A xmas tree in October?!!!!!! 

peanut gallery .gif

tumblr_nhey6sT6Dv1sp26u3o1_500.gif

tumblr_m83e7hqmhv1r7e9vpo1_500.gif

tenor.gif

tumblr_mhnvp2V6Ir1s0x5wto1_500.gif

tumblr_owug7aCw3t1qj28qwo2_500.gif

7 minutes ago, vocalism said:

While I prefer Janet's music (during her peak years) to Mariah's, I do think Mariah is more of a songwriter than Janet ever was. And one could argue that Janet owes her entire career to Jam and Jewis (and Rene in many ways) just as much, if not more so, than Mariah does to Tommy. He definitely made Mariah a star, but Butterfly is her best album and TEOM was one of her most successful albums - and that was years after she left Sony. 

Nothing to do with her own minimal contribution to any project she's ever touched (or that she's been touched by)

Not as a producer nor as a lyricist

2 minutes ago, XXL said:

Nothing to do with her own minimal contribution to any project she's ever touched (or that she's been touched by)

Not as a producer nor as a lyricist

Not following you. You're saying you believe she's made minimal contributions to her own work?

There is no R&R in Mariah (well, maybe some rocky road). Put Whitney in, if she isn't already, and skip all the other oversingers. Janet is just a lesser Madonna. Neither should get in, but if I had to chose I'd go with Janet who at least moved around a stage.

1 hour ago, FreeMySoul said:

I agree we are in Anna Nichole Smith territory hopefully it doesn't get that far

yup

28 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

There is no R&R in Mariah (well, maybe some rocky road). Put Whitney in, if she isn't already, and skip all the other oversingers. Janet is just a lesser Madonna. Neither should get in, but if I had to chose I'd go with Janet who at least moved around a stage.

Yes, that's what I meant. Mariah has never been a dancer or a live performer and now she tries to incorporate choreos in her "performances". But it's only because she thinks she can distract her sheeple fans (doesn't she call them lambs after all? what a bizarre name for a fandom) from realising she has destroyed her voice

32 minutes ago, vocalism said:

Not following you. You're saying you believe she's made minimal contributions to her own work?

Yes

I meant that her 2005 album's success had nothing to do with something she did

Which disproves her having been successful after the Mottola years

1 hour ago, Toni said:

I do think her body is in some sort of pain, you can see it in how she moves. I'd imagine she'd be too vain to admit something like that because it would imply she's 'old'. I'd bet her poison is alcohol and pain killers.. and her manager!

47 minutes ago, vocalism said:

While I prefer Janet's music (during her peak years) to Mariah's, I do think Mariah is more of a songwriter than Janet ever was. And one could argue that Janet owes her entire career to Jam and Jewis (and Rene in many ways) just as much, if not more so, than Mariah does to Tommy. He definitely made Mariah a star, but Butterfly is her best album and TEOM was one of her most successful albums - and that was years after she left Sony. 

Both have jams and that's a fact. 

Butterfly's good but to me, Glitter OST is her best work. IDK why the silly bitch chooses to ignore it. 

Emancipation is probably one of most overrated albums ever. Only good songs on that album are We Belong Together, Fly Like a Bird & It's Like That. The rest of the album is bland and repetitive as fuck. MC=KFC2 E=MC2 is miles better than Emancipation.

Agree w/ many of you- something seems really off now. Unlike any other time. Shes really, really out of it..like zombie like. Her entire demeanor. Wouldn't at all be surprised if something is seriously on the verge of erupting and dont think the end result will be good. Yes, very Whitney and MJ 2008 and 2011-ish kind of vibes here. That 'manager' of her absolutely reeks from evil and greedy bloodsucker. Def seems like a modern day Colonial Parker to Elvis. 

24 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

Butterfly's good but to me, Glitter OST is her best work. IDK why the silly bitch chooses to ignore it. 

Emancipation is probably one of most overrated albums ever. Only good songs on that album are We Belong Together, Fly Like a Bird & It's Like That. The rest of the album is bland and repetitive as fuck. MC=KFC2 E=MC2 is miles better than Emancipation.

Um.. I actually think Me. I Am Eternally A Greasy Fried  12 year old Drumstick is possibly one of her best albums! :um: Disaster botched promotion, delays, drama, broken wrists due to 20 remixes of #B, pain med addictions, Photoshop etc..but there were actually JAMS on there. *YDKWTD,* Meteorite (very Donna Summer-esque!). #B etc...If those songs were done by Ariana etc..they would all smash. SO unlike anything Mariah ever did. Closest she ever got and will prob ever get to stepping outside of her super safe, vapid, predictable box. 

