MadonnaNation.com Forums
mynameisdita

MDNA Skin U.S. Launch (2nd thread)

I did get The Face Wash :rolleyes: ugh....I HAD to get SOMETHING from the collection and that was by far the cheapest!

I will say, it smells amazing.....I feel like I'm at the spa every time I wash my face with it. It also makes my face just look clearer, smoother and just "brighter" in general on days that I use it. It came with a sample of The Serum and a little does go a long way with that! I've used it like 3 times already and I still got a little left. I've used The Serum all days I've used The Face Wash so maybe THAT'S what's been making my face look "brighter". 

I normally use either Nivea face scrub or sometimes I have the exfoliating face scrub by MenScience and honestly, I can't say at this point MDNA's results are DRASTICALLY different visually but the feeling is more "refreshing" if that makes sense.....my skin just feels cleaner and smoother after MDNA vs. the others.....since I've only used MDNA a few times (I don't wash my face every day cuz it dries out too much if I do) I may be premature in my evaluation but so far, this is where we're at! :)

I'd LOVE to get some of the other shit b/c I'm sure this is one of those things where you have to use EVERYTHING to see drastic results but Bitch, I'm NOT Madonna.....I don't have $800 million stashed away to splurge on face care items...lol.....I'm sure I'll end up getting a couple more things but highly doubt I'll ever own all of it. :(

8 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I did get The Face Wash :rolleyes: ugh....I HAD to get SOMETHING from the collection and that was by far the cheapest!

I will say, it smells amazing.....I feel like I'm at the spa every time I wash my face with it. It also makes my face just look clearer, smoother and just "brighter" in general on days that I use it. It came with a sample of The Serum and a little does go a long way with that! I've used it like 3 times already and I still got a little left. I've used The Serum all days I've used The Face Wash so maybe THAT'S what's been making my face look "brighter". 

I normally use either Nivea face scrub or sometimes I have the exfoliating face scrub by MenScience and honestly, I can't say at this point MDNA's results are DRASTICALLY different visually but the feeling is more "refreshing" if that makes sense.....my skin just feels cleaner and smoother after MDNA vs. the others.....since I've only used MDNA a few times (I don't wash my face every day cuz it dries out too much if I do) I may be premature in my evaluation but so far, this is where we're at! :)

I'd LOVE to get some of the other shit b/c I'm sure this is one of those things where you have to use EVERYTHING to see drastic results but Bitch, I'm NOT Madonna.....I don't have $800 million stashed away to splurge on face care items...lol.....I'm sure I'll end up getting a couple more things but highly doubt I'll ever own all of it. :(

The power of MDNA Skin

You don’t have to use EVERYTHING to see the results. I use the face wash, rose mist and the serum. That’s all. I use the mask now and then too. The results are astonishing. This stuff works. 

9 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

:lol2: at it all

Seeing how Madonna has fabulous hair, when is she coming out with MDNA Hair?  I’d buy that!

Madonna just gave an interviwe to Popsugar:

https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Madonna-MDNA-Finishing-Cream-44331975

Madonna Talks Feminism, Skin Care, and Faking a Good Night's Sleep

Image Source: Getty / Ben Stansall

As I'm running on a solid five hours of sleep, Madonna calls to talk about her new MDNA Finishing Cream ($250), a thermal-water-infused moisturizer that's supposed to fake a full night of peaceful slumber. So, how many hours does Madonna usually take to rest up? "Six," the icon said. "If I'm lucky, and it's a Sunday sleep-in day, eight. And that's just a marvelous privilege."

It's hard to imagine Madonna sleeps at all, considering how hard the woman works. Between being, you know, Madonna and all, earlier this Fall she also launched MDNA, her passion-project skincare line. The Finishing Cream is her latest drop, and given its major hype, it just might become her most popular.

What's so special about this cream? For one, it contains M.T.PARCA Thermal Water extracted from Montecatini, Italy. This province in Tuscany has won fame for the healing properties of its water. "People go to these spas to heal everything from arthritis to skin ailments," Madonna said. "The water rises to the surface of the volcanic eruption, and then that's skimmed off of the top. That's purified, and those waters have a specific molecular structure that not only heals the skin but also purifies, tightens, hydrates, and illuminates."

According to Madonna, eczema, acne, scars, and rosacea can all be healed or reversed with M.T.PARCA Thermal Water. I ask her if it can go on other parts of your body, like how she previously told us that her Magnetic Clay Mask should be applied to your butt because "it has an audience."

"Well, that was a joke," she said, laughing. "But, absolutely. It has a microcurrent quality, so it's stimulating your muscles. You can use it anywhere."

