MadonnaNation.com Forums
LSD

Mass shooting in Las Vegas

4 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I fucking hate it when the news does stuff like this. It makes it seem like a fucking record or something that needs to be broken. The shooters become celebrities.

Welcome to America. 

Las Vegas gunman had at least 20 rifles in his hotel room, 2 on tripods at the windows, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition, an official said. 

:manson: at today's White House press briefing Sarah Huckabee saying now is not the time to talk about gun control. When is a good time? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year? Never?

5 minutes ago, Hector said:

:manson: at today's White House press briefing Sarah Huckabee saying now is not the time to talk about gun control. When is a good time? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year? Never?

Donald Trump won the election thanks to the support of the NRA he won't throw them under the bus. 

The saddest thing about this to me is that it's going to happen again and again and again and again and again and again and again. :manson:

I have very little hope for reform after Sandy Hook, which played to America's obsession with children and thus had the best chance. 

7 minutes ago, MadFan said:

The saddest thing about this to me is that it's going to happen again and again and again and again and again and again and again. :manson:

I have very little hope for reform after Sandy Hook, which played to America's obsession with children and thus had the best chance. 

Exactly..  not even Obama could change legislation.  Trump will defend the second amendment to death. 

Thing is by doing nothing people will become more and more scared and they will go buy these guns to feel more protected. These guns lobbies will get richer and more powerful. It's a vicious circle and the average American is refusing to take a stand.

wounded knee was the largest mass murder/shooting in american history...but media now a days say 'modern' mass shooting/murder...but it does feel gross thinking of it as a competition like someone here said.

so conerts and big public events are the targets which is so sad because people are celebrating life basically. maybe it's the freedom that they don't like. i dont know. 

My deepest condolences for all the innocent lives that were taken in this horrible attack ♥️😰

7 hours ago, MadFan said:

Nothing will change until those in charge and in the NRA are affected by gun violence.

The truth is: None of the political parties will call for a ban on gun unless they decided to opt out from the next election.

10 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Nothing will change until those in charge and in the NRA are affected by gun violence.

Even then, will they change their minds ?  Seeing comments such as "mass shootings are the price of freedom " shows how crazy and blind some are who support gun culture in the USA.  The NRA and their supporters put the right to bear arms and own weapons above other's lives and safety.  

Also, the nerve to say now is not the time to talk about gun laws.  When innocent people are yet again slaughtered in the street by guns, it  is a massive insult to their memory to not talk about changing laws that cost them their lives. 

FUCK the NRA.

FUCK the GOP (and some Dems).

FUCK Trump.

FUCK the gun nuts.

FUCK the 2nd Amendment fundamentalists.

Fuck it all. I have had it.

Nothing will change.  If the mass killing of children at Sandy Hook didn't change shit nothing at this point will.

Rosie O'Donnell used to be really involved and outspoken on this until she reached a point where she threw in the towel and said the NRA is just too powerful.

Not sure if this will come across ignorant but why don't they have a referendum about gun restrictions in the US? I have been to America and most of the people I was staying with were extremely conservative. Some had a very strong belief in gun ownership others believed it was way too easy to get guns. They even told me in some states you're not allowed to have sex when you're 18 but you can buy guns. Don't know if that's true or not but my trips were in 2000/2005. Anyways, my question is why wouldn't the government let the people decide on this? Dont they have referendums in the US? 

People keep using the argument about hunting. 

We hunt in the UK. Guns aren't outlawed. They're just restricted so I can't just get one opening a bank account. I could still get a gun if I wanted and passed the checks. Same with every other country.

There's lots of paranoia in America, and these incidents get 24/7 news coverage, I think that's what fuels a lot of these people... 

I'm surprised he didn't explicitly mention the gays! Whenever there's a massacre or natural disaster he blames it on gay sodomizers getting God mad. :crazy:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59d2e869e4b048a44324a6bb

10/02/2017 11:44 pm ET

Pat Robertson Blames Las Vegas Massacre On ‘Disrespect’ For Donald Trump

The TV preacher also blamed protests during the national anthem.

By Ed Mazza

TV preacher Pat Robertson says the massacre in Las Vegas was caused by lack of respect for President Donald Trump, protests during the national anthem and the country having no “vision of God.” 

“There is profound disrespect for our president, all across this nation they say terrible things about him,” the televangelist and former presidential candidate said on “The 700 Club” on Monday. “It’s in the news, it’s in other places.”

Robertson went on:

“There is disrespect now for our national anthem, disrespect for our veterans, disrespect for the institutions of our government, disrespect for the court system. All the way up and down the line, disrespect.” 

He also blamed the lack of “biblical authority” and “some controlling authority in our society.”

“When there is no vision of God, the people run amok,” he said in the clip, posted online by Right Wing Watch. “And we have taken from the American people the vision of God, the whole idea of reward and punishment, an ultimate judge of all our actions, we’ve taken that away. When there is no vision of God, the people run amok.” 

Why do gun owners feel the need to own these ridiculous rapid-fire death tools? Why do they need to own a gun that can shoot hundreds of rounds per minute? When will they ever be in a situation where 100 armed home invaders decide to break into their trailer park? :wacko:

"The reason he was able to accomplish so much destruction... in such a short period of time was because he used a simple device to convert his semi-automatic rifles into fully automatic rifles," U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders speaks about the gunman in the Las Vegas mass shooting while backing Senator Dianne Feinstein's gun control push that targets gun converting accessories.

1 hour ago, Hector said:

Why do gun owners feel the need to own these ridiculous rapid-fire death tools? Why do they need to own a gun that can shoot hundreds of rounds per minute? When will they ever be in a situation where 100 armed home invaders decide to break into their trailer park? :wacko:

Something that I can never get my head around.  What is the need or reasoning for owning rapid fire weapons ?  They are created to kill as many people possible so why would any citizen have the need for one.