Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
LSD

Mass shooting in Las Vegas

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hector said:

Why do gun owners feel the need to own these ridiculous rapid-fire death tools? Why do they need to own a gun that can shoot hundreds of rounds per minute? When will they ever be in a situation where 100 armed home invaders decide to break into their trailer park? :wacko:

 

Those right wing nut jobs think they need the military type weapons in order to protect themselves from "The Evil United States Government." They might have to fight against their own country's military. That's what is so insane about people in the government supporting the gun laws.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

Those right wing nut jobs think they need the military type weapons in order to protect themselves from "The Evil United States Government." They might have to fight against their own country's military. That's what is so insane about people in the government supporting the gun laws.  

Maybe it made sense 200 years ago when it was citizen muskets vs. government muskets, but these fat militia rednecks are delusional if they think they could overthrow the government with anything they're able to get their hands on. They'd just get droned during their uprising and that would be that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LSD said:

Maybe it made sense 200 years ago when it was citizen muskets vs. government muskets, but these fat militia rednecks are delusional if they think they could overthrow the government with anything they're able to get their hands on. They'd just get droned during their uprising and that would be that. 

Exactly. But, hey, maybe the Republicans can make it legal for their base of nuts to purchase killer drones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I watched CNN Quest means Business and there was the chairman (or something) of the Gun Owners of America. It's on youtube but I wont link it because it's the account of those f*ckers. It was insane. The arguments and facts presented were so laughable. He seriously said that in Europe much more people die in massacres than in the U.S. but no one knows because the media is not reporting on it. And the media never mentions all the incidents when a gun owner prevented a mass shooting. Also, if you want to forbid guns you need to forbid trucks as well because those are used by terrorists to kill people. Again, it was insanity. I may have suffered from a seizure watching this sh*t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Yesterday I watched CNN Quest means Business and there was the chairman (or something) of the Gun Owners of America. It's on youtube but I wont link it because it's the account of those f*ckers. It was insane. The arguments and facts presented were so laughable. He seriously said that in Europe much more people die in massacres than in the U.S. but no one knows because the media is not reporting on it. And the media never mentions all the incidents when a gun owner prevented a mass shooting. Also, if you want to forbid guns you need to forbid trucks as well because those are used by terrorists to kill people. Again, it was insanity. I may have suffered from a seizure watching this sh*t.

The argument of guns being no worse than trucks is so flawed. For a start, Guns were invented to injure and kill.  Trucks are used for transportatation safely everyday. There is no comparison.  

Also why are gun fanatics such obsessed conspiracy theorists. ?  They often claim every massacre uses actors to pretend to be victims and as you mentioned above, they say the media never reports on massacres in Europe. They say that Australians have no freedom and are controlled by the government due to our strict gun laws :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The argument of guns being no worse than trucks is so flawed. For a start, Guns were invented to injure and kill.  Trucks are used for transportatation safely everyday. There is no comparison.  

Also why are gun fanatics such obsessed conspiracy theorists. ?  They often claim every massacre uses actors to pretend to be victims and as you mentioned above, they say the media never reports on massacres in Europe. They say that Australians have no freedom and are controlled by the government due to our strict gun laws :wacko:

They're basically stupid. They probably don’t know where Australia is, they’re just STUPID! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People should be outraged. Heck they should have been since Pulse, sandy hook, columbine.... list goes on.

 

do something or expect this to happen here and then. 

Gun fucking control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,  this massacre is treated the same as always in America -  just yet another senseless gun attack where the public are horrified but let down by those in power. People in power are praying etc as usual but there is no action, no gun law changes.  They always say "now is not the time" to discuss it but there is never a time to talk about it in their view.  Must be so disheartening for the American people who keep seeing these massacres and nothing ever being done about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Well,  this massacre is treated the same as always in America -  just yet another senseless gun attack where the public are horrified but let down by those in power. People in power are praying etc as usual but there is no action, no gun law changes.  They always say "now is not the time" to discuss it but there is never a time to talk about it in their view.  Must be so disheartening for the American people who keep seeing these massacres and nothing ever being done about it. 

 

Exactly.  Most of America has shifted their focus to other things already.  It'll happen again in no time and everyone will be horrified and outraged again, and for the 100th time, nothing will be done.

Unfortunately, our disgraceful "president" provides ample distractions with his incessant foolishness, so we're on to the next tragedy before the current one is even over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's gross. Despite being the worst mass shooting ever in the U.S. it is already being treated like "old news" in the media and it did absolutely nothing to get lawmakers to do anything. Or even just debate it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bill said:

 

Exactly.  Most of America has shifted their focus to other things already.  It'll happen again in no time and everyone will be horrified and outraged again, and for the 100th time, nothing will be done.

Unfortunately, our disgraceful "president" provides ample distractions with his incessant foolishness, so we're on to the next tragedy before the current one is even over.

 

11 hours ago, Hector said:

It's gross. Despite being the worst mass shooting ever in the U.S. it is already being treated like "old news" in the media and it did absolutely nothing to get lawmakers to do anything. Or even just debate it! 

Walter Mikac is a famous anti gun violence campaigner whose wife and 2 little daughters were shot and killed in the Tasmanian Port Arthur massacre where 35 people were killed by a deranged man. This caused our government to push through very strict gun laws.  Since then, death by guns have dropped over 59 %.  

He said that world wide anti gun campaigners have acknowledged that the gun control laws in the United States would probably never change because of the lack of any change after Sandy Hook. If the NRA and gun advocates would not change even minor laws after little children were killed, nothing would.  