Image Source: Getty / Kevin Mazur

I ask her about my problem area — dark under-eyes — and it turns out that Madonna and I have exactly one thing in common (and thus, my life is complete). "I tend to wake up with really puffy eyes, so if it's early in the morning, the first thing I have to do is put ice on my eyes and do things to make the swelling go down," she said. For that same reason, she always pops her Eye Mask ($50) in the fridge before using.

"It's not just equal rights for women, it's equal rights for women of all ages."

Then the Material Girl herself tells me that, in fact, there are some skincare results money can't buy. "The thing that makes you feel the most beautiful is when you're happy with yourself, and you're confident, and you've done something good," she said. She referenced when she gave an emotional speech on being a woman in the music industry at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards, or the time she built a pediatric care wing at a hospital in Malawi. "Those are empowering moments that make me feel beautiful inside and out."

And as we endure a watershed moment in the women's rights movement, the lifelong feminist is hopeful. "We need to get people to look deeper into the double standards and hypocrisy that have existed for so long," she said. But Madonna is not just talking about fulfilling the cookie-cutter definition of feminism. "It's not just equal rights for women, it's equal rights for women of all ages. Ageism is something that runs very, very deep in our DNA as humans. I think women and men are guilty of it. So, I hope that that is the result of what's happening right now."

They couldn't find better pictures?

Vogue Magazine 

https://www.vogue.com/article/madonna-mdna-skin-care-line-health-japan-beauty-advice

The Perfect 24-Hour Spa Day Involves This, According to Madonna

DECEMBER 7, 2017 3:24 PM

by KATE BRANCH

00-story-image-madonna.gif

Courtesy of Interscope Records

“You have M from MDNASkin.com,” is how Madonna answers the phone while doing press for her new skin-care line out of Japan, MDNA, named after her 12th studio album, which was named after the pop icon herself. Cutting right to the chase—you’d expect nothing less from a music legend and cultural symbol who has made a career out of self-empowerment—she delves right into the eight-product line that now includes a light, water-based finishing cream that is packed with hydrating ceramides and derived from the shimmering mineral mica. It is the culmination of a life spent on the road, she says, where much activity and little sleep is had. After all, good products, sleep, and water are the answer to perfect skin: “Juice is not water! Water is water!” says the 59-year-old, her enthusiasm making way for her Midwestern accent.

The sun-conscious, Michigan-born mogul, who now has six children, the eldest of which is Lourdes Leon, 21—“I have dreams of her laying out by the pool without wearing any sunscreen and I go ballistic,” she says—prides herself on having always taken care of her skin, even when she was a broke artist just starting out on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. “When I was making the transition from dance to music, I would save the little money I had and get a facial on Seventh Street, sandwiched in between all of the punk stores, once every couple of weeks,” she says. “I don’t know why we took care of our skin, but we did.” The “we” she is referring to is her and best friend Debi Mazar, the actress who moonlighted as her makeup artist at the time, not she and then-boyfriend Jean-Michel Basquiat or good friend Keith Haring. No, she says with a laugh, “the boys did not take care of their skin. But they were artists and painters and everything was about visuals.”

And if her three-decades-long career—full of countless jaw-dropping music videos, groundbreaking outfits, and sensationally theatrical tours replete with dancers suspended in the air and sword fighters set against high-tech set designs—is any indicator, visuals are still very important to Madonna, and M from MDNASkin.com. And so, Vogueasked her to visualize this: A day without work, email, and kids. “Please god,” she whispers at the prospect. What would it look like?

“Well, I would wake up and put my eye maskon. I would lay there for a little while and take the rose mist spray—I wouldn’t get out of bed—and then use my Cryo-Sticks, which I store in the freezer,” she says of the stainless steel sculpting tool that reduces redness through the use of thermal energy. She continues, gaining excitement: “Then, I’d lay there for 10 or 20 minutes, until my puffy eyes go down, while I’m served coffee, of course.” The rest of the day includes more pampering, such as a full-body oxygen treatment, courtesy of her at-home Intraceuticals Oxygen machine (she purportedly owns a few because “it’s all about hydration,” she says), and a clay mask not only on her face but on all dry body parts. “My knees, my elbows, even my butt.” After a final cleanse of her face, she would apply her new MDNA skin-perfecting finishing cream and then get her hair and makeup done before going out. Where’s out? “Depends,” she says, like a true person who has zero responsibility for a day. “An art exhibit or gallery, perhaps, maybe even the theater! I’d do all the things I never get to do. And I would look amazing and my skin would be glowing.” Spoken like the true boss she is.

On 18/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, acko said:

Is she selling leather paraphernalia?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Omg i need this damn skin era to end already. Write a children’s book for Malawi or ANYTHING 

Do something else, Madonna. Do my eyebrows.