version, but M's vocals are stronger on the released version. Obviously it's a demo, but I would have loved to hear this version finished. 

15 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Love love love love!!! Hopefully one day we'll get it on Deluxe Edition of Erotica. 

Feel like we will wind up waiting forever for that deluxe version of Erotica.😫

The words 'deluxe' and 'version' are unmentionables at Warners!

I love Goodbye To Innocence. 

1 hour ago, Alain Delon said:

I love all versions of the song, but I'm not sure about "anonymiNIty"...

Granted, it is a hard word to work into a song, so a little bit of lyrical creativity does not go astray.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:10 PM, Ugly Hecty said:

And the demo version:

Wrongly labelled video. That's the Just Say Roe version, not the demo.

I felt the need to bump this thread because it needs MORE LOVE :dramatic: 

On 10/3/2017 at 6:29 AM, S.E.X. said:

I rearranged my Erotica tracklist a bit and I did exactly what you suggested. It flows PERFECTLY this way.

1. Erotica
  2. Fever
  3. Where Life Begins
  4. Waiting
  5. Bye Bye Baby
  6. Words
  7. Goodbye to Innocence
  8. Deeper and Deeper
  9. Thief of Hearts
  10. Bad Girl
  11. Why's It So Hard
  12. In This Life
  13. Rain
  14. Secret Garden

Goodbye to Innocence is a banger.   I always add Erotic to the end of the album as well.   I wish that they would have put out an EP with various versions of Erotica.... Love Hurts.... You Thrill Me.... Erotic.... You are the One.... Shame.... Dear Father.... and both versions of Goodbye to Innocence....