MadonnaNation.com Forums

3 hours ago, Anne said:

Aretha is way thinner than Mimi this days

9436e09e5617e1255f71d855659dc80d.jpg

Aretha passed her fats to Pariah?! :shock: 

1 hour ago, Toni said:

She's said over the years how record labels never let you do your own thing artistically, she's even complained on behalf of MJ saying he could of easily wrote songs like The Weekend but wasn't allowed... Yet, like you say, she's been rehashing the same song for 25 years! She's had umpteen chances to do something new, but chose not to. Or maybe she just can't? One trick phoney? Another fucker playing the blame game. 

Also, I recently heard her on that French Montana song... her voice over it just sound sooo old fashioned. She seems to have zero scope, just like she sings everything the same and they drop beats onto. She'd sing Row, Row, Row your boat, Butterfly and Like A Virgin the very same way.

:laugh:

Totally. How was Madonna able to experiment and reinvent under Warner Bros. while this lazy cow couldn't at Sony? She said Tommy controlled her, blah, blah and then released Honey (such a rebellious song, too ;) )—and she's been making that ever since. She hasn't progressed as an artist one iota because she doesn't have the talent and artistic vision of a Madonna. Not a tenth of it. 

She's 48 and she isn't selling shit these days. She could easily record an album of Velvet Underground covers if she wanted to, but there are no ideas bouncing around in that head of hers, other than what to eat at KFC next. 

15 hours ago, vocalism said:

Agree. But there was a lot of throwback to '90s Mariah on that album, which is why I like it.

What did the album's success have to do with then? She didn't sing the fuck out of "We Belong Together"? The album was marketed as a comeback and that helped, but if it didn't have the goods to back up the hype, then it wouldn't have done as well as it did.

E=MC2 felt too much like a rehash. Half the songs on the album were blatant attempts at recreating WBT, which is my biggest issue with Mariah. She's so formulaic. If something works, she just keeps trying to do it over and over again. TEOM felt fresh to me. Say Somethin', Stay the Night, Your Girl, and Joyride are all pretty great.

Agreed. The whole album was solid honestly. Definitely not overrated and probably my favorite Mariah album.

Can one of you kindly explain to me why her deluded fan base insists on claiming that she's the "biggest female artist" of all-time yet she hasn't sold nearly as much as Celine Dion let alone Madge? She's the biggest in terms of a fucking gut only 

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

Can one of you kindly explain to me why her deluded fan base insists on claiming that she's the "biggest female artist" of all-time yet she hasn't sold nearly as much as Celine Dion let alone Madge? She's the biggest in terms of a fucking gut only 

You just answered your own question

Just now, LHakaLH said:

You just answered your own question

I know, but I live for the reads in this thread so I was crossing my fingers for another drag aimed at Pariah

On 10/3/2017 at 2:14 AM, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Um.. I actually think Me. I Am Eternally A Greasy Fried  12 year old Drumstick is possibly one of her best albums! :um: Disaster botched promotion, delays, drama, broken wrists due to 20 remixes of #B, pain med addictions, Photoshop etc..but there were actually JAMS on there. *YDKWTD,* Meteorite (very Donna Summer-esque!). #B etc...If those songs were done by Ariana etc..they would all smash. SO unlike anything Mariah ever did. Closest she ever got and will prob ever get to stepping outside of her super safe, vapid, predictable box. 

Me...I Am...Pariah...Miss Piggy's Doppelgänger is a solid effort but nonetheless a throwback to her 90's sound lol

Looks like her one bit of choreography is coming up for its 20th anniversary so take time to enjoy a whole four minutes worth.

7 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Looks like her one bit of choreography is coming up for its 20th anniversary so take time to enjoy a whole four minutes worth.

LMFAO. She’s just giving up.

8 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I can never tell if this YouTube account is an actual fan or someone making fun of Mariah. If they're a fan, they seem to be critical of her a lot. 

9 hours ago, Marco said:

Maybe they're just talking U.S.? I believe she's sold slightly more than Celine here, but Madonna is at least 10 million ahead of Mariah.

16 hours ago, vocalism said:

I can never tell if this YouTube account is an actual fan or someone making fun of Mariah. If they're a fan, they seem to be critical of her a lot. 

Maybe they're just talking U.S.? I believe she's sold slightly more than Celine here, but Madonna is at least 10 million ahead of Mariah.

Madonna is ahead of Mimiphant in every aspect. Mariah is formulaic to the point where she's even recreating her breakdown

On 2017-10-02 at 11:02 AM, Toni said:

IMG_4067.PNG

IMG_4069.PNG

IMG_4068.PNG

The big bruise on her hand in that top pic - a vodka drip?

This is gags in about fifteen years.

2 minutes ago, spotlight said:

This is gags in about fifteen years.

You may have overestimated the amount of years. I give it a 5 :lol: 

5 minutes ago, 5iVe Elements said:

You may have overestimated the amount of years. I give it a 5 :lol: 

Good point:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

2 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

So she has the nerve to tour Oz next year with that deluded #1’s tour? 

She has 2 #1 in OZ.

US - 18 #1
UK - 2 #1 (NOT 3 #1. Her deluded & shameless lambs have the NERVE to include "Everybody hurts" as one of her UK #1 :rolleyes: )
OZ - 2 #1
NZ - 6 #1
GER - 1 #1
Dutch - 2 #1

She's pretty NOBODY outside North America, hence 95% of her "World Tour" is US & Canada only.

The register for pre sale sounds very much like testing interest. Judging from the comments on FB though, this may not even progress to a show. People have lost all faith in her ability to perform.

She must be so broke because if that bitch could stay in bed all day and have everything hand delivered to her for life, she would. She has zero work ethic!

Her lifestyle probably costs about 500,000 mil or more (and thats being kind) a month just on wages, shopping, all the travel for her and her team... If she does have savings, she'd eat into them pretty quickly i'd imagine, so she definitely needs that income stream... 

rs_636x835-140714133003-1405126450_cdv98 

Damn.  I didn't know she has had only 2 #1s in the UK. Lmfao!!!!

On 10/4/2017 at 5:02 AM, Marco said:

Madonna is ahead of Mimiphant in every aspect. Mariah is formulaic to the point where she's even recreating her breakdown

:dead:

59 minutes ago, Skin said:

Damn.  I didn't know she has had only 2 #1s in the UK. Lmfao!!!!

And both are covers!

Without You - Cover

Against All Odds - Cover, with WasteLife

And also, if it wasn't WasteLife, cringe-worthy-cover AAO wouldn't have gone #1.

19 hours ago, ctg12 said:

:dead:

Her and Jancel annoy me in how formulaic they are. Although I can give Jancel a pass cause while her albums feature a lot of those boring, mid-tempo R&B "ballads" that last for 6 minutes just for the sake of it and interludes that include random mumbling and background noises that sound like farts and cringey Kylie giggles, she did put out catchy singles until the All for You era. Pariah on the other hand paved the way for those vapid "talent shows" like American Idol or X-Factor that birthed an over-singing trend. She should stick to being a Christmas act. Maybe release a movie with the Muppets called A Mariah Muppet Xmas. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened, she looks like Miss Piggy these days but without the fashion sense