Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
XXL

Rebel Heart ♥ Tour DVD / Blu-ray

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

Still haven't received my "combo" pack, which includes both RHT and S&S on Blu-Ray. Should had already arrived by now (damn slow-ass Postal system) :wacko:

But, on a side note, I was lucky enough to get a used copy of The Virgin Tour DVD on Ebay at a very good price. And i'm definitely excited to have got that one for only $12, instead of $34 (like in the Madonna Store).

Anyway, back to this release. Someone said that this release looks awful. But, after seeing the full 2hr TV broadcast in crystal-clear HD (on a 4K TV with HDR enabled), back in August, I have to disagree.

The editing does fit the fast songs very well, in my opinion. It's very stylish (typical of a Pop concert) and non-repetitive. And it's the kind of fast-pacing editing I like to use, from time to time, on the wedding videos I edit for work. And the video is definitely top-notch crystal-clear gorgeous.

What you guys didn't liked about this release? 

apparently many Madonna fans don't like fast paced editing because it gives them migraine and seizure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, loowee said:

apparently many Madonna fans don't like fast paced editing because it gives them migraine and seizure. 

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GOD said:

Can I ask? Who's behind, Erotica/You Thrill me on CT? And Beast within in Reinvention? 

Do we know who suggested them, was it Stuart?

because they were both out of the box decision for her. 

We will never know who suggested them but Stuart and M would have remixed them in the studio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, loowee said:

apparently many Madonna fans don't like fast paced editing because it gives them migraine and seizure. 

Legally a PSE test (epilepsy / seizure test) would be required from the finished graded product before the video would be allowed to be released, all jokes a side, I don't think anyone will was on the floor having seizures watching this.

Video editing for concerts has changed over the years, like most things, like I said in an earlier thread, watching the Girlie Show recently it felt quite slow compared, and also there was lots of dodgy jib work. But it adds to it's charm.

Even watching 80s concerts released on these SDE box set DVDs (Tears for Fears, Prince, Belinda Carlisle) there were loads of video effects used that just look cheap now, personally, I like that kind of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

Still haven't received my "combo" pack, which includes both RHT and S&S on Blu-Ray. Should had already arrived by now (damn slow-ass Postal system) :wacko:

But, on a side note, I was lucky enough to get a used copy of The Virgin Tour DVD on Ebay at a very good price. And i'm definitely excited to have got that one for only $12, instead of $34 (like in the Madonna Store).

Anyway, back to this release. Someone said that this release looks awful. But, after seeing the full 2hr TV broadcast in crystal-clear HD (on a 4K TV with HDR enabled), back in August, I have to disagree.

The editing does fit the fast songs very well, in my opinion. It's very stylish (typical of a Pop concert) and non-repetitive. And it's the kind of fast-pacing editing I like to use, from time to time, on the wedding videos I edit for work. And the video is definitely top-notch crystal-clear gorgeous.

What you guys didn't liked about this release? 

Only thing I was upset about was the exclusion of LDLHA. I'm over it now but she sang it so beautifully during the live show so I still miss it. Apart from that I'm happy with this release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tuckeye said:

lol did madonna thank her dog gypsy in this? 

is this an interscope release, i see maverick, eagle vision, universal music group, live nation. 

No, it's not an Interscope release. It's an Eagle Vision release - and just like Interscope, Eagle Vision happens to be owned by Universal.

Maverick is the management group founded as a joint venture by Guy Oseasy and Live Nation in 2014, after Guy Oseary had acquired the rights to the Maverick name. The original Maverick record label closed in 2010.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my serigraph set and I love them! I feel like this concludes the Rebel Heart era for me personally, and it was a beautiful and exciting time. I can’t wait for M14. 

95BECE54-8A85-4BA5-841F-CC3285A21202.jpeg

70A392C4-E4B4-4D93-B1D4-3243770DD58B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:inlove::inlove::inlove:⬆️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3. Oktober 2017 at 12:15 AM, TXIII said:

I just received my serigraph set and I love them! I feel like this concludes the Rebel Heart era for me personally, and it was a beautiful and exciting time. I can’t wait for M14. 