57 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Um.. I actually think Me. I Am Eternally A Greasy Fried  12 year old Drumstick is possibly one of her best albums! :um: Disaster botched promotion, delays, drama, broken wrists due to 20 remixes of #B, pain med addictions, Photoshop etc..but there were actually JAMS on there. *YDKWTD,* Meteorite (very Donna Summer-esque!). #B etc...If those songs were done by Ariana etc..they would all smash. SO unlike anything Mariah ever did. Closest she ever got and will prob ever get to stepping outside of her super safe, vapid, predictable box. 

Agree. But there was a lot of throwback to '90s Mariah on that album, which is why I like it.

1 hour ago, XXL said:

Yes

I meant that her 2005 album's success had nothing to do with something she did

Which disproves her having been successful after the Mottola years

What did the album's success have to do with then? She didn't sing the fuck out of "We Belong Together"? The album was marketed as a comeback and that helped, but if it didn't have the goods to back up the hype, then it wouldn't have done as well as it did.

1 hour ago, LHakaLH said:

E=MC2 felt too much like a rehash. Half the songs on the album were blatant attempts at recreating WBT, which is my biggest issue with Mariah. She's so formulaic. If something works, she just keeps trying to do it over and over again. TEOM felt fresh to me. Say Somethin', Stay the Night, Your Girl, and Joyride are all pretty great.

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I stand by my belief that it's her deluded diva-eternally 12 act that has turned the public off.  Someone here previously said that if she were to actually give a fuck and got back on track and back on shape and dropped her ridiculous act, she could actually make a come back and still be somewhat musically relevant among today's public. Completely agree about Me. I Am... ridiculous title and all, it was a pretty solid album and had some great tracks, YDKWTD and Meteorite being some of her more hit-worthy songs in a very long time.

The success of The-Constipation-of-Pariah and the beginning of K=FC2 were due to payola king Benny Medina.

When Medina was investigated for payola practices, Pariah dropped him immediately to save herself but also triggered the floppage i.e. Pariah started to flop since K=FC2 2nd single onwards.

18 hours ago, Toni said:

IMG_4067.PNG

IMG_4069.PNG

IMG_4068.PNG

The big bruise on her hand in that top pic - a vodka drip?

Jesus Christ.

Regardless of the weight...she just looks incredibly unhealthy. And totally out of it.

Something ain't right.  My guess - booze, booze, and more booze. And probably pills. Bad diet. Bad lifestyle. And surrounded by enablers. All on top of a massive ego that probably wants nothing to do with facing the truth...

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Jesus Christ.

Regardless of the weight...she just looks incredibly unhealthy. And totally out of it.

Something ain't right.  My guess - booze, booze, and more booze. And probably pills. Bad diet. Bad lifestyle. And surrounded by enablers. All on top of a massive ego that probably wants nothing to do with facing the truth...

She’s near the end. Pretty tragic at this point.

As compare to Aretha Franklin, Pariah is "healthier". :bad: 

1 hour ago, Anne said:

Aretha is way thinner than Mimi this days

9436e09e5617e1255f71d855659dc80d.jpg

Is that really Aretha?  

On the other hand, MooMoo will probably look more like this by next year.  Aretha-Franklin-1486648163.jpg

12 hours ago, vocalism said:

E=MC2 felt too much like a rehash. Half the songs on the album were blatant attempts at recreating WBT, which is my biggest issue with Mariah. She's so formulaic. If something works, she just keeps trying to do it over and over again. TEOM felt fresh to me. Say Somethin', Stay the Night, Your Girl, and Joyride are all pretty great.

She's been remaking the same song for 25 years. 

And  I didn't mean to drag Aretha into this or compare her to Mooriah Scary's delima!!

56 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

She's been remaking the same song for 25 years. 

She's said over the years how record labels never let you do your own thing artistically, she's even complained on behalf of MJ saying he could of easily wrote songs like The Weekend but wasn't allowed... Yet, like you say, she's been rehashing the same song for 25 years! She's had umpteen chances to do something new, but chose not to. Or maybe she just can't? One trick phoney? Another fucker playing the blame game. 

Also, I recently heard her on that French Montana song... her voice over it just sound sooo old fashioned. She seems to have zero scope, just like she sings everything the same and they drop beats onto. She'd sing Row, Row, Row your boat, Butterfly and Like A Virgin the very same way.