MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Take a Bow from the Japanese release

There's a bit missing from that one at 2:19, here's in full

There is a huge out of synch problem in the second half. The bad quality version that was around a few days ago did not have this problem. Anyone have the japanese DVD yet?

4 hours ago, Gus said:

There's a bit missing from that one at 2:19, here's in full

What will we do without youuuuuu Gus :brenspin:

To be honest, the camera edition during Like a Prayer and Take a Bow are a million times better than the rest of the show.

33 minutes ago, Jairo said:

To be honest, the camera edition during Like a Prayer and Take a Bow are a million times better than the rest of the show.

You are absolutely right. :) They used more Sydney footage. Basically, these "extras" come the nearest to the original idea why they shot the last two concerts with cranes and spidercam.

6 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

She looked SO GORGEOUS!!!! :dramatic: 

Queen forever!!!

I have been a Madonna fanatic since 1986... so why does she punish me this way and refuse me one of her finest performances ever just because I am an American.  Blah.... Take a Bow is gorgeous.  Should have been a bonus for all.  I still love her though... even if I do get "smacked around" a little.  hehe

13 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

I have been a Madonna fanatic since 1986... so why does she punish me this way and refuse me one of her finest performances ever just because I am an American.

Because u weren't a fan in 1985.

@Emy_Max the bonuses are a general thing in the Japanese market so people would buy local instead of imports. 

If only I knew it before I wouldn't have bought the UK Blu-Ray. :wacko:

My guess is that she probably didn't obtained the rights from the Japanese broadcasters, hence why it's only available to the Japanese market.

Whatever the real problem is behind this drastic decision, it's such a shame, really :(

It's a very great performance.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

@Emy_Max the bonuses are a general thing in the Japanese market so people would buy local instead of imports. 

I have plenty of David Bowie/Celine Dion/Marilyn Manson Japanese releases, as well as many movies on Blu-Ray (mainly Steelbooks and special editions). I'm a very passionate collector, when it comes to movies/artists I like. So it's not a problem, for me, to get also this one from Japan, too, sometime in the future.

But it's definitely a bummer double-dipping for only a song. Wish there was, maybe, something more to justify the price of the import.

3 hours ago, acko said:

Because u weren't a fan in 1985.

haha...  Believe it or not...  I didn't know who she was until 1986... Grew up in a country music home and I was a bit young for a lady rolling around in her underwear (so my parents thought).  By 1987 though, my patents actually took me to the Who's that Girl Tour after we all about wore out the Virgin Tour VHS.  

5 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

If only I knew it before I wouldn't have bought the UK Blu-Ray. :wacko:

These info were posted in here weeks before the release and bitched by many fans in MNation. :1251: 

How can you miss it? You should come in here more often to find out the release details.

Oh btw, Taiwan edition comes with a file folder + poster. :horn: 

5 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

My guess is that she probably didn't obtained the rights from the Japanese broadcasters, hence why it's only available to the Japanese market.

Whatever the real problem is behind this drastic decision, it's such a shame, really :(

It's a very great performance.

1. Because the Japanese manufacturer wants to encourage the local consumer to buy locally made product.

2. The cost of locally made DVD is much higher than those imports. Without the bonus material, it will make it harder to compete with the imports.

3. In addition to the bonus tracks, it will also include translated material or extra booklet to create a more "luxury" & "authentic" feeling.

After seeing this & LAP on the Blu ray, I so wish they left these performances in as part of the main show & omitted the boxing part, oh well...:bad:

this proves once again that crazy frantic editing is THE ENEMY
Take a Bow, True Blue, La vie en rose... all end up being the best moments because you can actually SEE HER (and breathe. and sing. and feel all the emotions again)

1 hour ago, cocolattee said:

this proves once again that crazy frantic editing is THE ENEMY
Take a Bow, True Blue, La vie en rose... all end up being the best moments because you can actually SEE HER (and breathe. and sing. and feel all the emotions again)

I agree, now only if she understood this.

Just now, Bat-Fan said:

I agree, now only if she understood this.

it's the nuances
her facial expressions, her smiles, making eye-contact and connecting with the fans, even feeling the coreography, the dance moves, the lyrics of the songs.... it all gets lost in the editing

I could spend hours just staring at her face. I don't need to see so much of the dancers or the fans to be honest.

She needs to stop editing the shows. Look Sticky & Sweet and Confessions Tour. The video edition is fantastic. MDNA Tour and Rebel Heart are too much!

8 hours ago, cocolattee said:

it's the nuances
her facial expressions, her smiles, making eye-contact and connecting with the fans, even feeling the coreography, the dance moves, the lyrics of the songs.... it all gets lost in the editing

I could spend hours just staring at her face. I don't need to see so much of the dancers or the fans to be honest.

I am guessing since Take A Bow and Like A Prayer is the best edited songs, Madonna had nothing to do with editing them.