95BECE54-8A85-4BA5-841F-CC3285A21202.jpeg

70A392C4-E4B4-4D93-B1D4-3243770DD58B.jpeg

Gorgeous. I'm too poor to buy this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DagIN said:

Gorgeous. I'm too poor to buy this

weren't they given away as a free gift on the ICON store?
I ordered the dvd+t-shirt combo hoping to get a set and obviously I didn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cocolattee said:

weren't they given away as a free gift on the ICON store?
I ordered the dvd+t-shirt combo hoping to get a set and obviously I didn't

Yes, the mini set was included with a pre-order bundle. Do you still have your receipt when you originally purchased? I would double check that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 1:14 AM, loowee said:

apparently many Madonna fans don't like fast paced editing because it gives them migraine and seizure. 

The editing on this show is migraine-inducing. I literally can't watch this show all the way through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, material_boy said:

The editing on this show is migraine-inducing. I literally can't watch this show all the way through.

I don't like this way of editing, mainly because it kills any notion of 'live on stage'. It's hard to capture the essence of a live performance on video, almost impossible some would say. But this new aesthetic of heavy editing and filtering is merely making a music video using some live footage. I don't need that. But since we have a lot of unedited fan recordings these days I don't mind too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the editing. I think it brings a lot of excitement and action to the show. Plus, I find it fascinating cause that is probably the way Madonna conceptualized the show in her head. I think it’s a beautiful film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2017 at 3:29 PM, material_boy said:

The editing on this show is migraine-inducing. I literally can't watch this show all the way through.

It's not that bad, but the thing it lacks, ironically, is heart. This wasn't really the show for flashy over indulgence and the smoke n mirrors of the editing suite. It called for more subtlety and intimacy and authenticity imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kim said:

It's not that bad, but the thing it lacks, ironically, is heart. This wasn't really the show for flashy over indulgence and the smoke n mirrors of the editing suite. It called for more subtlety and intimacy and authenticity imo.

Very well said, that is why True Blue, Take A Bow and Like A Prayer are highlights for me, they have the raw simplicity and HEART, they are the least generic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely agree with you @Bat-Fanand @Kim. The show could have been great.

My only complaint is that I would have really loved to see "Frozen" and "Drowned World" getting a comeback on this tour.

Those are the songs I grew up with, so they have a really special place in my heart. And I never get tired of listening to them......I just can't get enough of them.

Why she doesn't play them live anymore is still beyond me. :bad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched it again.  Best "stylized" tour film since Confessions. Just the right balance between stylized/cinematic moments and one-on-one audience moments. Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Emy_Max said:

Definitely agree with you @Bat-Fanand @Kim. The show could have been great.

My only complaint is that I would have really loved to see "Frozen" and "Drowned World" getting a comeback on this tour.

Those are the songs I grew up with, so they have a really special place in my heart. And I never get tired of listening to them......I just can't get enough of them.

Why she doesn't play them live anymore is still beyond me. :bad:

At least those two had been performed live on tour. The same can't be said about your signature's song. :imsad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 2:25 AM, tasteinmen said:

Legally a PSE test (epilepsy / seizure test) would be required from the finished graded product before the video would be allowed to be released, all jokes a side, I don't think anyone will was on the floor having seizures watching this.

Video editing for concerts has changed over the years, like most things, like I said in an earlier thread, watching the Girlie Show recently it felt quite slow compared, and also there was lots of dodgy jib work. But it adds to it's charm.

Even watching 80s concerts released on these SDE box set DVDs (Tears for Fears, Prince, Belinda Carlisle) there were loads of video effects used that just look cheap now, personally, I like that kind of stuff.

What industry do you work in/educational background do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2017 at 8:29 AM, material_boy said:

The editing on this show is migraine-inducing. I literally can't watch this show all the way through.

damn. getting older is gonna suck. can't watch Madonna shows anymore. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

Definitely agree with you @Bat-Fanand @Kim. The show could have been great.

My only complaint is that I would have really loved to see "Frozen" and "Drowned World" getting a comeback on this tour.

Those are the songs I grew up with, so they have a really special place in my heart. And I never get tired of listening to them......I just can't get enough of them.

Why she doesn't play them live anymore is still beyond me. :bad:

Frozen was performed in 2009
Drowned in 2006

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TRVC said:

What industry do you work in/educational background do you have?

I work in the TV industry as an Editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TRVC said:

Frozen was performed in 2009
Drowned in 2006

 

Yeah, I know that.

But I'm expecting a comeback of those 2 songs on her future tours. 

She didn't played those 2 songs since 2012. So it's definitely time to dust them off, specially now that Ray Of Light is approaching 20.

I see the anniversary of the album as a great opportunity to play those songs again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×