I know that America has a different culture and ideas about the right to own guns to other countries, but surely the right for citizens to be able to live their lives without the fear of being killed by mass murderers with automatic guns is something that is worth change. It is just heart breaking and senseless that so many innocent Americans are killed needlessly by guns over and over. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:gross:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/900-people-dead-gun-violence-las-vegas-massacre-article-1.3586937

Nearly 900 people dead in gun violence since Las Vegas massacre

BY  CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 7:02 AM

Nearly 900 people have been killed, and almost 2,000 wounded, by American gun violence since the Las Vegas shooting gripped the world's attention at the beginning of this month.

Gunman Stephen Paddock’s massacre of 58 people from the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino the night of Oct. 1 was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, and he left more than 400 people wounded after opening fire with a tricked-out semi-automatic weapon.

National and international media have not delved into the personal tragedies of those who have died in American gun violence since, though what could be mistaken for “normal” bloodshed is unique in that it is a reminder of a problem not faced by any other developed country.

Data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive shows that 896 people have died as the result of shootings since Vegas, with 23-year-old Ellie Becote of Pamplico, S.C., the first fatal victim listed after those at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival.

As of early Wednesday, the latest reported victims were a man believed to have shot and killed his wife before turning the gun on himself as they drove in rural Wisconsin.

Gun Violence Archive data shows 1990 people have been wounded from the night of Oct. 1 through Tuesday.

Those killings are believed to have been carried out with handguns, not high-powered assault-style weapons such as those in the arsenal that Paddock had accumulated over the years.

He also used a “bump stock” on his semi-automatic weapons, essentially turning them into automatics, generally illegal under U.S. law, by increasing the rate of fire.

Discussions in Congress originally centered on the possibility of stopping the nation's pathologic problem from claiming so many victims at once by banning the devices.

Some Republican lawmakers voiced support for the idea, and even the National Rifle Association said in statement that bump stocks “should be subject to additional regulations.”

But politicians’ pens and words have so far lacked the might of the gun lobby, with the NRA later coming out against a bill put forward by Democratic California Sen. Diane Feinstein to stop the sale of bump stocks.

It was later joined by Republicans such as Speaker of the House Paul Ryan in saying that the bump stock issue was a regulatory one for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives rather than the elected representatives of the American people.

There is little apparent movement on the bump stock legislation.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said that he would bring forward legislation Wednesday calling for universal background checks, a measure that has widespread public support but never passed Congress.

Some action has been taken on the state level, with Illinois House lawmakers advancing a bill to ban the add-ons on Tuesday.

But few think that a ban on bump stocks would put a stop to mass shootings completely, or be a sizable step in reducing “normal” shooting deaths and injuries in the hundreds of cities whose names have appeared in the Gun Violence Archive over the last three weeks.

Despite state-level measures, even those with more restrictive laws such as New York and California must deal with guns coming in from states where it is easier to get a weapon.

A study published Tuesday in the Annals of Internal Medicine found that gun deaths and injuries in California towns nearby rose 70% in the aftermath of gun shows held in Las Vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My God I hate these conspiracy losers! :sick: This is the last thing the victims and their loved ones need to deal with!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/las-vegas-shooting-victims-slammed-death-threats-article-1.3591391

Las Vegas shooting victim slammed with death threats

BY  JESSICA SCHLADEBECK 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Thursday, October 26, 2017, 3:45 PM

IMG_4102
Amanda Homulos, right, hugs her boyfriend Braden Matejka at the Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas, Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017. (ROBERT RAY/AP)

A Canadian man who survived getting shot in the head during the massacre at a Las Vegas country music festival has been bombarded with death threats from online conspiracy theorists.

Braden Matejka barely escaped the Route 91 Harvest festival with his life after Stephen Paddock fired a barrage of bullets from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino down on the outdoor concert below. The 64-year-old gunman killed 58 people and injured hundreds more, Matejka among them.

“You are a lying piece of s--- and I hope someone truly shoots you in the head,” one person wrote to Matejka on Facebook in the days after the worst shooting in modern U.S. history.

Another wrote: “Your soul is disgusting and dark! You will Pay for the consequences.”

Matejka’s family told the Guardian people have also taken to making memes with his photos and pairing them with crude captions. The shooting survivor was forced to shut down his social media accounts, but his loved ones are still being targeted by those who believe the deadly incident was a hoax.

“There are all these families dealing with likely the most horrific thing they’ll ever experience, and they are also met with hate and anger and are being attacked online about being part of some conspiracy,” his brother, Taylor Matejka, told the Guardian.

“It’s madness I can’t imagine the thought process of these people. Do they know that we are actual people?”

Conspiracy theorists, many of whom believe the government staged the Oct. 1 shooting or that it did not happen at all, have targeted survivors, dubbing them “crisis actors,” hired to pose as victims.

Taylor said he tried responding to some of the posts, but that none of their authors were interested in hearing reason.

“A really sad part of this is that a lot of people think they’re fighting the good fight and exposing truth,” he said.

Matejka traveled to the festival from his native Canada with girlfriend Amanda Homulos to celebrate his 30th birthday.

When the gunfire broke out, Matejka was knocked to the ground after a bullet struck him the head. Homulos, who was not injured, was able to make it inside the car of another concertgoer, who drove them to the hospital.

His wound was not life-threatening, and the couple earlier this month recalled their harrowing escape in an on-camera interview with the Associated Press.

“I’m just so grateful that we’re still here, and I can’t express how sorry I am for the people that didn’t make it,” Homulos said through her tears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hector. I have to put up with 2 of these conspiracy lunatics at work.  They claimed they were all "crisis actors" that were shipped into the event in several huge busloads and pretended to be shot.  Then said that the named gunman was set up, there was no shooting and it was the government trying to get gun laws changed and also wanted more control over Las Vegas for money and mind control.  :banghead:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×